Camden Crawl 08

K

Anyone Camden Crawling this year?

I've been the past two years and it's been fantastic.

For the uninitiated it's an indie style two day romp around camden. All the bars open their doors to wristband holders, and all through the two days bands are playing. You can fall in and out of any bar or pub you like. You can get a map and stage times at the beginning, but to be honest by the time the bands start playing in the afternoon you're usually too drunk to notice which bar you're in. Great way to find some new talent. Acts on the crawl usually get pretty famous in the years after, so this is a great time to see them in small bars. LAst year hosted Hadouken, Hot Club de Paris, New Young Pony Club, Jack Penate and others in tiny venues who are all now doing really well. Kate Nash was there as well and she has fucking exploded this past year.

Highlights last year for me were the Zico Chain, Scroobius Pip, Billy Bragg, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Year before is a bit of a blur, but that was fantastic as well.

This years Line Up is

Line Up: Friday Only

Agaskodo Teliverek / Blackhole / Bombay Bicycle Club / Cutting Pink with Knives / Eastern Conference Champions / Eugene McGuinness / The Ghost Frequency / Hatcham Social / In Case Of Fire / JME / The King Blues / Lowline / Lucy and the Caterpillar / Pete Molinari / The Noisettes / Post War Years / Rolo Tomassi / The Rushes / S.C.U.M / Sergeant / Shut Your Eyes And You'll Burst Into Flames / Simone White / SixNationState / Soko / Vinny Vinny / William / Yoav / Youthmovies

Line Up: Saturday Only

Acoustic Ladyland / The Brute Chorus / Circulus / Cheap Hotel / Cheeky Cheeky and the Nosebleeds / Damn Shames / Dead Kids / The Dirty Feel / Duels / Effi Briest / Figure 5 / Jim Gipson / Innerpartysystem / Invasion / Jay Jay Pistolet / Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong / Kode 9 / Lucy and the Caterpillar / M83 / Nic Dawson Kelly / Pacific! / Party Shank / Reuben / Rosie Oddie and the Odd Squad / Screaming Tea Party / Skepta / Sky Larkin / Slagsmalsklubben / South Central / Team Waterpolo / Tronic Youth / White Lies

I've only heard of two of these, one of which is the almighty Reuben, so I'll be happy to find some new stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this now. I plan to get there quite early to take advantage of the Comedy Shows, the Arts And Crafts Disco (Origami FTW), the Bad Poetry Competition and to just generally soak up the camden atmosphere.

Anyone else tagging along?

Supergrass, are you going?

Sounds pretty good, I didn't know about those extras. I'm still waiting to hear from my friend who has tickets, who seems to have vanished from existence for the last week or two, so I'm going to assume it's a no for me unless something miraculous happens between now and Friday.

Edited by supergrass

Guest grassroots

its all sold out, the last time i checked seetickets. cant wait, this ones gonna be good. im looking forward to see Metronomy. that probably my tip for this year. any advice on other hot bands to see. cheers

Guest grassroots

i've heard the noisettes are good, but i don't about it youth movies - i saw them a couple of months back and to be honest it was a bit meh...

post war years are a good bet too, but no idea where they're going to be!!