Formula One 2008

Katsuya

I'm getting sick and tired of the stewards now. They've gotten stricter over the past couple of years and it's shitting all over exciting races like the one today. Not to mention that their penalties are fucking bipolar. I bet if it weren't for Hamilton, Glock would've been docked five places for the next race for example. I mean, what next? Button is not allowed cake at the after-race party because he didn't let a lapping car past fast enough? Bullshit.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the drama had not finished, and was merely switched to the stewards' office.

Their decision is likely to be greeted with cynicism as it makes the championship battle dramatically closer at a time when Hamilton was beginning to look like he was inching towards his first title.

Says it all. I guess F1 want a finish like last years with it going all the way to the wire to keep the high draw.

*sigh*. He didn't score any points and he still beat your precious Alonso. Okay?

Furthermore, if I must go there, all their cars were damaged and they'd turned their engines off. He wasn't damaged, and the engine held up.

ETA: And once again, Massa didn't "nearly cause a major crash". He backed off before they even got to the very narrow bit, and there have been much closer releases in the past that haven't caused any problems.

Edited by Katsuya

*sigh*. He didn't score any points and he still beat your precious Alonso. Okay?

Furthermore, if I must go there, all their cars were damaged and they'd turned their engines off. He wasn't damaged, and the engine held up.

I'll ignore the first sentence because it's useless to be fair in the forum.

I know he wasn't damaged, but it's forbidden to have external help unless you say you quit the race.

And today, Hamilton deserved to win but he was penalized for not letting Raikkonen get back (okay, he did, but only for 100 metres but if I think if he passed him after turn 1 he wouldn't be penalized) And it's fairly obvious that Formula One is a business like wrestling, so they're trying to make it exciting.

ETA: And once again, Massa didn't "nearly cause a major crash". He backed off before they even got to the very narrow bit, and there have been much closer releases in the past that haven't caused any problems.

Tell that to Bruno Senna yesterday, given a stop and go penalty for doing something similar, but nowhere near as bad, as Massa did last time (he got released, the track was wet, the car had wheel spin and so couldnt pull off properly and he had to tuck in behind the oncoming car instead of going infront of it), and thus meaning he has practically lost the gp2 title. You can't have stewards with double standards.

Also, Kimi overtook Lewis under double waved yellows, after Lewis had moved to avoid hitting the stranded car of Rosberg, so yeah, I stick with my point. Stewards are biased for Ferrari.

Edited by cmb211087

Tell that to Bruno Senna yesterday, given a stop and go penalty for doing something similar, but nowhere near as bad, as Massa did last time (he got released, the track was wet, the car had wheel spin and so couldnt pull off properly and he had to tuck in behind the oncoming car instead of going infront of it), and thus meaning he has practically lost the gp2 title. You can't have stewards with double standards.

Also, Kimi overtook Lewis under double waved yellows, after Lewis had moved to avoid hitting the stranded car of Rosberg, so yeah, I stick with my point. Stewards are biased for Ferrari.

By "practically lost the GP2 title", you're ignoring the fact that, ya know, Pantano didn't score any points either. Furthermore, Senna's release was more dangerous since the other car had to swerve to avoid being hit by Senna. Sutil, on the other hand, was never going to be hit by Massa.

Except it wasn't a dangerous release because how the hell where they to know that they would get wheel spin and no grip, thus slowing them down and putting them in the path of the other car? It was not a fair decision as it was bloody unavoidable, where as Massa's was avoidable and he only got a fine.

Also, I am not ignoring the point, that makes mine more valid I think, as without the penalty, Senna would have got points and thus caught up a bit, now he is still 12 points behind (I think? The site has not been updated so yeah...).

Edited by cmb211087

I think its up for debate how 'immediately' he let him pass again, but I may be being picky there.

Tbh, this controversy isn't helping F1's already dwindliny reputation and credibility, and whichever way it goes I'll be biased in Ferrari's favour. Tbh, if Kimi had got out of his car, punctured Hamilton's tyres then hopped back in and gone on to win the race I'd be saying Ferrari did nothing wrong! :pervert:

I think its up for debate how 'immediately' he let him pass again, but I may be being picky there.

Tbh, this controversy isn't helping F1's already dwindliny reputation and credibility, and whichever way it goes I'll be biased in Ferrari's favour. Tbh, if Kimi had got out of his car, punctured Hamilton's tyres then hopped back in and gone on to win the race I'd be saying Ferrari did nothing wrong! :pervert:

Quickly enough, Kimi was past him well before the next corner.

Well Ferrari have come out and said there was nothing wrong with the pass, so there ya go, even they think the stewards are cunts.

Isn't that contradictory? Ferrari complained about that to the FIA and then Hamilton got penalized. How can they say that now? Because if Ferrari hadn't complained, Hamilton would've won.

Well Ferrari have come out and said there was nothing wrong with the pass, so there ya go, even they think the stewards are cunts.

Isn't that contradictory? Ferrari complained about that to the FIA and then Hamilton got penalized. How can they say that now? Because if Ferrari hadn't complained, Hamilton would've won.

I never heard anywhere that Ferrari complained. I just heard at the end of the race that the stewards were reviewing the incident.

What's he supposed to do? Park up, get out of the car and wave Kimi past?

This is still total bullshit. For four main reasons, one of which nobody is brave enough to even argue so far:

#1: Hamilton had no choice but to cut the corner. Whether or not Kimi was entitled to force him off the road is up for discussion (personally I think it was a bit cuntish, but not entirely unfair under the circumstances). Hmm, maybe he did have a choice; turn hard right and slam into Raikkonen's car, would that have been preferable?

#2: Hamilton gave Raikkonen the position back at the earliest opportunity, short of stopping the car dead on the track (which would've been fucking dangerous).

#3: The stewards TOLD McClaren at the time of the incident that Hamilton had done nothing wrong. How the fuck can they then go back on that decision after the race?

#4: The only, one, single entity disadvantaged by the entire incident DIDN'T EVEN FINISH THE FUCKING RACE.