The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

OK, due to the downtime we've lost the CC Leagues thread! I'll re-do my predictions again when its nearer the season for a more informed view, and Ill have to add the names again to our fans list.

I suppose I might as well start off (again) by asking what people think of Luton's further deduction? Seems harsh to start on -30, any hope of survival now? It'll take at the very least ten games to reach 0 points, it isn't looking good.

THE FAN'S LIST

Championship

Hugobomb (Birmingham City)

1PWCorino (Doncaster Rovers)

League One

The General (Carlisle United)

Dan (Hartlepool United)

stevev10 (Hartlepool United)

TAFKA Castroneves (Leicester City)

League Two

Hugobomb (Barnet)

Spee (Bury)

Darloboy (Darlington)

Edited by 1PWCorino

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darlington fan here.

Luton's punishment is pretty brutal, I hope they manage to stay up though. Still, at least they won't be taking up one of the promotion places which means we have a better chance :P I think we'll finish at least in the play offs again, we would have gone up automatically last season if we hadn't had practically our whole first team wiped out by injury at the back end of the season. We did well to hold Rochdale to a penalty shootout in the play offs considering we had 12 players out and they were at full strength, so as long as we don't get hit by the plague again I think we're good enough to go up.

Birmingham and Barnet again. Luton are fucked, and Bournmouth don't seem much better with a 15 point deduction on the cards, have two sides suffered successive relegation before at the same time? (even if this would be Luton's third drop in a row)

Ipswich fan.

Ipswich beat Brentford 2-0 in the first pre-season game tonight. Pim Balkestein and Danny Haynes on target. A very young team, but got the job done, apparently Balkestein was man of the match, a threat from set pieces all the time coming up from the back.

Richard Wright and Rudi Skacel will be Ipswich players within a week and Angelos Charisteas is in talks with Ipswich! 2.7 million, you better believe it!

Richard Wright and Rudi Skacel will be Ipswich players within a week and Angelos Charisteas is in talks with Ipswich! 2.7 million, you better believe it!

Do I have to?

Next you'll be telling me Blackburn are after Robbie Fowler...wait.

Rovers won their first pre-season game of the season 9-1 away, so I'm brimming with anticipation and confidence after that.

Plus, Rossington Main are formidable opponents. Bring on the Derby.

Derby fans will be delighted with their first pre-season friendly. Playing a pretty strong team they went out and lost 2-0 to Dutch second division side Top Oss. Albrechtsen, Davies, Stewart, Ellington, Carroll, Villa, Mears, Leacock, Teale all played from the start, too.

Our next friendly is at home to Scunthorpe next Saturday, I'm in two minds whether to go or not. I wanted to go and see them play Newcastle but I go on holiday on that day, and come back the day of the Bolton game, so it's Scunny or nothing unfortunately.

Got my ticket for Derby-Donny on the opening day on Thursday, anyone else got their first tickets for the season (barring ST holders)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, wow I haven't been around for a while. Good to see the Football League supporters are still here though. Put me down for my beloved Foxes now down in League 1. Funnily enough this is the most excited I have been at the start of a football season since we last were promoted to the Premier League. Strange huh? Anyhow, bearing in mind it kicks off this Saturday i'm gonna throw some predictions in for the season.

Championship

1. Birmingham City

2. Crystal Palace

3. Derby County

4. Swansea City

5. Reading

6. Sheffield United

7. Queens Park Rangers

8. Ipswich Town

9. Nottingham Forest

10. Norwich City

11. Wolverhampton Wanderers

12. Charlton Athletic

13. Cardiff City

14. Watford

15. Coventry City

16. Preston North End

17. Burnley

18. Plymouth Argyle

19. Bristol City

20. Sheffield Wednesday

21. Doncaster Rovers

22. Barnsley

23. Southampton

24. Blackpool

Some bold predictions, Southampton are going to struggle this year beyond belief. The cash is pretty much non-existant and they have a very small squad to play with in a league now that is much more competetive than the year before. Bristol City also I feel will have "second-season" syndrome and find this year much more tricky, although they will survive. Watford I feel will continue their slippery slope alongside Charlton, although they will have a stable mid-table season. I truly expect Nottingham Forest and Swansea to flourish this year, both sides have made inspired signings. Swansea making the playoffs is rather bold - yes but they have got goals in the bag.

League One

1. Leeds United

2. Scunthorpe United

3. Leicester City

4. Peterborough United

5. Carlisle United

6. Milton Keynes Dons

7. Southend United

8. Colchester United

9. Brighton and Hove Albion

10. Oldham Athletic

11. Millwall

12. Huddersfield Town

13. Tranmere Rovers

14. Bristol Rovers

15. Northampton Town

16. Crewe Alexandra

17. Walsall

18. Leyton Orient

19. Swindon Town

20. Hartlepool United

21. Yeovil Town

22. Stockport County

23. Hereford United

24. Cheltenham Town

I really fancy Peterborough and MK Dons to cause a stir this year in League 1, that's why I was so gutted we've gotta play the later on the opening day of the season at home.

Meh, tired, i'll do League Two later. :P