Official X Factor Season 5 thread.

Guest tiarnantmann

Both of their second songs were fucking incredible. How the hell were they in the bottom two? Rachel and Owen (or eorereghhan or however it's spelt) should've been there. Daniel was pretty decent I thought this week. Nothing spellbinding, but good enough to get through I thought.

Shame to see Laura go, but Ruth is probably the better singer out of the two. Just.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad Laura went. Nothing against her but she's been seen as the dead cert favourite from day one. Don't think there's any doubt that she's already going to be signed to a contract of some sort very soon, so I'm glad the apparent favourite is gone, opens it up way more.

Gutted Diana didn't get to sing, really hoping she wins. Ruth's 'Knocking on Heavens Door' was awesome :wub:

It was her worst performance by a country mile. She can belt out a song, but as with the Michael Jackson week, her 'quieter' vocals are crap. I dunno whether it is her diction, or just the way she delivers it, she is unbearable until she builds up to belting it out, really.

The voting off was obviously tactical, though.

It was her worst performance by a country mile. She can belt out a song, but as with the Michael Jackson week, her 'quieter' vocals are crap. I dunno whether it is her diction, or just the way she delivers it, she is unbearable until she builds up to belting it out, really.

1. The voting off is always tactical. So gay. I'll rest my case when one week one of them decides to save the person that isn't their own act.

2. I get what you mean with Ruth. On both occasions when she was singing for survival, both songs (Purple Rain and Knocking On Heavens Door) started off rather quietly and it seemed like she was messing them up. It only got good when she started, as you said, belting the songs out.

1. The voting off is always tactical. So gay. I'll rest my case when one week one of them decides to save the person that isn't their own act.

2. I get what you mean with Ruth. On both occasions when she was singing for survival, both songs (Purple Rain and Knocking On Heavens Door) started off rather quietly and it seemed like she was messing them up. It only got good when she started, as you said, belting the songs out.

I was talking about Laura, but the same could be said for Ruth. Although, her Knocking On Heavens Door just had that oomph to it when she got going, whilst Laura doing a quiet song made no sense really.

According to the papers, the voting was "leaked" to contestants and only Eoghan, JLS or Diana are in with any chance of winning.

Please not Eoghan.

The bolded being the most important part. :shifty:

Thing is, that's something I could've made up myself. If you were going to pick three favourites as of now, they'd probably be the three.

Run by Snow Patrol, yes?

Not sure, but hope so. That could be all kinds of awesome.

Also, Diana was good tonight. Not as good as she has been before, but still good. I voted 3 times for her, and it's probably the first time I've ever voted during a reality show. I still think she'll get through though. It'd be a disgrace if she went out now.

As much as I like Ruth, I think she'll be going out with Rachel and Daniel in the next 3 weeks. Dannii has all 3 of her acts left, somehow. I think she'll have 2 left after tonight.

Leona originally sang Run on the Live Lounge on Radio 1 waaay back in 2007. It's mindblowing that someone can have such a flawless live performance.

I'm not particularly fond of anyone this year but if I had to pick a winner I'd go with JLS or Alexandra. They haven't really put a foot wrong and look the part.

I'm switching over to MOTD now but no doubt my girlfriend will text and tell me who's out.

• 2 weeks later...