2008 MLB Season

sahyder1

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game it has been. Cook has been awesome. Pitching situation is getting interesting though. What happens incase of tie?

Despite being an Angels fan I really did want Mariano to blow the game. and especially after the crowd started to boo Papelbon.

Edited by sahyder1

Because I want to see what other outrageous stipulations Selig will add to next year's All-Star Game.

I've just hated the fact that they changed the deciding factor of home field advantage in the World Series from best record to who wins an exhibition game. I understand they wanted the game to mean something but it would mean something if we got games like this more often then blowouts or trying to fit everybody in.

Edit: I predict that JD Drew homers here.. just have a feeling. Only about 300 feet short. :shifty:

Edited by punky

Holy crap it's finally over.

I wanted it to go on longer and then them have a headache over who would carry on pitching.

Edited by King eLLis

Guest Offbeat Bareass

That would opened up a whole new can of bullshit if a position player hurt himself pitching for the All-Star Game.

I was so happy to see J.D. Drew win that award, but hopefully he remembers that it's the slightly bigger trophy that matters and he keeps played good ball.

I just happened to catch a rerun of the Home Run Derby (I hadn't seen it on Monday night). I already knew about the 28 home runs and the deep bombs. But just seeing this, Josh Hamilton is truly amazing.

I can't really say anything different than what others have already said... it's just incredible this kid's story and what he's doing right now. Hopefully the second half keeps up this MVP season.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Do not trade Halladay this year, unless you're giving up on 09 and 10 already. You'll be able to get at least as good of a return next year anyhow.

Guest Offbeat Bareass

It's a matter of when a team says it is rebuilding time. Do the Jays have a shot over the next three years to compete with the Red Sox, Yankees, and now Rays? Red Sox seem to have a sturdy future atop the division, the Rays have had a big boost but will need to prove some stability, and the Yankees are on the decline. The Jays could, possibly, squeak into a wildcard position, but that's only if the AL Central teams eat themselves alive and the AL West stays mediocre. The Jays should take a page out of the Marlins and Rays book and do what they need to do to build for three-year bursts. All you have to do is get into the playoffs.

They need a real DH, a SS and a third outfielder. If you're three players away, starting over seems like a really bad idea. And take a page out of the Marlins and Rays book? Marlins perhaps, but the Rays playbook has been to suck miserably for a decade and sop up all the high level draft picks. That's why the crowds they're drawing still suck. Looking at it in terms of the competition is useless in my opinion, because if you're waiting for the Yankees and Red Sox to just completely drop the ball and stop being competitive then you're going to be waiting a long time. They're not that far off being competitive. Trading Halladay and giving up for the foreseeable future is just unnecessary and gives off the wrong message to fans.