Street Fighter Movie

Slogger

How can you base a movie around Chun Li, Balrog, Vega, and Nash? What, they couldn't get the rights to use Rolento, T. Hawk, Dhalsim, and Dan Hibiki?

If you're going to make a Street Fighter movie, Capcom, come correct -- make Ryu your main character, make Ken his wisecracking partner, and throw in Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, Zangief, and Blanka as a supporting cast. Villains are M. Bison, Vega, Sagat, Adon, and Sodom. Cameos by everyone else not on this list. Sequel focuses on the battle with Akuma and possible Evil Ryu.

There, was that so hard?

How can you base a movie around Chun Li, Balrog, Vega, and Nash? What, they couldn't get the rights to use Rolento, T. Hawk, Dhalsim, and Dan Hibiki?

If you're going to make a Street Fighter movie, Capcom, come correct -- make Ryu your main character, make Ken his wisecracking partner, and throw in Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, Zangief, and Blanka as a supporting cast. Villains are M. Bison, Vega, Sagat, Adon, and Sodom. Cameos by everyone else not on this list. Sequel focuses on the battle with Akuma and possible Evil Ryu.

There, was that so hard?

You don't even need that. If you want sequel potential all you really want is the original eight World Warriors and then Sagat and his three main cronies. Anyone else can be introduced in later films.

Man, fuck Street Fighter, if only for "been there, done that". Raul Julia was beyond awesome as M. Bison, and NO ONE is going to be able to top that.

I want a Tekken movie, motherfuckers!

They're making one, the only things associated with Tekken are Jin Kazama, Mishima Corporation and the name as far as I know.

Man, fuck Street Fighter, if only for "been there, done that". Raul Julia was beyond awesome as M. Bison, and NO ONE is going to be able to top that.

I want a Tekken movie, motherfuckers!

They're making one, the only things associated with Tekken are Jin Kazama, Mishima Corporation and the name as far as I know.

It's true. The magic of that movie was that it combined a real American hero from Belgium with an evil Southeast Asian dictator from Puerto Rico and made it... well, it didn't work, but you get the idea.

It totally worked, quit ragging on it! Sure it's no masterpiece, but the games are hardly the be all end all of artistic genius. Hell, half the characters have the same moves and costumes with only different colour schemes seperating them out (not that I'm ragging on the games, because the games are a lot of fun). If you take it for what it is, it's pretty enjoyable.

This new one however, does not sound good. Then again, if you write down and tell people what hte original film was like, I probably wouldn't look forward to seeing that either.

Let's face it, the original Street Fighter live action movie was cheesey as fuck, and it was good because of it. It was good because it was bad, and it was made in a time nobody would take video game adaptations totally seriously anyway (which hasn't REALLY changed that much). It's fun for what it was.

Let's face it, the original Street Fighter live action movie was cheesey as fuck, and it was good because of it. It was good because it was bad, and it was made in a time nobody would take video game adaptations totally seriously anyway (which hasn't REALLY changed that much). It's fun for what it was.

And considering the time period, it had some pretty big stars for a video game movie. Raul Julia, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue? Nowadays most stars wouldn't touch a game movie with a twenty-foot clown pole

It's true. The magic of that movie was that it combined a real American hero from Belgium with an evil Southeast Asian dictator from Puerto Rico and made it... well, it didn't work, but you get the idea.

Did any actor's nationality on that film match with their character?

An Australian as Cammy?

A Samoan as E Honda?

An Englishman as Dhalsim?

I love how the press release makes absolutely zero mention of the previous one.

Thats at least a movie with some age. Look at the new Hulk flick, they do the same thing just a cupple of years after the first one. :w00t: (while i have to say that i liked both original movies, for different reasons but i did.... ;-) )

Oh, I'm not denying that at all. I love the movie. Hell, I own it, and reading this thread inspired me to watch it again. I can probably recite it from memory. It's great.