2008/2009 NBA Thread v2.0

jrtdot

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible defense on that last play by the Magic. They just lost the series there. I hope Howard clotheslines Ron Jeremy after the series is over.

Way too early to call anything. I think both series are going seven games. Incredible playoffs! I jumped off the couch at that last shot from LeBron.

That was amazing, shades of when I was ten years old and Jordan hit the shot over Ehlo. THAT is the iconic moment Lebron needed to become "it." The only other moment I saw that matched that was Paxson's three over PHX. Then I vomited because I had some kind of vomit disease. GO 93 BULLS!

Horrible defense on that last play by the Magic. They just lost the series there. I hope Howard clotheslines Ron Jeremy after the series is over.

What play were you watching? They had LeBron trapped and he got into a small enough lane where despite not entirely facing the basket he had just enough time to get the ball out in the right direction. It's not like they could have put five guys on him.

Yeah but there is something to be said about the fact that he shouldn't even have gotten a chance if they had played it correctly but Van Gundy did admit he played it wrong. If you're the Magic, there's no way you let LeBron get the ball in his hands. But yeah, definitely, the defense on him was good, it was just a better offensive play than a defensive one.

I avoided the magic/cavs score all day yesterday expecting it to be shown on Setanta the evening after like it was the other day but it wasn't. I hate the lack of coverage over here. I hope we get better next season.

Looks like they're showing a game on Tuesday night at 1am on five. Which will that be?

edit: Figured it's game 4 of the Eastern finals. Might have to get up to watch that.

Stole another one. Lakers should NOT have won that game, as badly as they played.

I would agree with you, but Denver gave the Lakers enough chances to win.

Gutted for 'Melo though. LeBron hits The Shot, and Melo becomes The Goat.

Yeah but there is something to be said about the fact that he shouldn't even have gotten a chance if they had played it correctly but Van Gundy did admit he played it wrong. If you're the Magic, there's no way you let LeBron get the ball in his hands. But yeah, definitely, the defense on him was good, it was just a better offensive play than a defensive one.

Agreed. Though I see it more as Van Gundy taking the heat so Orlando's morale won't take such a hit. Pretty much everyone knew LeBron was gonna be the go-to guy for that play. Turkoglu nearly cut him off, but he wasn't fast enough.

Edited by maninblack

Stole another one. Lakers should NOT have won that game, as badly as they played.

This series really should be 3-0 Denver. Game 1 they couldn't make their foul shots early, Game 3 they couldn't sink easy buckets that could have given them a 15-point cushion early. It's like neither team wants to make the Finals.

I'm not so sure the defense was so bad on the last play of the CLE-ORL game. They wanted to push LeBron away from the basket and make him turn around to make the shot. He just happened to hit the perfect shot.

Look at how LA played the inbounds plays where Ariza made steals in Games 1 & 3 and look at how Orlando gave LeBron an open look and tell me what was different about the defensive sets. Even if LeBron MISSES the shot, Orlando still played horrible inbounds defense.