The three games you're most looking forward to...

Simple really.

Mine are as follows:

1) Metal Gear Solid 4 (unsurprisingly as I'm such a fanboy)

2) Mirror's Edge

I'm probably *more* excited by Mirror's Edge just cos of it's style, it's look, it's concept. It's phenomenal so far and I can't wait until it's finally out. If anyone else is interested, check this: http://uk.gamespot.com/video/941950/6190434/videoplayerpop? (if the link works)

3) Beijing 2008

Loads of Olympics events and the chance to play online! Oh yes! Might just be myself and Dragsy interested though but still...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingdom Hearts on the PSP think it's called First Birth.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Final Fantasy XIII

Would have said Crisis Core but I've already completed it. :P

If Beijing is anything like the old Sydney 2000 game then I want that too.

Edited by ku3002ynnoJ

Fuck Sydney...it was all about the 1996 game.

Every big family event for about 5/6 years, we'd play; International Track & Field, the official 1996 Olympics game and then a 4-player (all on the same side) Pro Evo World Cup...I miss it. :( Fucking weightlifting...especially on the official game...the battles I've had...insane. Sweat pouring off me and everything...more difficult than actual fucking weightlifting. :shifty:

There was a short while after I got my X-Box we'd do "Fusion Frenzy" face offs, which was nearly as awesome, but just not the same. Now we're 'old' and are expected to mingle with adults...booo....or like we did on my aunties birthday, me and one of my cousins fucking off across the road to the pub for an hour or so.

I really need a next gen console...but at the same time, I honestly wonder how much it would get played. I touched my X-Box the other day, the game inside was "Forza Motorsport"...the last time a save had been loaded on it was late 2005...seriously. So that's like 2+ years since I last touched the fucking thing.

Kingdom Hearts on the PSP think it's called First Birth.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Final Fantasy XIII

Would have said Crisis Core but I've already completed it. :P

If Beijing is anything like the old Sydney 2000 game then I want that too.

Kingdom Hearts PSP one is called Birth By Sleep.

Anyways:

1) Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Really want two of them, can ignore Coded. Birth By Sleep seems like it will be fun and Square Enix are at E3 so hopefully some new trailers shall comes soon. I hope for WiFi play on the DS one, 358/2 Days (which is pronounced three-hundred and fifty eight over two days). 358/2 Days Birth By Sleep

2) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire Of The Rift

Tactics Advance was immense fun either in little blasts or for hours worth of play. Interesting story as well. I've sneaked a look at the new jobs and races and they seem good. Tactics A2

3) New Prince Of Persia

I know it was only recently announced, but I'm playing through the trilogy at the moment and remembering how much I truly love this game series. Trailer Site

The first two are a lot more immediate than the last one and I'm obviously looking forward to games like FFXIII and Tekken 6, but for now I'm focusing my attention on these games.

I'm most looking forward to Madden NFL 09 because I just love the series and the first video from the new one looks terrific. Metal Gear Solid 4 would be next if it was coming out on the 360, I dabbled in the first MGS games, loved Snake Eater but I'm not buying a PS3 just for the new one. So next on the list is probably the Bourne Conspiracy followed by TNA Impact whenever that's been delayed to now.

1) Fallout 3 - An open world RPG with a great setting and since I never played the other Fallouts, the chances of me being disappointed are small.

3) Resistance 2/GOW 2 - I couldn't choose between the two, so I chose both. I love the single player portions of these two shooters and the multiplayer is going to kick ass.

3) Prototype - A new sandbox game from the makers of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? Sign me up.

I don't know about the three games I'm looking forward to, but I do have two...

1) Resistance 2 - Number 1 was amazing, and the first PS3 game I had/completed, so I'll always remember that as being great. Can't wait for the follow-up.

2) Fifa 09 - Fifa 08 was ALMOST a perfect football game. If they can sort out some niggly stuff like there actually being changes in the weather, then it'll be the best football game ever.

I'm not that impressed with many games coming out this year... Nothing really seems all that interesting beyond the typical.

But next up on the docket is Metal Gear Solid 4. Which hopefully should fullfil expectations.

With LittleBigPlanet to follow whenever it may actually be released. Which I expect many great things to come from.

I have some interest in the portable Kingdom Hearts games (if only for the series) but not too fussed.

Nothing strikes me as really "I need to have" outside of MGS 4 and LittleBigPlanet. So those two I suppose.

Mirror's Edge looks cool, but no one has been able to do jumping right in a FPS and this game looks to be nothing but jumping, so it could get ugly. Anyway, onto my list:

1. Ghostbusters

I've been stoked for this one ever since that early footage leaked last year and I can't believe it's actually getting made.

2. Alan Wake

Just seems like such a badass idea for a game. Hopefully it doesn't go all lame and Indigo Prophecy-esque once the storyline unravels, but I'm really excited for the potential here.

3. Fable 2

I never really got to play Fable 1, so I'm excited to see if this one could live up to the hype.

Mirror's Edge looks cool, but no one has been able to do jumping right in a FPS and this game looks to be nothing but jumping, so it could get ugly. Anyway, onto my list:

1. Ghostbusters

I've been stoked for this one ever since that early footage leaked last year and I can't believe it's actually getting made.

2. Alan Wake

Just seems like such a badass idea for a game. Hopefully it doesn't go all lame and Indigo Prophecy-esque once the storyline unravels, but I'm really excited for the potential here.

3. Fable 2

I never really got to play Fable 1, so I'm excited to see if this one could live up to the hype.

It's like we're the same person. :wub: Except, I'd replace Ghostbusters with Metal Gear 4.

I'm not too well up on what's coming out beyond the normal sports franchises, so I'll settle for:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV

Yeah, I know it's out, but I'm not buuying it until I've handed in my last assignment, thus I'm still looking forward to it.

2. TNA IMPACT

Fire Pro rules, but I'm eager as hell to see if this'll prove to be a potential contender for best 'mainstream' wrestling game, and I wanna play as Joe, Shelley, Homicide and Tomko. And Christian, Angle and Booker. And Eric Young, to whom I'm fairly indifferent.

3. The inevitable Mass Effect 2.

Because Mass Effect >.

In case you haven't guessed, I REALLY have no clue what's coming out. There's probably some Marvel game in development somewhere I'll want.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

3) Beijing 2008

Loads of Olympics events and the chance to play online! Oh yes! Might just be myself and Dragsy interested though but still...

:D

For me, I'd say the Bourne game, assuming the forthcoming demo is good, Mirror's Edge for the same reasons as everyone else and Ghostbusters. I really need to watch the second film.

Oh, and Rock Band, because I have been waiting like 6-8 months to play Welcome home on the fucking drums, and not even a 240% price hike is going to stop me (actually, it would, but staff discount and saved up Christmas money counteracts it).

0. Get a job to get a PS3.

1. GTA 4 - yeah, I know it's out now, but I've let to play the game, let alone have the game.

2. Metal Gear Solid 4 - MGS series just produce the best, most movie like storylines of the games out there IMO. It's true that I'm not overly fond of MGS3 due to the time period, jungle and the stop-start nature with the camo (the different camos are a great idea though, just annoying the run, pause, select, ok, hide, run onto a different patch of land, pause etc.), but MGS2 is the shit.

3. TNA iMPACT! - Looks good and will be a change to play as some different people in a different style at least if it turns out pants, which to be honest doesn't look like it will fail spectaculry. (just like my spelling of that last word :shifty: )