NCAA 09

bstan80

I really do hate when people complain about "cheesers" Wow people are doing things the game allows them to do? How dare they, why they should have to conform to whatever code of play you've decided to abide by, because what there doing is total and perfectly okay and isn't breaking rules or anything.

Its just like people who complained about the chainsaw in Gears of War. How dare we use something that is in game.

Only time anyone should be complaining about what someone is doing in a game is if they're clearly modding or hacking the system, otherwise suck it up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who have to keep relying on one thing over and over again are usually the ones who suck so badly that they can't get over with anything else, so playing them is actually quite fun. I just borrow the free safety, drop back to double that receiver they're fixed on, and keep getting swats and picks. Problem solved, dipshit pissed, and they'll usually forfeit once their money play's gone.

I ask you, Maxx, how fun is it to play Street Fighter II and face somebody using Akuma? You've probably never encountered it, so I'll explain - Akuma is so much better than everyone else to make fights against him un-fun. The same goes for everybody picking the Demo setup in Rainbow Six Vegas, because it comes with a shotgun option - anyone not using the Demo setup is put at a handicap and their choice is either play Demo or struggle mightily. Cheesing is a douchebaggy move, that's just obvious.

I really do hate when people complain about "cheesers" Wow people are doing things the game allows them to do? How dare they, why they should have to conform to whatever code of play you've decided to abide by, because what there doing is total and perfectly okay and isn't breaking rules or anything.

Actually, he's exploiting a glitch in the game called "rocket catching" ... I haven't conformed to any code of play other than "not using glitches" ... in fact, in a way it is cheating because with the WR's the glitch works every time. With the DB's the glitch works IF you're lucky. He's doing something every play that can't be done by the defense every play. That would be unfair play by it's definition.

Of course, I don't expect that you'd understand that.

What really annoys me about it is that you get stuck in the game with these guys. If you quit, it goes against you and your stats ... and that's just bullshit. You're forced to sit through this game with a douchebag. That really sucks.

Well it wouldn't be much of an advantage if the defense could glitch and stop it every play. He's doing something on offense you could easily do, but choose not to do, thats on you.

But I don't expect someone who's clearly very proud of their rating in a video game to understand that.

I mean christ, its online gaming, I refuse to believe you don't know what you're in for already. Most of the people will take advantage of every glitch and do whatever it takes to win, which makes sense if you really care about your rank. Taking advantage of glitches isn't cheating. Blame the game makers for not fixing it when the game shipped out, or patching it since then.

Blasting players who take advantage of the glitch is stupid. First of all, its a stupid video game, they're doing something that the game allows them to do without any modification. Its just something you don't agree with them doing and you yourself choose not to do. To say that somehow what their doing is wrong is just asinine.

But you're right, I just wouldn't understand why it matters so much, and I'm happy I don't. If you're good at the game it shouldn't matter what anyone else is doing. If someone is pissing you off with their behavior, quit. Its a ranking in a video game, it means nothing, why get pissed off over it?

I just got the game on Sunday and I am loving it (even though I can't wait for the first two patches to fix the hell out the game). I just got done playing my second online game and some unbelievable stuff happened at the end. I was down by 12 with 2:00 mins to go and we drove the clock down to 45 secs and scored when he brought his saftey up and I threw a fade. We didn't get the onside kick, so I thought the game was over. Then the heavens shed light on me and on the last play he tried to run an option as it has been killing me all day, and the RB didn't catch it. My nickle back scooped it up and ran down the field 75-80 yrds for the win and I began to celebrate like I won the Super Bowl four times in a row.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the opposing QB ever throw an incompletion on your games? Every fucking game I've played, the other teams QB's throw 90%+ completion percentage. It doesn't matter if I run zone coverage, man to man, whatever. In last year's version, if you had pressure on the QB, he'd throw a fucking interception every time. In this year's version, they did the complete opposite. It seems no matter how much pressure I put on the QB, he throws a perfect pass, every time. It's really annoying that no matter how many times I stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs, they can easily pick up the first down on third and long thanks to a perfect pass. Just wondering if anyone has found a decent slider setting, because I moved it all the way down to ZERO for CPU QB Accuracy, and they still hit over 90% of their passes. Anyone else having this happen?

Edited by Meacon

Haven't noticed that so much, as I write it off as bad defensive playcalling on my part. I have noticed that none of the half-decent QB's are genetically capable of throwing picks in Dynasty. Tons of guys are rolling up 20-TD, 3-int seasons.

Does the opposing QB ever throw an incompletion on your games? Every fucking game I've played, the other teams QB's throw 90%+ completion percentage. It doesn't matter if I run zone coverage, man to man, whatever. In last year's version, if you had pressure on the QB, he'd throw a fucking interception every time. In this year's version, they did the complete opposite. It seems no matter how much pressure I put on the QB, he throws a perfect pass, every time. It's really annoying that no matter how many times I stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs, they can easily pick up the first down on third and long thanks to a perfect pass. Just wondering if anyone has found a decent slider setting, because I moved it all the way down to ZERO for CPU QB Accuracy, and they still hit over 90% of their passes. Anyone else having this happen?

