The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you look like staying up... which is a shame because I want to play you again :shifty: Although to be fair, somehow, it looks as though we're in contention for the playoffs - damn the league must suck this year if we've caught them up given how far back we were with our stop and go form.

Yeah, would be good to play you again, I miss not being able to beat you <_< Although I can't say I'm not enjoying the clubs total failure to walk the division.

And Paulo Sousa seems to be doing alright at QPR, they're challenging for the play-offs and finally getting some stability in the dugout.

Basically, the 15 point penalties have come so far for exiting administration without entering into a CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement). Most of the teams seem to have a hard time managing it though, I don't know why, I'm not too sure on the specifics of it all.

Basically, the 15 point penalties have come so far for exiting administration without entering into a CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement). Most of the teams seem to have a hard time managing it though, I don't know why, I'm not too sure on the specifics of it all.

All clubs will now not be able to agree to it. The Inland Revenue used to be entitled to 100% of their money (as creditors) before anyone else got any money by law, the government changed this law so they now just recieve the same as anyone else. However, the FL rulebooks state that football creditors (clubs, agents, players, etc:) must [also] recieve 100% of their money before anyone else (which is borderline illegal anyway, apparently, but that's not relevant).

The Inland Revenue have their knickers in a twist over this (and rightly so to some extent) because they were stopped from being guaranteed 100%, so why should football creditors get it? As such, the inland revenue won't accept any CVAs unless all creditors are paid 100% - which will almost never happen because if it did, the buyers might as well have bought the club before they went into administration. This means a club can't recieve their "golden share" [place in the league, basically] and therefore have to apply for the "exceptional circumstances" clause.

The FL have agreed (in the case of Leeds, and thus all subsequent cases) that exceptional circumstances do apply, but then they pulled a bullshit random points deduction from nowhere (it's not legislated whatsoever) and applied it as a punishment for "breaking" "rules" that they had no choice to because of their own rules on creditors.

The reason the IR didn't refuse any CVA's prior to Leeds is simply that they were waiting for a big club to go in to administration so the football league would be desparate to save them... They should've really waited for a more favourable side than "dirty" Leeds, though. :shifty:

Anyway, yeah a minimum of 15 point penalty will apply to all cases for the forseeable future because if it wasn't, you can guarantee Bates will have the FL in court in the blink of an eye.

Edit: The 15 point penalty won't apply until the summer, though, because you only need your golden share to start the season.

Edited by Footjob Fever

I am so glad that when we (Leicester) went into administration we weren't docked anything as that rule didnt exist then, it allowed us to get promoted to the Premier League. Oh well we got our just desserts >_> I hope Darlington will get it together - I don't know much about how the club's finances got so bad but would I be far off by suggesting its partly due to the new stadium? That seems to get every club nowadays.

I am so glad that when we (Leicester) went into administration we weren't docked anything as that rule didnt exist then, it allowed us to get promoted to the Premier League. Oh well we got our just desserts >_> I hope Darlington will get it together - I don't know much about how the club's finances got so bad but would I be far off by suggesting its partly due to the new stadium? That seems to get every club nowadays.

You've pretty much got it in one. Massive stadium's running costs + shite attendances = running at a loss for god knows how long. We all knew the club had been losing money since like, forever, but administration was still a shock just because of the suddenness of it all. Usually with clubs going into admin you hear noises about stuff like people not getting paid and stuff for a few months beforehand, or at least some indication that it might happen, whereas ours happened literally overnight.