Old Locations

Dingle

This might just be me, hopefully not but I haven't been on the game a lot outside of multiplayer, but there is very little I find that has been kept from GTA III. I've seen similar layouts for Portland and for Staunton Island because of the China Town overhead railway and for Staunton just the general layout and stuff reminds me of it, but are there any key places that have stayed?

I think I saw the apartment building where you meet up with Asuka, and I think I've recognized some of the apartment buildings in the first island (the ones in GTA III that were by your first safe house, where the train tracks went over the corner of the building). Not sure if the second island has that parking garage close to the bridge, as I haven't been driving much there yet. Haven't gotten to the third island, so I can't comment.

Guest R.Moncrief

The only similarity I noticed was the southern most bridge that goes from Algonquin and heads towards Broker. It's pretty much a straight-a-way going from west heading east on Algonquin. It reminded me of the straight-a-way on Staunton to Portland. Even then I think it's just a coincidence. I don't think any similarities between the two city layouts are intentional.

The other one that comes to mind (though I haven't played GTA III in ages) is the park in front of the TW@ internet cafe in the first island. Isn't that where you meet the dirty old cop (voiced by Robert Loggia) in GTA 3?

There's a mission where you have to deliver a truck to some guy's son at an old mansion. That old mansion has a bit a of a drive after you go through the entrance gate. I'm POSITIVE that old mansion was in GTA III, but... nice.