The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"1514: Remarkable story coming in from Burnley... the game against Ipswich has been delayed after a parachutist got stuck on the roof. The unfortunate fella was one of seven scheduled to land inside the ground but he misjudged his landing."

lol @ Burnley for the second week in a row.

An hour in and Carlisle have 3 goals. That's 6 goals in 2 games so far, unfortunately they've conceded a goal today to go with the 2 last week. It's not the greatest tactic, to outscore the opponents, but if they can keep the strikers going and tweak the defence so they don't concede too many in future weeks then Carlisle may look pretty good.

I still think League One is playing for one automatic place, I think Leeds are going to win the league (despite being one down to Oldham at home at the minute) - so it's important Carlisle do well early on if they are to go up this year. Still, it's been a good start. Can't really complain too much with them right now.

EDIT: Make that 2-0 to Oldham. Hmmm.

Edited by IAceI

Eh. 1-1 to Brighton is a tad dodgy, even away. Especially with the goal coming from a penalty (although he should've had two others).

20th looks terrible, but the league tables are never a fair representation until you get 8-10 games in. I mean, look at the Premiership. Bolton champions and Hull in the CL, anyone?

8-10? I dont personally take the entire table seriously until about christmas. Rovers were dreadful until December last year, and we ended up getting promoted. We didn't crack the top 6 until around New Years, so yeah.

Awful mistake by our defence yesterday, definitely two points lost rather than one gained. At least we haven't lost yet!

Fucking yes!

Six fucking one. I'll take that. Even if it was Hereford at home. That's like, half as many goals as we scored in the whole of last season, in the first few games. :P

Now we just need a catchy nickname for Lambert and Duffy...

Edited by Farmer Reil

Furious manager Paul Jewell insists Tyrone Mears is finished at Derby after the defender absconded for an unauthorised trial with Marseille.

The 25-year-old flew to France on Thursday after Jewell had refused to sanction a loan deal between the clubs.

And Jewell insisted: "To me, he's just insulted the whole football club - the players, the staff, chairman, but more importantly the supporters.

"I'll tell you now, he'll never play for Derby again while I'm manager."

Rams chairman of football Adam Pearson confirmed to BBC Radio Derby that Mears would be severely punished, but Jewell went further, insisting: "Who does he think he is? It's an absolute affront to Derby County. I am absolutely raging.

"I don't want him here. I don't want him here at the football club anymore, that's for sure. If he wants a move, he can go

"When I found out what had happened I phoned him on his mobile and surprise, surprise he didn't answer.

"I left a message and told him he's made the biggest mistake of his life and to get himself back here as quick as possible.

"Tyrone Mears has no future at Derby. This is a brilliant place to work and he's just signed his death warrant."

Pearson added: "To take off without being given permission and go on trial beggars belief.

"There is little doubt he will be disciplined in the most severe way possible.

"We are prepared to sell him but the price will have to be right. He is a proven player with a transfer value."

Mears joined Derby for £1m in 2007 from West Ham after an initial loan spell.

From BBC Football.

So Mears is "finished" with Derby. He must be gutted :lol:

Edited by RingysScottishNegro