UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this is Liverpool's one-off terrible performance. They can't afford to play like this in the Premier League, and if they don't concede another tonight I still believe that they can win at Stamford Bridge.

Yeah, but even if they win 2-0 at the Bridge they go out.

Howard Webb is a terrible ref. Booking Messi for diving when it was a clear penalty was a horrible decision. It didn't matter in the end but still, how this guy qualifies as our best ref is beyond me.

And I wish Essien played for us. When he's fit there really isn't a better player in the league at dominating the midfield how he does.

I think it was a definite penalty and a definite dive, but maybe that's just me. It seems to be accepted that you can throw yourself to the ground as long as there's contact, but that pisses me off. It's that kind of tactic that makes it impossible for referees to give legitimate penalties when the player doesn't go down. I'm sick of hearing 'If he'd gone down he probably would have got a penalty' - well then, it was a penalty and the referee didn't give it. Isn't that a problem?

I didn't see the game, they sound like they played almost as bad as we fucking did.

Can easily say I've never been happier for a Chelsea victory. I'll surely go back to hating them if they go back to their once superb winning ways, but right now I'm loving them for this :wub:

:huh:

Considering a Chelsea win means Liverpool have less games to play...that makes zero sense at all. Liverpool want the Premiership more than the Champions League, anyway.

I didn't see the game, they sound like they played almost as bad as we fucking did.

Can easily say I've never been happier for a Chelsea victory. I'll surely go back to hating them if they go back to their once superb winning ways, but right now I'm loving them for this :wub:

:huh:

Considering a Chelsea win means Liverpool have less games to play...that makes zero sense at all. Liverpool want the Premiership more than the Champions League, anyway.

I hate Liverpool. I don't really want them to win a single game. So why would I want them to win this hugely important game? It'd be basically two less games, not exactly a huge deal really. I guess it would mean they could fully focus on the Premiership, but we could be heating out ourselves anyway. Either way, I don't want them to win anything, so that's why I'm happy (Y)

Gerrard's definitely out. Don't think Scousers will be able to score 3 without him against Chelsea but you never know.

Edit: And Rio's going to start tomorrow.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Liverpool have not yet lost a game this season when Steven Gerrard has not played. Of course it isn't just winning this game, it's winning by three goals. Maybe his replacement will strive to earn a regular starting place. Hopes are not high I shouldn't think, and I'll be supporting the winner of this tie for the trophy this season.

Yeah but it's not a great deal of games really-4 wins and 2 draws I think it was. Plus they won at old Trafford without him or Torres. I think the mental strength of the team will play a huge factor tonight, maybe the lack of Terry in Chelsea's defence will buoy them a bit.