Blood Brothers [SPOILERS]

therockbox

I chose to kill Frankie and got the Undertaker mission where you go to his funeral but then get attacked by Albanians. Did anyone choose to kill Derrick, and if so what happens? Do you get the same mission or does it open other stuff up?

I actually saved right before that (well a few missions), so I'll go check it out right now actually as I've been curious too.

I assume it'll be similar with just it being Derrick's funeral. But I shall see.

[Edit:] Bah, wow, already answered... Shouldn't leave tabs open.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Just done this mission about a couple of hours ago. Like Summers I stood there for about a minute just looking through the scope, but in the end I killed Derrick. Although Francis was basically blackmailing you into doing his dirty work, he was having you kill a load of criminals that would have otherwise gotten away with it due to red tape and trouble gathering enough evidence. Sure, Francis was sneeky and Derrick was hoping to make a fresh start in life, but Francis is in a position to do a lot more good to Liberty City than Derrick was.

I do like the moral decisions you have to make in the game. For all the mindless killing that people are having you do, it's good to have emotional attachment to the characters you have to execute. Even if I do feel quite bad about having to kill one person over another.

I killed Francis, and other than the funeral mission you don't get any perks from Derrick. The story-telling is top-notch though. In-game days later in a completely unrelated matter I went to play darts with Packie and all of a sudden he tells me that it was Derrick who snitched on his old pals, the ones he asked you to kill! The bastard, I should have saved Francis :(

Guest R.Moncrief

I shot Derrick because I wanted to be able to call Francis and get rid of my wanted stars. Had I known there was a girlfriend in-game who could pretty much do the same thing, Francis would have been as good as dead. That's why now, in my second play through, Francis is going down.