Mock the Week

FireDoughnut

Odd about Andy Parson's.. because I think he's shit.

Russell I like, but I've seen his stuff from before MTW so I kinda knew what to expect. Plus I love how he laughs at other peoples jokes so much, makes it seem a bit more real.

Andy Parson's isn't funny, Hugh was very funny with his voice over of the French President/Royals meet-up. its always nice to see Ed. and Frankie' "It's the banker...... he says he has your kids" line had me in stitches.

Did the guest woman actually say anything of note tonight? Frankie was on top form, and I'm starting to warm to Russell Howard. Mind you, Hugh's coasting, literally phoning it in the last coupla episodes...

Russell followed up last weeks stand up, one of my most favourite of his ever - with possibly his worst this week.

Andy Parsons actually wasn't terrible this week, relatively funny.

And Frankie seemed in a rather chipper mood, I reckon he'd been drinking before the broadcast because he seemed to be laughing at peoples jokes quite a bit. He rarely laughs at other peoples jokes that much.

Frankie's teetotal, so I don't think he'd been drinking. You thought that because he was Scottish right? You racist, Parsons! :shifty:

But yeah, decent show this week. I don't get all the Andy Parsons hate, sure the guy doesn't light the world on fire, but he does his bits well enough.

He just seemed very chipper.

And Hugh, Frankie, Dara and Russell I feel all have their places. Hugh can kind of bring the show to the right answer and is funny in the final rounds. Russell has that fun-bloke kind of thing about it. Frankie and Dara are obvious ones. Whereas I think Andy could be replaced with someone else, or just make it into a rotating spot like the others. Ed Byrne, if he wanted to and was allowed, would be a phenomenal regular.

Greg Davis was good. Danielle Ward was pretty forgettable which is a shame. But last week SKA didn't say much but I know for a fact he's hilarious, it's just hard to get a word in edgeways when you have Russell, Frankie and Dara all talking.

I guess at the end of the day the shows just there for Frankie, Dara and Russell to have some banter.

• 1 month later...