Calzaghe vs. Hopkins

Baddar

29 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is...

• Calzaghe
    • Hopkins
    • Neither - It'll be a draw

This'll be on Setanta Sports tomorrow night with a 3am (early hours Sunday morning) start. Anyone else going to watch?

Much like Hatton-Mayweather had a poll, this one does too. So, who's your money on?

I can't help but go with so many others on this, and say Calzaghe on points.

This could turn out to be the first match i'll have ever watched live... if not the first match i've ever watched >_<

Just wondering, how do 40+ boxers usually fare against up-and-coming boxers? I remember reading about Tyson or someone ages back who lost a dead cert match and got mutilated.

Tyson was long past it when he lost that match. Hopkins isn't exactly "past it" even though he's old. Hopkins has been fighting world-class opponents on a regular basis and winning throughout his career wheras when Tyson lost that match to McBride in 2005 he hadn't fought at the top since 2002 (when Lennox Lewis destroyed him) or argueably as far back as 1996 when he lost the World title to Holyfield.

Edited by brenchill

Urgh I thought I would of been able to have Setanta Sports on for the night seeing as it's on my digibox but it's giving me a load of bollocks about "encrpytion" problems. I'll have to settle for listening to it on the radio unless anyone else knows of any underhand methods of watching it live :shifty:.

Meh. I was gonna make use of my newly acquired Setanta Sports channels and watch this, but with a 3am start I don't think I'll make it.

I don't have Sky+ and I shipped out my VCR, cause having such an archaic bit of kit would simply be insulting toward my PS3 and big widescreen HDTV. =(

I'll probably catch one of the many replays they're inevitably going to show.

Guest chatterbox

The winner of this last round wins the entire thing by my book.

Its over ... decision pending.

JOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! by split-decision.

Edited by chatterbox

Not a bad fight, fairly entertaining, but I was hoping for a bit more of a beat down. I was glad to see Calzaghe win as well, I wasn't too fond of the "I don't lose to white boys" comment. I don't think Hopkins is a racist, but I don't like the fact that he used the race card to get under Calzaghe's skin. Something tells me Calzaghe wouldn't have gotten away with a comment similar in nature directed at Hopkins.