Whoever works in a video game store

Mattman

£137 as long as you've got all the cables, the remote and nunchuk and possibly Wii Sports (may get a bit knocked off if you've not got it).

You don't need a box. A lot are returned boxed, but we get tons in carrier bags and stuff.

And yeah, I work at Gamestation. Not the same one as Hammy.

A big slap across the face from PkmnTrainerJ?

Why would I do that? *stabs Benji for being a Sony fan*

... since when am I a fan of any company in particular?

I just look for any excuses to cause you pain.

A big slap across the face from PkmnTrainerJ?

Why would I do that? *stabs Benji for being a Sony fan*

... since when am I a fan of any company in particular?

Since the tattoo <_<

£137 as long as you've got all the cables, the remote and nunchuk and possibly Wii Sports (may get a bit knocked off if you've not got it).

You don't need a box. A lot are returned boxed, but we get tons in carrier bags and stuff.

And yeah, I work at Gamestation. Not the same one as Hammy.

Thanks. I'm considering swapping for a 360 since there aren't many Wii games I like and Mass Effect looks awesome.

EDIT: The bundles in Game and Gamestation aren't that good (online at least) How much for selling? Play.com and Amazon do the best bundles.

Edited by Mattman

I'd assume it's the same as it is in most shops for alcohol etc. You can be employed from 16, but will need a person over 18 to approve any sales of 18 games (or alcohol/fags in my case).

Another question Dragsy...from what age do video game shops hire? I've heard 16 to 18 (because I wouldn't be allowed to sell 18 games?) Any answer is helpful.

I'm not sure on the reasoning, but I know Gamestation doesn't hire folk under 18. Which is perplexing when trying to explain the fact that other staff were massivley surprised to find out I wasn't 16 when I bought GTA. I know I look young, but I'm 22!

I know that, but I used to work at Asda, and it's a right pain in the arse when some new kid on the Music and Video counter has to hold up the queue while he waits for some over 18 year old to show up and watch him scan a copy of an 18 rated product, all because the person supervising him is on a break. I imaine it's just easier to hire over 18 year olds and not have to worry about a kid who's on his own feeling pressured by the queue of people and just scanning something through the one time it's a trading standards bloke doing the buying.

There are other reasons as well, insurance for example. Companies/owners can decide to only take on over-18s and possibly pay smaller insurance premiums. I'm not sure whether that would outweigh differences in minimum wage levels, but there are more things to take into account than ease of selling rated games.

Generally, like TheArsenal says, smaller shops that sell age-restricted products won't hire under-18's, simply because they can't leave them alone, and thus need two people to do what is sometimes a one-person job.

Games stores generally require two people on the tills at all times for security purposes, so will generally hire a few under-18's, and supermarkets have an allocation of hours for supervisor staff, so there's no problem there. But a corner shop, for example, will generally only hire over 18's because at off-peak hours they're only likely to need one person at the tills.