NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

*edit, because its significant and I forgot about it* There's talk that Fulmer may actually go coach somewhere else, rather than stay with the school in some capacity - there was talk about him staying with UT in some role at the press conference. If he does go elsewhere, I doubt it will be another SEC team.

After the way UT's gone face-down, ass-up against a lot of the rest of the SEC the last few years, I'd be surprised if any other SEC school would want him. He may have to try the WAC or Sun Belt somewhere.

And Hail, no one fucked Cutcliffe, really; he just got impatient. I think most people, including Fulmer himself, knew he would likely be done after this season if we didn't win big.

I think it was a combination of both actually. I mean look at FSU. Jimbo knows he's the next head coach. Tennessee could have (and should have) done this with Cutcliffe. Even though we all "know" that he was on the block, the University really hadn't said anything to lay claim to that. This process should have started a few years ago (when Cutcliffe came back) because as I said, the writing has been on the wall. The recruiting hadn't been the same and the overall competitiveness of the team had fallen off the map. This is going solely on the fact that I feel that Cutcliffe should be the successor and thusly the university kind of fucked him in that regard.

Is there no more over rated conference possible of ALL time then the SEC this year? Auburn couldn't score with a fat chick on prom night, Tennessee is so bad they dumped their coach, Georgia gets ROCKED every time they face anyone decent, and LSU is running out Nick Saban's players. The only two teams that look decent are Florida and 'Bama...

I won't argue with you that those conferences are horrid... possibly slightly worse then the SEC,.

However would you consider them to be "over rated"? No one gives them credit for being any good, so my arguement isn't so much that the SEC is worse then those conferences, but that the SEC is over rated because they are considered so much greater then the rest of the pack.

To me, outside of the Big 12, every other conference is junk this year. Junk.

I won't argue with you that those conferences are horrid... possibly slightly worse then the SEC,.

However would you consider them to be "over rated"? No one gives them credit for being any good, so my arguement isn't so much that the SEC is worse then those conferences, but that the SEC is over rated because they are considered so much greater then the rest of the pack.

Well, to fair to the SEC, until this year they had fit the bill for quite some time. But yes they are certainly not "up" to standard this year.

I say the Pac10 because everybody (some on these boards) seems to say that the Pac10 doesn't get the love it deserves. Everybody tries to talk up the "east coast bias" and say that the Pac10 actually is good. My answer to that, is ... no they suck.

Oh, and Blaze please don't fix my shit when it doesn't need fixing.

Exactly, the positioning of the top three means absolutely zilch right now. If Tech where to run this stretch and take the Big 12 title, they'd leapfrog into 1/2 in the BCS anyway. If they lose one and don't get to or win the Big 12, then they drop back anyway.

What I'm going to love is when 'Bama fucks up, Tech fucks up, and Penn State blows it against Iowa

THANK YOU BAMA FOR WINNING!!!!! YES!!!!

Your welcome! :D 10-0!!! That was one of the most intense moments I've ever been in!

Edited by Zeel1

Guess that means I'm a zombie then..damn :(

I hope everyone realizes that if Bama chokes we will see USC in the title game

In all honesty, I know I speak for everyone with a soul when I say fuck Nick Saban.

You speak for me too but I do not want to see USC in the title game...tbh I hope they lose tonight so their Pac-10 title chances go down the drain