The Official Complaint Thread

Captain Eo

Whose bright idea was it to have that stupid "Fly under the bridges in a chopper" achievement include those two bridges in the southwest that have about 1.0000001x the size of a helicopter's room between the bottom of the bridge and the water? :angry: Every other bridge I did in one shot, those two took SIX. You had to fly as low as possible well ahead of time and tap A & X alternately to have any shot at all of getting under without smacking into the bridge or dipping into the water.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise you can actually dip into the water, right? >_>

I think as long as you're not too deep you should be okay, because I was halfway under for that really fucking small one.

In addition to the lack of good radio stations, I miss the "auto-tuning" feature...

Also, since when does a small thing like accidentally scraping a cop's car (due to the "improved" driving system) warrant enough cops that when I try to run around the cops without escaping (which I can't do, because the "capture" window seems to be ridiculously huge), I get shot down in a rain of bullets that could best be described as "warfare"?

Seriously. Do cops all have superpowers, and fly around the city looking for the slightest hint of crime? It seems 3 or 4 cops pop up out of nowhere the second you hit 2 stars (which you never intended to get).

I accidently tipped a cop car on its side and never got chased for it. But I was chased for repeatedly hitting my car with a baseball bat... twice.

Oh yeah, the tipping of a cop car incident was sort of not my fault, except for the fact I was speeding towards a junction when a cop car came out of nowhere and basically used the hood of my car as a ramp as it tipped over... I sped away from the scene asap and was scared of cops tracking me down for like 5 minutes.

These drivers in Liberty City need to go back to drivers ed. When you see a car running down a highway going 100 mph, DO NOT TURN INTO THE LANE THEY ARE DRIVING DOWN AND THEN KNOCK THEM OFF THE HIGHWAY!

:lol: That happened to me the other night causing me to fly from the car and smack into a billboard, fall and dangle on the light (that shines on the billboard) and finally fall the rest of the way to my death to the road below.

'Twas pretty fucking sweet.

I just hate the gigantic fucking number of chase missions.

I was just talking to the guys about this.

The worst thing isn't the amount of chase missions, it's the lack of variety or clear objective in them.

I fucking hated chasing a guy and trying to kill him just to find out I had to follow him through the whole fucking city til he reached a certain point.

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. CHASE THIS GUY AND KILL HIM!

Okay.. shooting at him.. shooting.. oh, come on. I just riddled his car with bullets, why isn't he dead? Because we have to wait until he reaches a certain point, gets out, and THEN I can kill him.

I guess considering since they don't really fight back (while attempting to get away on foot/in a vehicle) if you could kill them as quick as you could, people would complain about that too. I'm ok with the chase missions, I just check on the guide to see if I have to wait to shoot or if I can do that from the beginning.

Guest R.Moncrief

The Wanted Search Radar needs to be tweaked slightly for more realism. For instance, it shouldn't necessarily be a matter of escaping the search area. It should be a matter of just getting out of sight. Example - If a cop is tailing you, you drive into an alleyway and ditch the car. Cops follow in and there's no sign of you - just an empty vehicle with an open door. Your stars should start to flash that instant until they disappear completely.

To counter how easy this would make it to escape the cops, it could take a much longer time for the stars to stop flashing / disappear. Instead of five seconds, it could take a whole minute allowing the police to actually comb through the alleyway and really confirm if you're gone or not.

I mention this because of a television show I saw recently. This man attempted to rob a bank in Florida. The job didn't go too well and the cops were on his tail in an instant. He evaded the police by ditching his vehicle and diving into the swampy, gator-infested waters. The search field for this man was something like two square miles and the search lasted for approximately 24 hours but this man eluded capture by staying in the water, right under the cops' noses for an entire day until the search was called off.

Edited by R.Moncrief