The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

No way will you get Cox or Lambert, they're destined to play in one of the top two divisions next season, they won't wanna leave for another League 1 club and Swindon & Bristol Rovers definitely won't want to sell them to another League 1 club.

Don't be too sure of that. If you give us the right offer, we'll let you talk without question.

To be honest though, while I am a fan of Lambert and his goals, you wouldn't want him at Leeds. He has absolutely no pace and he is only good when he puts the effort in. If he's just not feeling it and feels lackadaisical, then he's no better than anyone else we've got. Honestly, for the money we'd ask for him, get someone younger and quicker.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the last time Robinson put in a good shift, and his passing the other night in particular was abysmal. He offers no cover for Parker either. Admittedly I don't see us every week, but I don't think I've seen him play well for some time.

Johnson is capable but that loan spell at Brighton hasn't helped him, he's been poor since coming back. I'd consider loaning him out though as he is quite young still

Any idea if Alan Martin is any good? I've heard positive things about him but there's a difference between playing well for Leeds and playing well for Barrow

I can't remember the last time Robinson put in a good shift, and his passing the other night in particular was abysmal. He offers no cover for Parker either. Admittedly I don't see us every week, but I don't think I've seen him play well for some time.

Johnson is capable but that loan spell at Brighton hasn't helped him, he's been poor since coming back. I'd consider loaning him out though as he is quite young still

Any idea if Alan Martin is any good? I've heard positive things about him but there's a difference between playing well for Leeds and playing well for Barrow

Robinson always puts a good shift in when he comes on in the second half and I wouldn't say he's poor when he starts either, he's not as good but he's not poor. He doesn't offer cover for Parker though, you're right, that's his major downside and given that Parker likes to get forward that's not the greatest thing in the world. I think if Robinson had more confidence in front of goal (as he did last season for Swansea and in the early part of this season) then there'd be less people on his back, it's almost as if someone told him to stop shooting from distance around October time (and if you remember, prior to that he scored a fair few and set up shit loads from Beckford/Becchio rebounding his saved efforts). I hope he improves his stamina over the summer and learns to track back a bit more because if he did, he'd be a Championship player, nevermind a League One player.

I think he's been pretty good since coming back, Johnson that is, always looks dangerous, I'd like to see him play central though, it's his natural position, beign shoved on the wing or at left back isn't much use to us.

Alan Martin is better than Lucas, not as good as Casper (yet), his shot stopping requires some improvement but from the little I've seen of him he's got more command of his area than Ankergren, he's still a little green but I wouldn't want to get rid of him, send him to League 2 next year and let him improve a bit more before we stick him in the team.

Have season ticket prices been put up for next season? If they offer new student tickets (which they didn't last year, only renewals for some reason) for around 250 (doubtful) I may have to get an ST again, I hated not going to every game this year but at the time I couldn't afford £330 or whatever it was for a student renewal.

I'm an AFC Bournemouth fan and I am delighted at what we did, I am sure most English footie fans are aware of what we have been through, so to still be in the league is remarkable. In fact, the fact we are still alive as a club is something.

Roll on 2009/2010.

I'm an AFC Bournemouth fan and I am delighted at what we did, I am sure most English footie fans are aware of what we have been through, so to still be in the league is remarkable. In fact, the fact we are still alive as a club is something.

Roll on 2009/2010.

Yes, a terrific achievement-I was gutted for you last season as ou nearly did enough despite the deduction.

I've always liked Bournemouth, but since we took your manager, assistant, and top goalscorer from you, among several others, I feel I owe it to you to support you forever :P

I want Millwall to go up because I'm fucking sick and tired of watching them play crap football at the Memorial Stadium. We're getting Southampton and Norwich, so why add Millwall to the list of shit matches? :shifty:

So apparently our chairman who put us into admin is buying back the club. Not sure how he's getting around the legality of it all, possibly as part of a consortium or something one would assume. Anywho, Colin Todd is expected to be our new manager. Just a shame this couldn't happen earlier so we could hold onto some of our players.

At least you will still have a club mate, and it'll still be in the football league as well! The same thing happened to us, only we had just gone down into the Conference and we certainly didn't have a big new stadium! I'm happy to hear it though, I've always liked Darlington.

QPR released a bunch of players, including Liam Miller. Maybe it's me, but we are looking for a midfielder at Bristol Rovers. Liam Miller might work for someone at our level. Can anyone remind me of how good he is? I see him in his Sunderland strip on the BBC Sport site and I keep thinking of Liam Lawrence :shifty:

He was appalling in the Prem and I'm not sure he's ever played in League 1, but it depends really. QPR didn't think he was good enough for them but they are a top-half Championship side. It'd be worth a gamble if his wages weren't too high I'd think.

He could play for AFC Bournemouth if he wanted. Nice Weather, but we could only pay him in unlimited Bovril, Cheeseburgers and ice cream fresh from the stand at the seafront.

It's what persuaded Sicknote. ;)

Adam, yeah, I think we deserve a bit of support, you also have an old defender of ours, as well as an old midfielder. Off the top of my head, you have O'Connor, Spicer, Hayter, Mills, Stock, and that's just the players!

Edited by Emperor DC