Pineapple Express

LL!

How is there not a topic for this already? I could've sworn there was and nothing came up in the search results.

Anyway, I just got back from seeing it and it was amazing. There is no reason not to set apart two hours to check this out because I'm sure you're gonna laugh. If you liked Step Brothers, well, prepare yourself cause this blows it completely out of the water. This is definitely not as stupid as Step Brothers and has a certain charm to it. It mixes hilariousness with some pretty graphic action and it makes for an incredible combination.

Some of my favorite moments...

Franco telling Rogen that the car commited suicide listening to talk radio.

McBride's indestructible character.

ROSIE PEREZ~!

The handicap match between Franco/Rogen vs McBride.

The conversation between the three at the end. (HILARIOUS)

Franco seeing/hearing something in the woods that wasn't there.

I must say that if you've ever been high before you'll definitely relate to this movie, but what's good is you don't need to have been high to find it ridiculously funny.

gonna watch it very soon, I love it when they reunite the "Freaks & Geeks" stars, for only having one season, it was a great series! If you havent watched it, check it out on youtube, some awesome people put all 18 episodes on.

I really enjoyed it, definitely the best performance I've ever seen from James Franco, he made the movie. Definitely not as much of a stoner movie as I was expecting, more of a "Bromance," but it worked.

My favorite parts:

-The car committed suicide is definitely line of the movie.

-The whole awkward scene at the high school was hilarious.

-The world's worst fight scene ever between Seth Rogen and Gary Cole

-The convenient placement of automatic weapons. "Oh cool!"

-And the fucking duct tape scene. When Seth Rogen has the cactus and says "tell me what you know!" I nearly pissed myself.

Out of all the big summer comedies, this one has been the best. Stepbrothers was a step up over Zohan and the Mike Myers one, but Pineapple Express is just 100 times better. I actually didn't laugh a lot until near the end, but I really enjoyed it.

James Franco is a fucking comedic God, he should do more lmao! Seth and Gary Cole were also hilarious.

The Car comitted suicide definitly was one of the funniest lines by Franco. Also, the fight scene part when Cole is just going to town on Franco with the dust buster had my buddy choking on his drink.

Also, I like the asians, like the dude from Knocked Up (The Asian Gyno) and Bobby Lee!!! "Suck my balls...2 TIMES!"

They definitely hit another home run with this one!

Dale: [crying] I love you!
Angie: [crying] I love you too! I want to marry you!
Dale: [stops crying] Oh...I think I've made a mistake. I don't want to be with anyone who wants to be with me. You are just too immature for me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was crying that whole scene.

Dale: [crying] I love you!

Angie: [crying] I love you too! I want to marry you!

Dale: [stops crying] Oh...I think I've made a mistake. I don't want to be with anyone who wants to be with me. You are just too immature for me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was crying that whole scene.

This and the ending were really the only parts I laughed at. It was decent but nowhere other efforts from Rogen and co. I was impressed by Franco though.

Franco was awesome, the first bit of the movie dragged and was not funny at all, after they traveled to the woods and went to the guys house it picked up and became a really funny movie. I'm tired of Seth Rogen and his awful acting. Did anyone believe for a second the guy was stoned? Ever? James Franco played the role to a tee.

It was good but not what I expected. First movie that was any kind of 'let down', but I still enjoyed it. When it was weed related it was money, other then that some things bored me.

Red didn't need to defy death on two or three seperate occasions, but there were most definetly parts where I laughed my ass off.

Like when he convinces Seth Rogen to smash the phones and he just launches him. He fuckin' tosses him and his excuse was 'He was aiming for the tree'.

Good movie overall though.

Not that good of a movie. It was okay, but not something Id see again or own on DVD. Very few laugh out loud scenes for me. Not really anything overly funny in the movie outside Franco's role which was the best of the movie. 2/5.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how long it's been out over here, but I caught it the other day in a fucking tiny screen. Was beautiful. Hilarious.

Best bit was when they were running around the woods, and when it finally calms down Franco whispers under his breath what he was running from.

I nearly pissed myself.

I don't know how long it's been out over here, but I caught it the other day in a fucking tiny screen. Was beautiful. Hilarious.

Best bit was when they were running around the woods, and when it finally calms down Franco whispers under his breath what he was running from.

I nearly pissed myself.

The whole sequence in the woods got me good. Don't remember it word for word but Franco convinces Rogen (and surprisingly rightfully so) that they shouldn't use the phones. Not only that, they should turn them off, their cops they can probably 'triangulate' them to find out where they are. Then he gets Rogen going who is all excited so starts smashing his on a huge rock. Franco runs up out of nowhere and launches his phone into the woods.

Rogen : What the hell man? What the hell was that?! I thought we were gonna smash them?

Franco : I was trying to smash it.

Rogen : Oh really? On what? What were you aiming for?

Franco : That tree. (points and just shows a vast amount of trees)

Rogen : What tree? Now what are we suppose to do? What if they traingulate it or whatever it is?!

Franco : (looks around) Ohhh... ya know, whatever man. Forget about it, I doubt they can even use those things anyways man.

Rogen : Really? Because you were pretty convincing back their with that speech and rant and now you have me a little worried.

Then there's always the : (throws change at Rogens feet) While you're at it, supersize it bitch!

Edit: Ok haha, so I found the real scene in the woods, much better:

[saul throws his cell phone into the woods after suggesting that they can be traced]

Dale Denton: What the fuck was that?

Saul: I was trying to hit that tree. I missed.

Dale Denton: What tree?

Saul: That one.

Dale Denton: Why didn't you smash it on a rock like a normal person like I did?

Saul: I don't know! How often does somebody smash things? I'm rusty.

Dale Denton: Oh, man, did you at least see where it landed?

Saul: I don't know. Call it.

Dale Denton: Call it? With what? My phone has been smashed!

Saul: [pauses] Y'know, I bet they can't even triangulate those things.

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy

Saw this a week ago and forgot how much I loved it till someone else asked me to come see it yesterday. Highlights...

- The fight scenes are just all round gold. "OK I surrender! Just get this toilet door off me!". The fact that everyone in the film just cannot fight is ace.

- In the car chase when Franco slows the car down to get the policewoman to drive past and she just stops and shoots that guy in the arm.

- The bit where Matheson puts his hands in the food. "It's still warm. I like that..."

- Mathesons scream before he gets run down and the subsequent loss of his foot had everyone laughing.

Its already made a massive profit so I'm told, and I think DVD sales will be where the real cash is at for them too.

Edited by Zombie Jesus