Songs You Like that don't fit your 'Reputation'

DMN in the House

Everything, actually. I'm seen as as the "punk rock skater kind of white boy" (exact words) or so I was told by a black girl that heard me listening to a Papoose freestyle. I'm supposed to like rock, I like EVERYTHING.

But, "See You Again" is up there, just like DMN. Oh, and Britney Spears' cover of "I Love Rock & Roll".

Edited by Gene Kiniski

I listen to about 75% metal and when I say metal, I mean just about everything in the genre not "power" (save for Dragonforce and a few others) or "glam", but I love 80's new wave. That's mostly because it's what I grew up with. Something about cheesy synths and androgyny makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. In fact, it reinforced a belief in me that "keyboards makes everything better".

An infomercial came on for a 2-set of 90's techno CDs (on Telemundo, no less), mostly the kind sung by females such as ATC and Alice Deejay. I wanted it.

t.A.T.u. is awesome but I haven't listened to them in a while as I just have their first CD. I was shocked to find that they have a "Best of" out and was very close to buying it. Also, I'm really digging Justin Timberlake now but he's about the only thing on mainstream radio that I'd actually listen to.

Probably I'm more the opposite, in so much as I don't actually like a lot of music and that which I do is usually loved. I can tolerate lots of music but I'd never download let alone buy any of it. Whereas I don't really look like someone who would be that fussy about music and as a gay I should love pop shit by female singers.

Having said that as well as enjoying the Mag Fields and indie/depressing singer-songwriter type stuff that people who know me know I like, I'm also a fan of some rock: YYY's, Tapes 'n Tapes, Neutral Milk Hotel, White Stripes etc. I also listen to hip-hop.

Edited by QuomQuat