I noticed the problem being two-fold. Firstly the QB makes their read extremely fast and it's usually the right read, no matter how much pressure you bring. Secondly, the defense seems (in zone) to cover too deeply so that instead of being in passing lanes, they're 7-10 yards downfield...pretty much no matter what play you call. I've found that man coverage (with maybe a middle line backer in zone to protect against slants) is a little more effective...although the qb will still carve you up (at least on completion percentage) no matter how bad they are or how good your defense is.

When it comes to recruiting..if a "way pitch" fails, is it done completely? Or do I jsut try it again at another time? I'm in the 2015 season and, while I regularly have top recruiting classes, its more do to luck then anything...I'm slowly learning how to recruit but I keep losing out in 5 star linebackers...as PSU, I have a reputation to keep :shifty:

Edited by Lint6

When it comes to recruiting..if a "way pitch" fails, is it done completely? Or do I jsut try it again at another time? I'm in the 2015 season and, while I regularly have top recruiting classes, its more do to luck then anything...I'm slowly learning how to recruit but I keep losing out in 5 star linebackers...as PSU, I have a reputation to keep :shifty:

I'm assuming you mean "sway pitch?" :P Ahem...as long as they don't have a lock icon pop up next to their interest level, you can still change their minds, but it may take some persistence. And you may piss them off in the process. I think there's also a risk of it going down rather than up, but I've never seen it, since I'm only trying to sway guys into liking my school's strengths. Never tried to sway someone down on weaknesses.

Yeah, it can go down as well if you push it.

As for the QB thing, I've noticed it against teams in the dynasty I'm in that SHOULD be better than me. For Example - I'm north texas, first game of the year I played Kansas St. The first half, there wasn't a miss unless I somehow had perfect d on the WR. Otherwise, complete EVERY time. As the game wore on though, it got a little better. Still though, it caught me as strange at the get go.

Still, depending on your skill level I'd check out NCAA Utopia and search the forums for decent slider settings. They've got them there, and if it comes to it I'll start looking into some of them.

Now that it was brought up...I started an offline dynasty using Purdue, and the first game of the year was against FCS Northwest. Beat them 91-0, but still, their QB was 16 of 20. And of those four incompletions, three were picks. DB's were constantly four or five yards behind their receivers, while their defenders always seemed to be right in my passing lanes. As HttK and Typical Phenom can attest, I'm great at throwing picks. <_<

Ok, tested the theory a little bit ...

I used some rather "good" teams against some "ok" teams (example: Georgia vs Okt St and FSU vs Mich St) .... and yeah, it holds true. On Heisman level, their QB's are spot on all the time. With "better" than your opponent teams, you can get a few deflections or your defenders are close enough so that you yourself can make the play. BUT, the team you're playin HAS to be of a lower quality than yours ... otherwise you're looking at 85% or better completion rate for the opposition until you reach the last few minutes of the game.

I also played with the Super Sim and that HELPS you in your defense when it comes to the opponent QB missing passes ... interesting.

Ok, tested the theory a little bit ...

I used some rather "good" teams against some "ok" teams (example: Georgia vs Okt St and FSU vs Mich St) .... and yeah, it holds true. On Heisman level, their QB's are spot on all the time. With "better" than your opponent teams, you can get a few deflections or your defenders are close enough so that you yourself can make the play. BUT, the team you're playin HAS to be of a lower quality than yours ... otherwise you're looking at 85% or better completion rate for the opposition until you reach the last few minutes of the game.

I also played with the Super Sim and that HELPS you in your defense when it comes to the opponent QB missing passes ... interesting.

I knew it couldn't have just been me. I've been playing these games on Heisman level for as long as I can remember, and I never remember the CPU QB's being so accurate. The CPU QB Accuracy slider doesn't seem to change anything, either. Atleast not lowering it. Maybe I should raise it? Ha. They can't be any more dead on than they already are.

I've noticed that the slider for CPU QB Accuracy has more of an effect on how they throw the different passes, and how they throw on the run. It doesn't necessarily effect their comp% but there is a difference in their balls in throwing over the middle deep and rolling out. The sliders help in terms of YOU being able to make plays and put guys in position.

Recruiting is actually very easy as a big name school. The main thing seems to be how long you keep them on the phone (rather than whether they're happy or not by the end of the conversation). In my Michigan Dynasty, I've had recruits signed by week 3 a couple times.

Also, when you get to visits you probably want them to have a "most" and two "Very highs" in areas that your school is good. I've actually prolonged visits because I missed the first sway attempt and I wanted to try again the next week. Generally it seems like, if that's the case, they will be stubborn quite a bit on that one pitch, but you can get them to eventually come around.

Also, one thing I remember annoying me about the game: I assumed player type was important. For example: I wanted a fast receiver...so I recruited someone who was a "speed" receiver and stayed away from "possession" receivers. Apparently the only thing this actually designates with receivers is how well they catch. "Possession" receivers have decent hands...and "speed" receivers can't catch worth a damn. Forty yard dash time is the only thing that seems to indicate how fast they really are.

I recruited some terrible receivers before I realized that. And missed at least one extremely good receiver who had like 97 speed.