UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only on radio, but lets be honest they will get it in the second leg, Kaunas are shite apart from Ledesma, I can't believe McCulloch was played down the middle when Adam should have been because he is actually a CM absolute joke but Rangers will make it through to the group stages anyway on the away legs. Which I don't see anything wrong in as long as they go through I couldn't really care if they didn't leave there half apart from when they score.

Anorthosis/Rapid Vienna v Olympiakos

Vitoria Guimaraes v IFK Gothenburg/Basel

Shakhtar Donetsk v Domzale/Dinamo Zagreb

Schalke 04 v Atletico Madrid

Aalborg/Modrica v RANGERS/Kaunas

Barcelona v Beitar Jerusalem/Wisla Krakow

Levski Sofia v Anderlecht/BATE

Standard Liege v LIVERPOOL

Inter Baku/Partizan v Fenerbahce/MTK Budapest

FC Twente v ARSENAL

Spartak Moscow v Drogheda/Dinamo Kiev

Juventus v Tampere/Artmedia

SK Brann/Ventspils v Marseille

Fiorentina v Slavia Prague

Galatasaray v Steaua Bucharest

Panathinaikos/Dinamo Tbilisi v Sheriff Tiraspol/Sparta Prague

I would laugh so hard if the wally with the brolly knocked out Arsenal.

*twitches*

Rangers are 2-1 in Lithuania, with five minutes to go. :mellow:

Three more minutes!

I can't believe this. Lithuania has just been overthrown by 4,000 angry Rangers fans.

Edited by The Kraig

Coming into this thread has reminded me how much I disliked when the draw was made for the 3rd Qual round that the Sky Sports news guy called Drogheda United Drog-A-Da not Draw-head-a. Not that it matters, they won't go through :shftyL

So does this mean they're completely out of Europe, for i'm sure you had to at least qualify for the CL group stages in order to be given the extra UEFA placings?

Totally out of Europe. No UEFA Cup either. If they'd been knocked out in the 3rd round qualifiers, I think they would have got to the UEFA Cup group stages.

I'm absolutely disgusted out of Europe before the schools are back, Smith can fuck off lost the league and now this.

:lmao:

I have full faith in Smith and McCoist. They got us to the UEFA Cup Final on little more than sheer determination. I suppose it's good in a way, as we'll be able to focus fully on the domestic fixtures this year, which were secondary priority (and ultimately cost us the SPL title) last season. There's certainly going to be no 'victim of their own success' bollocks this time around. Less than two domestic trophies would be a disappointment for me.

And yeah, completely out of Europe. Don't ask me why Scotland only gets one decent Champions League spot when we have two major European clubs, or why the UEFA Cup finalists don't get a spot somewhere. This same thing happened to Celtic against Artmedia Bratislava a few years ago, and a similar thing happened with Rangers against Viktoria Zizkov a few years ago as well. Rangers won a domestic treble that season. *clings to hope*

But enough about Rangers, we're officially off-topic now. :'(

Liverpool squad to face Liege:

Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Agger, Alonso, Plessis, Benayoun, Kuyt, Keane, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Hyypia, Gerrard, Voronin, Insua, El Zhar, Pennant.

Good to see Alonso starting, can't see him leaving now he'll be cup-tied for the Champions League. Will also be interesting to see Keane and Torres get a fairly full game (I imagine Torres will come off for Voronin at some point), they've shown glimpses of working well together during pre-season but have usually been split up after half-time.