The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

It's not that, I just think Paul Scally is one of the biggest cunts to walk the planet. Although I would kinda like Rochdale to get promoted too but I wanted Gills to lose more than I wanted Rochdale to win.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for my local team Gillingham! :wub:

For many years I've experienced the joys and sadness of current 2nd division, to 1st, to Championship, to midtable safety, to ITV money disaster, back down to division 2 again.

I remember watching the playoff final 8/9 years ago in the pub at university - one of only six people in there including my gf at the time and the barman. Extra time winning goal....Beautiful.

COME ON YOU GILLS! My second team back on the up again (hopefully!)

So, Sheffield United are deservedly in the final after beating Preston 2-1 on aggregate. I'd hate to lose the two big derbies against them next season in the league, but I like them, and I'd like to see them back in the Premier League too.

A well deserved win for the Red and White Wizards. Hopefully we won't repeat the play-off finals against Palace and Wolves.... And sign Halford on a full-time basis.

Halford was great tonight, but I didn't think much to him in either game against us earlier in the season. He's very versatile which is a plus. Dave Cotterill was Man of the Match for me, some good runs with some even better crosses, his ball control is top class. I really don't think this squad would look out of place back in the Premier League. Maybe add a couple of experienced forwards/attacking midfielders and a big defender and you're sorted.

Well, as bad as it was, it wasn't a red card offence. First, he got the ball, and second, it wasn't deliberate, so a yellow card for dangerously high foot was correctly issued.

TBF I didn't see that he got the ball, the feed I was watching made it look like he just whiffed and it also made it look like he took at look at Halford before sticking it to him.

So, Burnley will face Sheffield Utd in the Play-Off final, a game that I am really looking forward to. Both teams deserve their place after being the better side over two legs in the semi-finals, and either one going up will be nice. I don't wanna lose our local derbies with the Blades next year, but am keen to see them back on the big stage as well, and Burnley would provide something different in the top flight if they can make a good go of it.

I like Steve Coppell and am in no doubt that he will soon get another job, probably in the Prem. I am desperate for Burnley to beat Sheffield United, due to my hate for Kevin Blackwell. That, and as Darloboy says, it's good to see new teams in the Prem, Stoke did so well this year, it was a refreshing change.

The only team I like in League one out of the four sides in the playoffs is Scunny, so hopefully they make it, plus, I have a bet on Burnley, Scunny and Shrews to go up so i'm doing alright so far.