That new Britney Spears song is...Brilliant?

Guest Angry Baboon

• Admin

I heard "Toxic" today and it's by far the most original pop song I've ever heard in the last 4 years. By far my favorite song of this year, actually.

Since I doubt Britney composed the music herself, does anyone know who did?

Also, her voice has got MUCH better.

Go Britney.

I believe the song was written by Cathy Dennis, of early 90's pop fame.

I believe the song was written by Cathy Dennis, of early 90's pop fame.

Correct. Dennis also wrote Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" or whatever it was called.

It's Britney's most popular song to date it seems (at least, her most popular in recent years), and it's a good song. Very catchy. I think the video helped out as well though, because on regular CD it took me a while to appreciate. But now that I do, it rocks.

As for Everytime, it's a nice song (it's also the first song she ACTUALLY wrote - yes, she actually wrote the music to it. Amazing, no?), but it took me a while to get into that one as well. I think so far, the only Britney song I can't get into is Me Against The Music. It was much better without that fucking hoebag Madonna/Esther in it.

So anyway, to round off this random weird stuff, this album has kicked her career onto a new level. Buy it. NOW!!!

[/britneyspearsfanboylove]

Squancho, you must live in a cave. I rarely listen to radio or watch TV but I've heard the song like a hundred times in the car and on TV. It's played all the fucking time. >_<

And while it may be the best BS song to date, she still sucks more cock than George Michael.