Official X Factor Season 5 thread.

Guest tiarnantmann

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Diana is that as much as I love her, I think she's someone who's too easy to dislike...nay, hate.

Most of my family absolutely hate her. You read in the paper's about how much people hate her too. In fact, looking on forums etc., you can see there's plenty of people that don't like her. Simon Cowell said back before the live shows started that she's like marmite in that you either love her or hate her. That's pretty much true.

It obviously isn't the only reason why she's gone out, but I just think the other three acts are not as easy to dislike. Even if Owen's smiling is cringeworthy.

That cant be the case, because Owen must be the most hated. I understand what you're saying, but he's cheesehead for christ sake. I'm only wanting him to win now out of spite :shifty:

It's just beyond me as to who votes on these things. It's becoming almost as bad as the Eurovision Song Contest voting wise nowadays, which is terrible. Guess that's life though. I said from the start half of them would get signed anyway, which Diana will do within time, but I just wanted to see her win and have that instant impact. We'll see how things go as time goes by.

Come on Gary from Take That, live up to your word and sign her (Y)

Diana wouldn't be a worthy winner, Alexandra has been the best on the show for weeks now. She's just the best vocalist out there. Eoghan has the massive Ireland vote, I can't see JLS doing anything but for me, Alexandra has to win. She's just... better in every aspect. And I do like Diana, I want to do bad, bad things to her but some of her songs can be shocking.. and just stop with the hand!

Alex should win now, no doubt.

As for the "hand" comment. I personally don't find it annoying, but for the people that do, it can't be any worse than Alex's constant "Thanks :crying: for :crying: voting :crying: it :crying: means :crying: everything :crying: to :crying: me." And that's just on the live shows. She's bawling her eyes out in the video before she sings every single time too.

I just wanted to Diana to win because she's so fit :shifty:

Though I do like her voice as well. JLS will make shit songs if they win, Eoghan is a little cunt and will make some sort of queer shit and I dunno about Alex, she'd probably do some decent songs but she won't be as awesome at ballads as Leona so there's no point in having her around. I'd probably enjoy Diana's music the most. With that said all four of them will end up signed anyway, so yeah. Diana could still be big.

I wanted Diana to win. I like her voice and I'd probably listen to her music over any other of the finalists.

I marked out for the invasion at the end. Kind of reminded me of how RAW used to end every other week about 10 years ago.... something going on, then one person runs in followed by everyone else and mayhem ensues.

Fuck yeah. Now my large bet on Alexandra at 11/2 (I checked...fifty squid) seems like an ace move. If she duets with Beyonce in the final, as planned, she is unstoppable. HELLO MONEY.

Well yesterday, Alexandra was 1/2 odds on favourite to win, and just from watching it, I can't see any other outcome. She is a class above, seriously.

Yeah. I hate it how everyone compares her to Leona. Oh yeah, two black girls, must be the same. Why don't we compare her to Jamelia too? Their voices are really different. Leona does more like pretty pop songs really well (Run, Footprints In The Sand, Bleeding Love) whilst Alexandra could probably belt out a soul classic. I am actually looking forward to hearing her soulful version of Hallelujah.

I can't believe people thought Diana was an outstanding talent. Yeah, she was fit, and could probably be an ace Top Shop model, but the majority of her singing was very bad kareoke. And Eoghan, I just can't explain how he's made it this far. And whilst JLS are good and all, their voices seem a bit bland. And with maybe a Blue reunion coming up, I think Blue would be more successful.

I love how on the show every judge says "VOTE FOR ALEXANDRA" "If it's talent competition, you'd win." Just shows how worried they are that Eoghan will win.

It pisses me off because Alexadra comes out and does classic belting songs and therefor is amazing, yet Diana comes out and does more mellow songs and is apparently average. She's different to anybody to ever be on the show and it's about time there was somebody different gracing the music scene for us. Alexadra? Sorry, but there's a tonne of people out their doing the same shit she'll be doing, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying she's bad, she's clearly a great singer, but I wont be surprised to see her doing the same shit people like Shane Warde did, having that one big number one then bringing out another album, having another possible number one and then slowly fading away within time. Leona is proof that you can find a top talent this way, because she's ten times bigger than anyone ever expected. Just feel Diana was different and by far the best talent in this show, but it's only my opinion. I just don't understand how JLS make it through though, when they've been bland and shit as fuck for weeks now. Yes, they've got massive potential when they start making their own music, but throughout this show they've been by far the biggest let down.

Yeah, I loved Diana in that with make up she was pretty attractive (although I've seen pictures of her looking like a dog which really ruins it) and some of her songs, were good - yeah. But there was some absolute shit in there too, she was far too inconsistent to do anything amazing.

Alexandra has been great from the moment I saw her and I've been pulling for her to win from that point, and it's down to her or JLS at the minute. She's so much better than JLS, but I have a horrible feeling they might win. Thing with JLS is, I don't like them in the slightest, I admit there a good group at times and there's something there and they seem nice enough lads, but.. I just don't like them and I can't figure out why.

Fortunately I think the whole Eoghan/Diana publicity stunt saga has backfired as I'm getting the feeling Eoghan is well hated now which makes me think it's down to Alexandra and JLS. If there's any justice then Alexandra will win but I'm not ruling out JLS taking it to be the first "group" to win. Eoghan has the Irish vote but I think he's getting on everyone's nerves now so I'm hoping he's dug his own grave.

I would like JLS to win tonight. Of course, i never vote and i never buy the single afterwards, so my opinion won't matter for anything. As long as Eoughannougggan doesn't win i'll be happy.