The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

We've turned down a £2 million bid from Nottingham Forest for Matt Mils today. Good, he's far too good to play for them. I'm hoping if he leaves at all, it's to Birmingham.

EDIT: Who do you support again Dan?

Edited by AdamDRFC

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won our Away Player of the Year award I think, had a great season and will be a great signing for you, along with Liam Hatch who I see you've got on loan. White's banned for the first 3 games of next season after getting sent off after two minutes of our last home game. He's a great defender but he's hotheaded and easily wound up, expect to see him sent off 2 or 3 times over the course of the season.

Seeing as we're talking about every frigger signing our players, we've signed Jeff Smith and Chris Lumsdon from Carlisle. I was wondering if IAceI (you follow Carlisle a bit, right?) knows whether they're any good?

Lumsdon is alright IIRC, not sure about Smith.

Continuing our theme of being linked with everyone, we've been linked with Chris Taylor from Oldham, if that happens, I'll be happy.

Oh and we're loaning out our pitch to a Twenty20 charity game... just what the pitch needs before the new season, some fuckers playing cricket on it.

So, I think my season ticket is going to cost £494 next season. Possibly even less, if this:

"The Club has also made a commitment to its young supporters with the Junior price concession age raised from 16 to 18."

means that I, being 18, qualify for a concession priced ticket. At first I thought I did, but I'm thinking they may say I have to pay full price since I'm 18. Not sure how they'll do it.

It's usually under 18 at the time of purchasing, I know I'd have had to pay full price (well, I could've got student, but still not junior) last year had I renewed and I was 16 (with Leeds' junior limit bieng 16) at the time.

Well, you don't know that you'll be back next year, the Conference is a tough league to get out of, trust me, I know :P

But I don't see why you should stop discussing the teams fortunes in here, it's not like we have a BSP thread and if we did you'd be the only one in it :P

So I guess we could have Luton as the 'honorary EWB member of the football league' or something :lol::P

Lumsdon's a ginger pan face.

He's alright, I'm not sure why they got rid of him because I thought he'd still do an alright job for Carlisle next year. I don't know what he's like playing-wise though, I don't go to the matches but my friends quite liked him a while ago. I've noticed a lot of Carlisle players come in and do a good job but then decline. Regardless I'd probably say Lumsdon is an okay League 1/good League 2 player?

He knows how to play, I don't think he makes loads of mistakes but I don't think he does anything spectacular. Solid? Perfectly acceptable? Somewhere along those lines, I figure some League 1 teams wouldn't mind him even as a covering player. So yeah, apparently he was distraught Carlisle let him go - kinda surprised me to be honest, but he'll be okay.

Am I going to have to find a new place to talk about Luton? Or can I stay here because we'll be back next year?

If you start a non-league thread, I'll start taking a greater interest in Farsley Celtic just so you have someone to talk to. Besides, what with all the Newcastle fans posting in here next year I'll need another football thread where I make 50% of the posts <_<

I don't think so, no. That was only bandied about when they got into the Conference and thought 'hang on, we're nearly in the league now and Farsley is a poor name!'

They then proceeded to get relegated from the Conference at the first attempt and then they nearly went down AGAIN this season.

So, it seems that at the League's AGM they've voted that all clubs will have a transfer embargo put on them if they owe any money (or a certain amount, I'm not entirely sure) to the tax man. This should stop the CVA bollocks (which leads to the -15, -17 and -20 deductions) since it'll make it likely that HMRC will never be owed a significant percentage of the debts for it to block the CVA...

Of course, the easier, fairer thing to do would be to take away the stupid football creditors rule, but it doesn't surprise me whatsoever that the FL have decided to not admit they're wrong.

And there will also be 7 substitutes rather than 5 now, presumably in the League Cup and JPT too, I assume that starts this season, but it might be next.