Metal Gear Online

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My username is HamsterOfFury and he's a handsome, no nonsense kinda guy.

The newest patch took about 8 minutes to download with 16 peers.

I found it horribly tricky and chunky to begin with but went into training, tried a few things out and it's definitely a grower (Y)

My name's the same, as I use for everything.

Played a bit. Eh, don't know if I like it.

The hit detection is absolute shit. And the controls are clunky, with aiming and such too slow.

I can imagine MGS 4 will be brilliant, but if they intend this multiplayer to be even comparable to other stuff out there (on the PS3 alone, Call of Duty 4 and Warhawk) they need to work on that hit detection and tighten up the controls.

And is there any way possible to recover health. Nothing's worse than walking around after killing two guys and effectively being a sitting duck.

But we must get an EWB game going. Must.

Argh. So my internet stopped working temporarily, and I thought it would make sense to restart download of 1.02 as it just wasn't moving. Then when it wouldn't log me in, I thought "Shit, I've gone wrong here. I'm gonna have to reinstall the game."

So now, 5 hours later, I've reconnected my net, and I am on 2% of 1.01. This is most displeasing. You guys are lucky.

Muwahaha.

Was playing team death match, was down to me and some other guy against 3 other dudes who were all my former team mates the previous few games... We worked quite well as a cohesive team always staying together and taking out the other team.

Since I knew how they operated though I knew precisely where they would be on Bloodbath. Low and behold there they were moving together. One grenade as a decoy a rolling dive onto the middle section and three consecutive headshots later, I won the round with not a second to spare.

After growing used to the controls for the most part, they don't bother me too much (admittedly I am too used to other games. And the hit detection has somehow improved. I suppose I can chalk the earlier horridness up to lag with so many people on.

So I heard there was a way to get a voucher code without pre-ordering the game? Any info on that? :shifty:

Some EBs, Gamestops and Best Buy have been randomly giving out their pre-order stock. Otherwise there's no real way to get it in North America.

You could always email the Konami customer service and try to bullshit them saying you got a 9 digit code.

Or ask CKN, he said on the previous page he has an extra.

[Edit:] But holy shit... I looked at the rankings. There's guys already in the few thousand range of kills in some of the modes. Sheesh.

Edited by Vilge Duin