The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread

Adam

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more a case of the FA doing all they can do get Millwall promoted so they don't play Leeds in the playoff final. Then again I do like conspiracies

Leeds were brilliant yesterday but I'm shitting it over the Tranmere game Saturday. If we bottle it we're probably looking at a third season in this tin pot league.

Gutted for Wolves going up too. My best mate supports them, so the possibility of them being two leagues above Leeds, as well as scum winning the 5 trophies their going for and Newcastle staying up scares the shit out of me

I think it's more a case of the FA doing all they can do get Millwall promoted so they don't play Leeds in the playoff final. Then again I do like conspiracies

Leeds were brilliant yesterday but I'm shitting it over the Tranmere game Saturday. If we bottle it we're probably looking at a third season in this tin pot league.

Gutted for Wolves going up too. My best mate supports them, so the possibility of them being two leagues above Leeds, as well as scum winning the 5 trophies their going for and Newcastle staying up scares the shit out of me

Yeah I think they'd probably just find a reason to dock us some points....

We were so unlucky yesterday, we didn't really deserve that late goal but as soon as they won the corner I said to my old man "after all those shit corners they've had, this is going in". :shifty:

We need to beat Tranmere, 1) to make sure we're in the playoffs, 2) to keep our home form going into the playoffs and 3) so we don't lose 2 games on the spin so close to the playoffs.

Tranmere makes or breaks our season I reckon.

Ugh Delph and likely Beckford are out tomorrow, and apparently there's 3-4 others likely to be out. If Becchio is one of them I'll cry because I don't want to see Dickinson start again, he's horrible. Hopefully Prutts should be in the 16 tomorrow, partly just cos I wanna see what he looks like after he's had his hair cut.

Yeah I know, the worst thing is, my mate jinxed it because he said "god Matt, you look more like Prutton today than ever" about 10 minutes before they announced it on the PA (yeah it was a slow news day at Elland Road). :(

Personally I find it coincidental he had his hair cut on Good Friday (I think they said he'd had it cut the day before), hopefully it was reincarnated on Sunday.

As for Dickinson: He's forgotten how to run, jump or make a pass. The most useful thing he's done so far is make a tackle on one of the Leicester players (Fryatt I think). His contribution last Saturday involved losing possession every time he had the ball and tackling Andy Robinson when he had a clear sight of goal.

Edit: If Prutton's had his hair cut this length I will not be happy :angry:

Edited by Footjob Fever

A huge day in the Football League today. Fates can be confirmed for Wolves, Charlton, Leicester, Hereford, Cheltenham and Brentford. And the clear contenders for the final days will also be confirmed today in promotion and relegation battles.

Doncaster are way away at Plymouth today, a win for either side should just about assure survival, not that I think we're in any danger any more really.

WEMBERLEE! WEMBERLEE! We're the famous Leeds United and we're off to wembley!

Playoffs all but secured now (we just have to not lose both our games by ridiculous margins) and it looks like Millwall in the semis who are on patchy form right now. We look a class, confident side and so long as Sodje and Naylor stay fit, and Snodgrass, Becchio and Beckford do too, we should be good enough to break our finals curse.

• 2 weeks later...

:angry: 5 Live are reporting that Leeds vs. Millwall in the playoff semis may mean no away fans at either leg. That's fucking stupid, not that I'd get a ticket as I haven't been to enough games (I think the website said I'd need to have been to 14 away games to get a ticket) but I'd like there to be some away fans at the home leg and some fans to be (hopefully) celebrating in the away leg.

The way we get treated is fucking disgusting.

That's ridiculous really despite the clubs reputations-what will they do if that fixture ends up being the final!?

As of half an hour ago the final day showdowns are set in the Football League. Who does everyone think will come out on top in each battle?

Championship

*Birmingham promoted with victory away at Reading.

*Sheffield United promoted if they beat Palace and Birmingham fail to win at Reading.

*Reading promoted if they beat Birmingham and Sheffield United fail to win at Crystal Palace.

*Norwich relegated if they fail to win away at Charlton Athletic OR if they beat Charlton but Barnsley get a result at Plymouth.

*Barnsley relegated if they lose at Plymouth and Norwich win at Charlton.

Reading's superior goal difference is a massive advantage for them despite them being the worst off of the three teams in the promotion race. I can see them and Birmingham knocking each other out of the race by drawing with Sheffield United winning, but for personal preference I'd like to see a Birmingham win so they go up. The battle at the bottom could really go either way, and it's too close to call but I'd prefer Norwich to drop as Barnsley is the shortest journey we'll ever have in the football league for an away game.

League One

*Tranmere qualify for the play-offs ahead of Scunthorpe if they beat them at Glanford Park next Saturday.

*Scunthorpe qualify for the play-offs ahead of Tranmere if they beat them next Saturday, or failing that secure a draw.

*Hartlepool stay up with a win over Bristol Rovers regardless of other results.

