NCAA 09

bstan80

Three words. Online. Dynasty. Leagues.

Play AND recruit against up to eleven other players. That alone has me in line for it. Typical Phenom, HailtotheKing, and myself are discussing starting a PS3 league. Anyone interested, hit me up.

WERD ! And yes, J - TP and myself will most certainly be "hosting" a PS3 dynasty.

I cannot wait to utterly humiliate them :pervert::shifty:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still rocking PS2, been getting my UCLA Bruins ready for a run to glory with THE DREAM TEAM COACHING STAFF! WOO!

Y'all are lucky I'm not on PS3, cuz I would have picked someone like Navy and ran triple option all ovah yo' asses!

Did they fix the CPU defensive pursuit angles? Because in 08 for PS2, they were flat out terrible. I couldn't even play it any more after about 3 games in my Tulane dynasty.

Also any new plays/formations to use?

Rented this tonight and I'm loving it.

Started an (offline) dynasty with the Georgia Bulldogs (99, so what :shifty: ), two games in so far but 2-0. Just finished a game against Central Michigan, very very close the whole way through, with each team leading by a touchdown at different times but the other tying it up.

Comes down to the 4th quarter and CMU is leading by 1. They keep being assholes and letting time run down as much as they possibly can between plays, but once they pulled the trigger, I stopped them every time. Finally, with like 30 seconds remaining, they get off a passing play and, in the nicest replay ever, one of my guys intercepts it along the sidelines, running it straight down for a gamewinning TD, me not even caring about the field goal afterwards. Such a great feeling shoving it in their face for being cocky with time.

You do realize that's the point right?

Yep, it's a smart strategy. Doesn't make them any less of assholes for doing it though. :shifty:

I'm curious as to how much you must suck to have the highest rated team in the game and still be going neck and neck with Central Michigan all game. Ya' shouldn't have been all that shocked by losing to South Carolina. I say another SEC loss may be in your future if you struggled with the CMU Chippewas.

It is call Sliders and difficulty level... I mean some people like a challenge and don't just play the game on Varsity.

If that was a personal shot at me, I play on the highest level and do fine, thank you for making assumptions. I wasn't being a douche bag at all. I was just saying, the guy has the highest rated team in the game and struggled against CMU. I don't see how it was that big of a shock to the guy when he lost to a team in the SEC, the most difficult conference in college football.

Ok, I don't get this...

I have an XBox Live Gold Membership and signed up with the EA servers (so I'm listening to the ESPN stuff on the menu).

Yet, every game I play with the Weather Channel Forecast is 75 degrees, partly cloudy.

And while I can upload rosters to the EA Locker, it says that an XBox Live Membership restriction blocks me from downloading them...what gives?

Online dynasties are broken and still being worked on. Something wrong with the EA servers has caused a lot of people to lose their online dynasties or it will sim a game you already played. EA is working on fix and there are plenty of other gameplay issues. Punt return game still broken every drive starts at the 30 or 40. Pass rush is non existant. I'm glad I waited and I'll be waiting until they release another patch.

Hmm, it appears that somehow my disc got fucked up, which doesn't make sense because my xbox has been sitting on my directv box for months and I havent moved it. Somehow the disc has scratches all over it even though I haven't even taken it out since the day i got it....damnit. Looks like I have to get it resurfaced.

Online dynasties are broken and still being worked on. Something wrong with the EA servers has caused a lot of people to lose their online dynasties or it will sim a game you already played. EA is working on fix and there are plenty of other gameplay issues. Punt return game still broken every drive starts at the 30 or 40. Pass rush is non existant. I'm glad I waited and I'll be waiting until they release another patch.

I heard they forgot to put in overwrite protection, so that if anybody makes an online dynasty with the same name as another person's, the original gets overwritten. That's just dumb. Almost as dumb as having ENTIRE TEAMS ERASED because of roster editing. Guys have been doing NCAA rosters for years and years, the year EA tries to do it look what happens. Bunch of incompetent monkeys.

All they had to do was hire a Fairdale Kings, say "Enter the rosters", then put them on the Marketplaces.

The set Pasta Padre had was given to him by an EA employee, so I'm assuming it's not. I think the legality is regarding the advertising and marketing (hence why no active NCAA players are ever on the game's cover), not the supplying. As long as there's no profit directly being made from them I don't think the NCAA can do anything.

The set Pasta Padre had was given to him by an EA employee, so I'm assuming it's not. I think the legality is regarding the advertising and marketing (hence why no active NCAA players are ever on the game's cover), not the supplying. As long as there's no profit directly being made from them I don't think the NCAA can do anything.

I always kind of assumed that the reason the NCAA games didn't have player names was because they would have to pay every player for their likeness as there is no player's association like in the NFL. Totally an assumption though.

But I doubt they can "officially" give out the "named" rosters. More likely they created them and then leaked them.

Technically they did "officially release" them by doing a combination of both.

Somebody on the payroll made the rosters, they were given to/leaked to/stolen by Pasta Padre, and they developed an EA Locker system to allow rosters to be easily transferred. If there was illegality in what they were doing they wouldn't do it; they've got exclusive license on NCAA football, they make NCAA basketball games and are probably trying to get exclusivity on that if they haven't got it already.

Why would they risk it unless they knew they were safe from legit legal attacks as well as perceived illegality by the NCAA? Obviously the NCAA would re-think their exclusive license if they felt EA was deliberately sidestepping their rules & regulations in the game.

I always kind of assumed that the reason the NCAA games didn't have player names was because they would have to pay every player for their likeness as there is no player's association like in the NFL. Totally an assumption though.

But I doubt they can "officially" give out the "named" rosters. More likely they created them and then leaked them.

The NCAA bans college football players from receiving any official endorsements or sponsorships or anything like that, and since video games fall under that, no active players ever appear on the cover and they don't have names in the game.

Yeah, it's illegal to make profit from the college athletes names, I'm surprised they could put a Roster creator under the EA Payroll though. It's kind of like Greydog assigning an employee to make a real world mod, if people think they are going to be in the game, it's an incentive to buy it, creating profit for Greydog and not WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW etc.

Yes, it is illegal to sell the NCAA rosters. End of story.

In other news, it is seriously annoying when you go online and some douchbag takes Florida in hopes of rolling to the sideline and throwing a bomb to )Harvin. Seriously, it's gay. gamertag - Bostondonk (appropriate enough) almost made it non enjoyable. If it weren't for the fact that he was absolutely horrid and the biggest joke even with the cheesing, I'd have probably quit out of pure anger.

I fucking hate assholes like that. Now that it's over though, I appreciate the stats boost. But yeah, I'm starting it here

AVOID list online (PS3):

bostondonk

It's gonna happen, but it doesn't make it any less aggravating. I can understand where HTTK's frustration comes from. That's why I only play online with family and friends. I know there are people out there that play reasonably, but I always seem to find the ones that like to cheese their way through the game.