Americans go To This Tour

K

2691660976_407143f9ea.jpg

Too Much Awesome For One Show.

Sep. 02 - Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues

Sep. 03 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues (no MISFITS)

Sep. 04 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues

Sep. 06 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium

Sep. 07 - N. Kansas City, MO - Harrah's Voodoo

Sep. 09 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant

Sep. 10 - Madison, WI - Orpheum Theatre

Sep. 12 - St. Paul, MN - Myth

Sep. 13 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Orbit Room

Sep. 14 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall

Sep. 16 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis

Sep. 18 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live!

Sep. 19 - Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory

Sep. 20 - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom

Sep. 21 - Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony Parking Lot

I'm seeing Motorhead in August, but they'll be sharing the bill with Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (Dio era).

I'll be pleased with that. Motorhead is really what I'm anticipating, though Judas Priest should be good as well.

That's exactly the same amount of awesome actually. I would go to that. What order are they running in?

This one just stands out, because it's kind of random.

I'm seeing Motorhead in August, but they'll be sharing the bill with Judas Priest and Black Sabbath (Dio era).

I'll be pleased with that. Motorhead is really what I'm anticipating, though Judas Priest should be good as well.

I'm going to that tour in August as well. To me Judas Priest, Motorhead, Heaven And Hell, and Testament > Motorhead, Danzig-less Misfits, that shitty Airbourne band, a surprisingly decent Year Long Disaster, and a band I never heard of.

Now if it was Glenn Danzig and the Misfits, I'd be there no doubt.

That's exactly the same amount of awesome actually. I would go to that. What order are they running in?

I believe it's billed as:

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Heaven And Hell

Testament

So I believe Priest are headlining, and rightfully so.

Looks like an awesome show, but Airborne is really out of their league there.

Also... fucking Jerry Only needs to stop touring for a couple months and write that god damn album he and the rest of the Punk Rock Karaoke Squad promised two years ago.

Pfft, Airbourne are ace. Perfect music to get drunk and rock out to.

Motorhead are just dull though to be honest. I guess if you're a fan, then fair enough, but to me, they have one, maybe two songs that actually sound different.

I agree with you, their songs almost all sound exactly the same save for 8-10 of em. And that's the very reason why I hate bands like AC/DC. But for some reason, I love me some Motorhead.

As for Airbourne, I've yet to hear anything from them that sounds unique, different, or fun. But that's just me.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying everything from Motorhead sounds the same, though they have an obviously distinct sound. If you hear a Motorhead song, you'll know it's them.

But judging from some of their early work such as the self titled album and On Parole, the sound was a bit different as opposed to what it evolved into on albums such as Ace of Spades and Overkill. It was still good rock and roll, but wasn't quite as heavy as the later efforts.

I think it's a good thing that Motorhead keeps their sound the way it is as opposed to doing things differently or experimenting. Motorhead were put on this Earth to rock, and they do that very well.

• 1 month later...

I could never recommend going to see Motorhead based solely on that WWE PPV performance where Lemmy couldn't remember the words to Triple H's theme song >_>

I've seen them whenever they've been at Download, and it's really notihng that special. They're very samey. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, we all know what they do and they do it well, but I just get tired of it after a while. Plus I tend to get really fucked off when people put bands on these pedestals and I can't see why they're so special.

EDIT: Yeah, I realise I totally just aped the Pip, maybe I should stop listening to him so much >_>

Edited by Dragsy