Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

"Used to be good?" please tell me you are joking?

No I wasn't. On a grander scale of things yes, he's good enough to still hack it in the Premier League, but should be be holding down a spot in the Man United team, given thier quality and resources, no.

I agree with you on the fact that Giggs won the Player Of The Year out of sympathy and just being generally liked by the majority of people but Giggs was fantastic for us throughout the season. We needed a central midfielder to step up to the plate and surge towards the other team since Scholes isn't what he used to be and I have always viewed Carrick as a player who plays at his best when given time and space.

Giggs stepped up to the plate when we needed him(Chelsea match,West Ham,Celtic,)and against West Brom when we had a few injuries and Berbatov,Tevez and Ronaldo weren't playing to their best.

I agree with you on the fact that Giggs won the Player Of The Year out of sympathy and just being generally liked by the majority of people but Giggs was fantastic for us throughout the season. We needed a central midfielder to step up to the plate and surge towards the other team since Scholes isn't what he used to be and I have always viewed Carrick as a player who plays at his best when given time and space.

Giggs stepped up to the plate when we needed him(Chelsea match,West Ham,Celtic,)and against West Brom when we had a few injuries and Berbatov,Tevez and Ronaldo weren't playing to their best.

I agree with him a bit though, Giggs was invisible in Champions League games like against Barcelona, I think he shouldn't be starting for Man Utd anymore, doesn't matter how experience he has.

Also, Kuyt is one of Liverpool's most important players but people just look at him and think he doesn't fit the star player mold.

Guest Ringmaster

With Setanta being sold to ESPN, I hope you guys get a regular dose of Tommy Smyth. If only so you can suffer as much as the other continents have. For all the talk of Redknapp and top, top, you guys haven't seen shit yet! I'm sure you gladly ask for some top, top back in exchange for "it's just another bulge in ye old onion bag" whenever someone scores a goal! Not to mention the stupid shit like whenever someone scores against the Mancs and he's all "Bet Fergie is wondering why he sold Jaap Staam now!". Or the lame shit like Rafa the terminorotator. Oh dear. Oh how fun :shifty: