Britain's Got Talent

Liam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Andrew was announced as 3rd, and he and George sorta hugged. Did anyone else hear someone swear or something? I'm sure I could have heard the word "fucking" - but I don't think they were miked up, and I don't think Ant or Dec said it. So did I hear things or did anyone else hear it too?

Bah, I wanted Signature to win, purely for that fact that when he's dancing, the bigger guy looks like he's having the most fun a human can possibly have withour spontaneously combusting from sheer joy.

Nevermind, I'm sure they'll make some decent money of the tour and personal appearences.

Oh, and that belly dancer from the earlier rounds :wub:

George was definately near the bottom of my list of people I wanted to win. Kept off the bottom maybe by Nemisis, who can't even spell, let alone dance. ¬_¬

How NONE of Escala, Faryl or the dog made the top three I'll never know. Although my problem with opera singers remains even with the two on this show; you can never understand the words, because they always have to sing so high that only bats can hear.

Britain's got talent, but no taste, it seems.

Also, was I the only one who, when Simon said "you could represent us against anyone in the world" to Escala, was thinking of an epic Cello-off between Escala and Apocalyptica? :P

I too was thinking of that.

Bah, I wanted Signature to win, purely for that fact that when he's dancing, the bigger guy looks like he's having the most fun a human can possibly have withour spontaneously combusting from sheer joy.

Nevermind, I'm sure they'll make some decent money of the tour and personal appearences.

Oh, and that belly dancer from the earlier rounds :wub:

Yeah, same. He loves what he does, and their act is superb.

He took a gamble, and he picked a wish list. His own fault.

Yeah, I don't know the ins and outs over how they got to pick their song, but when Simon said it was a "poor choice of song," the guy replied with "Well that wasn't down to me, was it? It wasn't my choice."

I think on these shows, the contestants are given a list of about 50 songs they have the rights too and fit in with the themes. They say the one they want to do, but most times are told "Okay, you will sing X this week." I read that every week Leon wanted to bang out some Paolo Nutini on X-Factor but they refused to let him.

Meh if he wanted to be apart of a singing contest there's Pop Idol, the X Factor, Popstars solos? and countless other music shows, and if he really figured he was good theres always the idea of playing in small venues n' stuff. Now he's been on TV a few more spots would have him but he was hardly gonna set the world on fire. Plus he isn't really spectacular is he? I mean with the other singers they had the edge because they were young and had no right to be as talented as that, with him he's just a guy with a good voice.

Granted it's not too good for that Carlisle kid considering his voice will have broken by next year but hey that's life, if it happened before the Royal Variety show then he'd be in for a heckling, but the lass looks like she could turn out to be a decent talent if the right record company comes along.

Meh I've never understood the greatness of opera singers and 'voices of angels' it'd be more impressed if they wrote some stuff themselves rather than sing a song that's been sung by everyone under the sun, albiet with a slightly different tone but that's just my opinion.

Escala was good, prob not amazing but I'd happily get a CD if they put one out, a mix of classical and dance? perfect!

The only couple of finalists who I figured had no chance were the Cheeky Monkeys and that shite dance group. I mean come on, a bunch of annoying kids including one i'd happily kick in the face who are so OTT happy isn't going to get any votes, maybe from 80 year old loner women who wish they had grandkids but that won't win anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they both turned out to be hairdressers >_>

As for the dance thing, they say they don't have a massive studio n' shizzle, but how big an area do you really need to have a group of five doing syncronised dancing? something they'll be doing almost every week and still managed to cock up on the big night.

Now who am I missing out? oh the dog, that should maybe have been in the top 3 but it's not surprising that not many people know how much effort that would have took to do.

My favourite acts were George Sampson and Signature. I really wanted Signature to win, but I'm fine with George. His "Singing in the Rain" act was absolutely amazing.

My third and fourth would've been Kate and Gin taking third, and Andrew Johnston taking fourth.

It sounds as if Andrew Muir got completely screwed.

I never understood how Escala was supposed to be this breathtaking act. I would have voted "no" on the very first night. Maybe I don't understand the talent involved? I don't know.

The little lad out of the Cheeky Monkey's was immense :@

He was disgustingly happy for any human.

And Kate & Gin isn't exactly 'ground breaking talent', since isn't it like...an annual event at Crufts? Yeah, it's good but once you've seen the routine it's a bit blah. Atleast Signature, and maybe even George's dance routines are new and aren't already 'mainstream.'

I also found Escala to be quite boring. Take away the dance beat background, and they're just some average violin players. The dance beat makes them sound 'new' and better than they are, whilst other musical acts rely on...you know, them actually playing.

And they're not as hot as everyone fapping over them thinks they are. If you want hot: Sam from I'd Do Anything. She was my weekly Saturday night perv. Her and Gwion would have been lovely.

Not adding much that hasn't already been said, but even though I wanted to see Signature win, that Singing In The Rain routine was awesome.

I watched it at work, and Signature was 28/1, 6th favourite.....crazy.

And Reily, Escala were crap (ok, not crap, but seriously, its not that impressive or unique to do what they do), and that little girl was talented, but not everyone likes that kinda music, I'd guess.

Sampson and Signature should have been in the final 3.....and probably the little girl.