NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

I love all the hype for Tebow, because I could care less BUT EVERYONE HATES HIM. All I see on Facebook after the game is not "Cool, Florida won" but "Grah, FOX gave Tebow all the credit". WELL, NO SHIT. They're trying to actually draw ratings, dipshits. Of course, they're gonna call him one of the best ever because they want to say that they have a game with one of the best ever. Why people can't figure out the basic economics of television amazes me sometimes.

And I say this even after criticizing the SEC Title game comparison of him to Bronko. Then I realized how much they drew in for that game and slapped my head and thought, "Well, I'm dumb."

Edited by ROC

Not sure why everyone predicted blowouts/high-score games, it kinda went the way I thought it would, point-wise. I pretty much thought it'd be medium-scoring, and that it would be somewhat close. I thought it would be Florida winning it, and the most I would've been willing to bet by would be six points. A pretty good game, I'd say, neither really looked that weak, and it had some exciting moments.

If I were the Dolphins I would be eyeing Tebow.

Why? Tebow will be a monumental bust at the pro level if left as a QB and he's not better than Brown or Williams at the RB position so there's no need for him. The wildcat worked primarily because they had a proven QB on their roster this year. Unless they plan to revert to a 10+ loss team they'd be better off drafting guys who can actually play on Sundays since Heisman Trophy winning QBs are largely worthless at the next level. In the last 45 years there has been 1 HoFer, a guy who could get in because he won the big one twice, 1 franchise QB whose career was ruined by a Steelers cheap shot :shifty: and a TON of busts and journeymen. Tebow will be a part of the busts list eventually and it's too soon to tell about Sam Bradford since he disappeared when confronted with a fast defense which is never a good sign.

1963 Roger Staubach - HOF

1964 John Huarte

1966 Steve Spurrier - he can coach 'em up but he couldn't play

1967 Gary Beban

1970 Jim Plunkett - .500 record but 2 titles

1971 Pat Sullivan

1984 Doug Flutie - most famous for a Hail Mary in college, Flutie Flakes and catching foul balls at Fenway

1986 Vinny Testaverde

1989 Andre Ware - the era of busts begins!

1990 Ty Detmer

1992 Gino Torretta

1993 Charlie Ward - so good at football he chose to play hoops instead

1996 Danny Wuerffel

2000 Chris Weinke

2001 Eric Crouch

2002 Carson Palmer - the only Heisman winner who had a chance to be great since Staubach, but we know what happened to him

2003 Jason White

2004 Matt Leinart - a 37 year old with fumbleitis took his job

2006 Troy Smith

2007 Tim Tebow

2008 Sam Bradford

Yeah, I think that if a team is in a position to let Tebow sit and learn an offense for a couple of years that he could be a pretty good QB in the NFL. He has the physical tools, his mechanics are just awful. I don't think he could do any worse than Aaron Rodgers, to be honest, whose mechanics coming out of college were pretty poor too with that Tedford-patented holding the ball above your fucking head dropping back to pass.

That said, I doubt that happens and somebody drafts him, makes him change positions and it's Eric Crouch all over again.

Edited by Livid

If Tebow does get drafted as a QB, I can definitely see him taking a few (2-3 minimum) seasons mostly riding the bench or carrying a clipboard while he learns. I think it would be a mistake changing his position, but it would be an even bigger mistake to draft him as a QB and plan on using him any time soon - outside of pre-season games, that is.

Like Livid said, his problems are mostly mechanics, and those can be fixed, but that will take time. Depends on which team drafts him, though. (If its the Lions, he might as well step up to the podium at the draft and retire on the spot!)

I actually hope he has a fairly successful career in the NFL, provided he lands with a team I can stomach. And this is coming from a Vols fan who is sick to death of hearing about Tebow. (I don't think I have to worry about any of my favorite teams drafting him, fortunately)

That said, I doubt that happens and somebody drafts him, makes him change positions and it's Eric Crouch all over again.

I doubt Tebow would pull a bitch move like Crouch did...I can actually see Tebow giving something like linebacker a go, since it just seems like he likes the game, not just the ego stroke of "RAWR, I R QB, BITCH!" Every now and then, he seems like he just wants to go out and light some fools up.

Then, if that fails, he'll just go out and preach, living in mud huts in Manila or something.