If I bought one PS3 game tomorrow....

Liam

Army of Two is supposed to be a good game. It's a co-op game but if you don't have a second person to play with you can just have an AI partner. I really want to try the game, because it seems interesting and I don't have nearly enough co-op multiplayer games.

Uncharted is a good game. Not very long, but the story and graphics are great. Cover system is just like GTA.

And if you like football games, buy Fifa 08, especially if you're going to be online. It's only £25 in Asda now, which is a great price for it. And you'll automatically download the updated squads as well, so it's not as if it'll be out-dated or anything.

Also, I didn't know you had a PS3. Are you online, if so, PM me your PSN name. We'll play some GTA together.

Uncharted is a good game. Not very long, but the story and graphics are great. Cover system is just like GTA.

And if you like football games, buy Fifa 08, especially if you're going to be online. It's only £25 in Asda now, which is a great price for it. And you'll automatically download the updated squads as well, so it's not as if it'll be out-dated or anything.

Also, I didn't know you had a PS3. Are you online, if so, PM me your PSN name. We'll play some GTA together.

I'm not online yet, as I don't have the right lead to connect my modem to my PS3. Does it cost to go online? If so, how much?

Will get it sorted out soon, for definite.

What sort of games do you like Liam?

RPG's, but there are fuck all out there for it. Otherwise, I don't mind. The problem I think stems a little from me having COD 4, GTA IV and a Tom Clancy game, which all revolve around shooting, so I'm lacking a little variety. I'm gonna get Madden 09, so no point in getting 08, but there also seems a lack of good sports games.

Costs nothing to go online if the PS3 ethernet cable will fit in the back of your modem, and work. Mine did fit, but didn't work.

So really, it cost me £30 to get online, because I bought a Buffalo Airstation router from Play.com. Has worked pretty much perfectly up to now for me.

Costs nothing to go online if the PS3 ethernet cable will fit in the back of your modem, and work. Mine did fit, but didn't work.

So really, it cost me £30 to get online, because I bought a Buffalo Airstation router from Play.com. Has worked pretty much perfectly up to now for me.

Wait, PS3 ethernet cable? Did it come with an ethernet cable that I didn't know about? >_> I'm using an extra ethernet cable I had lying around and it works fine.

Wait, PS3 ethernet cable? Did it come with an ethernet cable that I didn't know about? >_> I'm using an extra ethernet cable I had lying around and it works fine.

Thats just what I was thinking.

Well, I only say "PS3 ethernet cable" because it's the one that came with it when I bought it. I've got the 60GB version, btw. For some reason, the ethernet light wasn't coming on my modem when I put that lead in. When I put the normal blue ethernet cable I normally use back in, it worked fine. Trouble was, that blue cable wouldn't fit in the back of my PS3, which meant I had to either go to the trouble of getting Virgin to change my modem...probably at a price, knowing them, or just click a few times at Play.com and have a router delivered.

Uncharted was the one PS3 game I bought upon getting the system. I'd agree with Badder's recommendation on that front.

But then of course, there's only 22 days until MGS4... :pervert:

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

Fair enough, I suppose. I guess I could get that for the PS3 rather than the 360...for absolutely no reason other than to keep it from being lonely. :shifty:

Edited by Gul Stokeriño

If RPGs are your thing, you should definitely get Oblivion. Assuming you don't already have it for another console.

Yeah, my girlfriend got me that for my Birthday. Twas the only one really on there, but its a pretty sweet one to have.