*Northampton stay up with at least a draw against Leeds on the final day.

*Brighton stay up with a victory over Stockport on the final day.

*Carlisle are relegated if they fail to beat Millwall, and a win is only good enough to survive if Brighton don't win or Northampton lose.

*Crewe are relegated if they fail to beat Leicester, and a win is only good enough if two from Carlisle, Brighton & Northampton lose their remaining game.

Scunthorpe have a massive advantage-but Tranmere's job is now clear, they can't rest on a draw and must go for a victory. Carlisle need to win and hope, as do Crewe. Northampton & Brighton can make it all academic with wins themselves, but that won't be easy.

League Two

*Wycombe promoted with either a draw or victory over Notts County. Failing that, a defeat will still see them if Bury don't win and overturn the 3-goal deficit on GD.

*Exeter promoted with a win over Rotherham, but will still be promoted if Bury fail to win at home to Accrington and Exeter don't lose.

*Bury promoted with a win over Accrington if Wycombe lose (whilst overturning the goal deficit of 3) or Exeter don't win. They can be promoted with a draw if Exeter lose though due to a superior goal difference.

*Dagenham & Redbridge beat Shrewsbury to the last play-off spot if they don't lose to Shrewsbury on the last day.

*Shrewsbury reach the play-offs only with a victory away at Dag & Red...and they've only won twice away all season.

*Chester can only survive by beating Darlington about 18-0 and hoping Grimsby lose.

Wycombe are very unlikely not to go up, but it is very tight between those three really. Dagenham have a huge advantage over Shrewsbury, and Chester are basically down.

My money is on Birmingham, Wycombe & Exeter to be celebrating promotion, Scunthorpe & Dag & Red reaching the play-offs, and Norwich, Crewe & Carlisle suffering relegation. Yes, all of those teams are already in the qualification places bar Scunthorpe (who could be there tomorrow anyway) but that's how it goes sometimes.

Edited by 1PWCorino

Sheffield Utd to go up, Norwich to go down. Scunthorpe will take the last playoff spot, Crewe and Northampton will go down. Exeter and Wycombe will go up, Shrewsbury will take the last playoff spot.

Chester will blatantly overturn the goal difference tomorrow. :shifty:

And the final, I think, would be a reduced capacity and all supporters would need official club travel (i.e. no making your own way there or supporters club coaches). And that would be the definition of bullshit. The club travel wouldn't bother me, but reducing the attendance would be a majorly stupid decision as A) Leeds fans would get tickets in their end (as happened in the league games where they reduced our ticket allocation) and B) Members and ST holders are supposed to be guaranteed Wembley tickets, which we won't be able to get (there's about 25,000 as of last Saturday and you can guarantee more will have signed up before the deadline day (tomorrow I think) now a trip to Wembley looks inevitable.

:bang:

The police in this country are retarded. Apparently the decision on away allocations for Leeds playoff game has been made and no matter who we get, there's a reduced allocation (some [Millwall] more than others [Tranmere]). Have they not learnt yet that reducing the amount of tickets we have doesn't reduce the amount of Leeds fans going to the game, it simply means that we'll have more in the home end where it's harder to control.

The way to stop crowd trouble isn't to reduce our allocation, if anything they should extend it to make sure as many Leeds fans as possible are within a confined area. Surely it makes more sense than to try and control 4,000 that are all together than to control 1000 that are together and another 2,000 mixed in around the home ends.

In conclusion, fuck the OB.

Edit: Just seen that the dates have been released too, apparently we can't get 3rd as of last night, which I thought we could, for some reason. I'm now hoping for Leeds 4th, Millwall 5th because that way my mate can go with me and I don't have to look for someone else to sell this second ticket to since he works Saturdays. <_<

Edited by Footjob Fever

There seems to be this hatred of your lot and, if I'm honest, I think whenever we (Bristol Rovers) have had you guys down, compared to Millwall, your lot have been alright. There are much worse fans about. I certainly know from our away games the pricks we can get "supporting" us. Every away game I've been to, I can honestly say I've always heard at least one racist. Honestly, not just "he's a darkie" racist - I mean proper "fucking kill that spook" racist. Home games? Not one incident. Away games? Every time.

But yeah, I hope they alleviate the problem. Part of the problem as well is that by constantly putting these restrictions on, it gives the bad sets of fans more reason to feel aggrieved, thus expanding the problem.

It's a shame. I would like to see Leeds again next year, but I guess maybe we might not get it. Millwall I'm not fussed about. Tranmere I would like to see promoted because I use to live near there, so it's loyalty more than anything. Scunthorpe I care not for. MK Dons I want to see stay because I despise what they become and want to see Wimbledon face them some day (a feat more manageable the lower they are).

Carlisle currently 1-0 up against Millwall. Kavanagh with a 30 year screamer from what I've been told. As it stands I believe that means the blues are staying up as they're winning and Brighton are drawing.

I think.