UEFA Champions League 08/09

Roffle at Chelsea having the hardest group. Chelsea have Roma. That's pretty much it. And the top two go through anyway.

I'd say - based on the relative... what's the word? I'll go with 'strength' of the teams - Liverpool probably have the hardest group, probably of the whole lot not just English teams. Followed closely by Arsenal. United have one of those groups where it *should* be easy, but it'd be just as easy to get overconfident and slip up. Chelsea have a cakewalk.

Group H is where it's at, though. That should be tight. Except for Bate. Who the fuck?

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually not a bad group at all. We're easily better than all three of those teams when we're playing our best, and it's not like over six games our average performance will be as bad as it was in either of the matches against Liege. There weren't many "easy" teams in the second pool but PSV were probably one I'd have taken if offered them beforehand. Marseille won't be as tricky as they were last year and Atletico won't be easy opponents but I expect us to edge it.

If it's who I'm thinking of BATE are a Belarussian team?

Yep, BATE Borisov, who knocked Anderlect out in the 2nd qualifying round and err, somebody rubbish in the 3rd.

That was the most tedious 'draw' Ive ever seen though. Was there any point in videos for each Pot of the draw!?

That was the most tedious 'draw' Ive ever seen though. Was there any point in videos for each Pot of the draw!?

They do it all the time. Another annoyance is the drawing of 1st seeds into Groups. It might be the way they work it, but couldn't they just draw each team, with the first going in Group A, the second in Group B etc. ?

They do it all the time. Another annoyance is the drawing of 1st seeds into Groups. It might be the way they work it, but couldn't they just draw each team, with the first going in Group A, the second in Group B etc. ?

Not quite. They have to spread out the teams for TV rights.

Can't have three British teams playing on the same day with one playing on the other. And the same goes for the other nations with multiple teams. One team in groups A-D, then the other goes into one of E,F,G or H.

• 3 weeks later...