The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Benji

I'm actually more excited about this than most other films coming out this summer (the exceptions being Dark Knight and Iron Man). I've been a huge fan of the Mummy series, and I've always felt they could have been a new Indiana Jones. Frasier is immensely charismatic in the role, Hannah is fine as comic relief, and Weisz was great as the doe eyed love interest. Disappointed to see her go, but I'm sure Bello will bring something entirely different to the table.

There's already talk of a fourth as well, which would be good. It's a pity they've chained themselves to the 'Mummy' concept, as I'd love to see Connell battle other kinds of supernatural bad guys.

I don't think they really did until this film, the previous films were with The Mummy title because they had Imhotep (sp?), they should've just gone with "Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" and just advertised it heavilly as a Mummy sequel, but now I'd say they have chained themselves down a bit much.

I love Maria Bello, so her replacing Weisz is fine. The trailer looks nice, too, but there's something about Rob Cohen action movies that immediately turns me off...maybe it's the fact that his track record is pretty shit so far (xXx, Stealth, and the first Fast and the Furious are to his name) but I'm expecting a mediocre action flick, which kind of makes sense because I felt that way about Mummy Returns.

I still just don't buy Frasier being that dude's father. Also, I think it's really hard to replace a character for a third movie. I think they probably should have just left the Eve character out entirely, maybe even say she was killed in between the time of the two movies.

Looks okay to me but I probably will only see it if I'm bored on a weekend and there's nothing else to see.