Radio Stations

Benji

Generally the only radio I choose to listen to in my spare time are shows - featuring more chat than anything else. Examples being Steve Merchant's show on 6 Music and Russell Brand on Radio 2. Neither play awful music, Russell Brand's is pretty good actually.

I have Xfm on in the mornings alongside my alarm, I get about 20 minutes of that a day while I'm half asleep still.

He played "I Found You" by Axwell (High Contrast Remix) in the morning, which I thought was fantastic. I'd love to see him present a daily slot every couple of weeks or so and just let him run loose with his play list, he gets a good mix of mainstream music and breakthrough artists it's really good.

Scott Mills is my favourite daytime, and I like Jo and Edith when I can catch them. Moyles just loves his voice too much, and yes he can be entertaining but he spends too much time dragging stuff out that doesn't need to be dragged out for as long as he does. I don't hate him, but I don't think he's the saviour or anything like others (and himself) seem to have thought.

At my old work, we used to have Radio One on all the time (I wasn't allowed my own CD's, for fairly obvious reasons ¬_¬. Nobody else brought their own CD's either because I was their boss. I'd have been fine with it, but they didn't even bother, which is kinda cute), and Scott Mills was awesome. You summed up Moyles perfectly too; he CAN be funny, but he tries too much, and for too long. Chappers and Dave are/were far better on Saturdays.

Colin and Edith are ok, they're decent together, but when Edith got her own show I wanted to shove cotton woll in my ears. Her voice is too annoying for a whole show on her own.

The Live Lounge was fantastic, but otherwise Jo Whiley's show sucked.

The only shows I go out of my way to listen to are Howard Stern, Chris Moyles and Iain Lee. Otherwise, I listen in and out to different stations to see what is going on with different DJs and criticise everything they do.