NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Oh, that was a fucking amazing game between LSU and Bama. Even if I'm still trying to figure out Leigh Tiffin's pure ineptitude as to how he can get a 29 yard field goal blocked...

Too bad we've got Florida most likely in the title game. That is a fucking dangerous football team, even if I despise Tebow.

'Bama

Florida

Tech

Ok St

Oklahoma

Texas

All teams that will be in the National Title game before USC. I also think that Penn St will remain ahead of them in the BCS due to the fact that every other team in the Pac10 has beyond shit the bed.

Hell at the rate things are going Utah and Boise St have a better shot than USC :shifty:

Considering that USC is the only really good team, that doesn't surprise me at all.

I saw the question earlier in the thread about what happens if OU beats Tech. Simple, the way the computers are, Texas would benefit greatly. The computers LOVE them and they get the virtual boost thanks to playing that murderers row BEFORE Ok St had lost/Mizzou had lost/OU had lost. Seeing as it was "stronger" when they went through, the computers favor Texas more. In a three way tie, Texas is going out of the South and more than likely beating Mizzou again. This will also probably put them back into the National Title game seeing as only 'Bama/Florida would have a shot (and only one of them is getting out of the SEC)outside of Texas (with a Tech loss that is).

There was an article a while back, explaining how it would be more lucrative for USC to play in the Rose Bowl rather than the National Championship (given where it's taking place).

I hate the BCS, especially with the big conferences scheduling cupcakes for the first few games. I mean seriously, if there's only 6 BCS conferences, then they should only play each other.

You know it's a ho-hum week in college football when the Hampton/Florida A&M game is the one that College Gameday has gone to. Which in fairness, that game has a long legacy. But wow, seems like every top-ranked team's expected to win. >_>

You know it's a ho-hum week in college football when the Hampton/Florida A&M game is the one that College Gameday has gone to. Which in fairness, that game has a long legacy. But wow, seems like every top-ranked team's expected to win. >_>

Which, of course, means at least one of them is going to be upset.

And looks like Georgia might be the first of the day's upsets. Still close, however.

Which, of course, means at least one of them is going to be upset.

And looks like Georgia might be the first of the day's upsets. Still close, however.

It means we're going to have the dramatic fall of...16TH RANKED NORTH CAROLINA.

While it's partly due to the ineptness of teams, and partly due to a few teams turning around I'm rather enjoying the clusterfuck that is the ACC this year. Every week pretty much all of the games are entertaining and hard fought. Much better than the Big 10/Pac 10 shitfests that have been going on.

I not even much of an Ohio State fan more of a Bowling Green fan since that is where I go but seeing Michigan fail so hard is pretty entertaining either way. And I can't believe that Notre Dame almost gave up their game against Navy, my roommate said he turned off the game with 5 min. to go with a pretty good feeling they had the win secured and he came to find out Navy nearly tied the game up.

I not even much of an Ohio State fan more of a Bowling Green fan since that is where I go but seeing Michigan fail so hard is pretty entertaining either way. And I can't believe that Notre Dame almost gave up their game against Navy, my roommate said he turned off the game with 5 min. to go with a pretty good feeling they had the win secured and he came to find out Navy nearly tied the game up.

Don't worry, you're not alone in laughing hysterically at Rodriguez's Michigan squad. As long as he's there, I shall root against them!

Oregon St is making me one happy person.....hopefully they don't lay an egg against Arizona or Oregon and I will not have to watch USC in the first BCS bowl game this season (cause I damn sure dont pay attention after the Rose Bowl)

It's 31-27 now... :crying: speaking of hallucinating... am I doing that right now, or is Kentucky's QUARTERBACK actually returning kicks and punts? I've never seen that before.

Kent State's QB is starting to do the same thing. I'm not sure, but Josh Cribbs may have done the same thing when he was the QB there.

It's 31-27 now... :crying: speaking of hallucinating... am I doing that right now, or is Kentucky's QUARTERBACK actually returning kicks and punts? I've never seen that before.

Kent State's QB is starting to do the same thing. I'm not sure, but Josh Cribbs may have done the same thing when he was the QB there.

Well, Cribbs is the Browns punt returner now, so it's very probable.

Shows what happens when I'm around a Browns fan constantly in day-to-day life. :shifty:

Damn, Florida is a fun team to be forced to watch by virtue of living in their town. Really, how can any team be expected to be able to run with Harvin, Demps, AND Rainey all day long? And have to punt to Brandon James? So much speed on that team, it gives the fans whiplash just watching. Read today that since the Ole Miss loss, they've won their last 5 by an average of about 50-11. And that includes LSU and South Carolina, who were both ranked at the time, and a Kentucky team whose defense was looking pretty stout until then.

I am now DEMANDING a Florida-Texas Tech championship game. They'll have to install a three-digit scoreboard.