Official X Factor Season 5 thread.

Guest tiarnantmann

I have to say I found Eoghan better in a kinda more higher tempo song like that with Boyzone. And Boyzone weren't overpowering him.

Not like Westlife can do when they walk out with JLS, some of the stuff Westlife are belting out JLS can't keep up with. Westlife sound so different in one line, whereas the little midget from JLS (I can only ever remember him and the one who looks like a downs kid) just sounds the same every time.

Come on Alexandra <_<

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's the Eoghan I remember! I can't say I would have thought the song was any different he was there or not. I really couldn't hear him for much of that song, seemed like there was too much going on.

But with the judge's comments, maybe I just couldn't pick out his voice? :-\

Alex was completely and utterly upstaged by Beyonce, and she just embarrassed herself with what she did afterwords. I was cringing on her behalf.

I am still supporting JLS, i thought their first and third songs were better than the other two's. Second song wasn't as good.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I don't think Alex embarrassed herself at all. If anything her being in complete and total awe in the presence of Beyonce is endearing her to the fans far, far more than being mates with Stevie Wonder ever would.

The way Beyonce can just walk on stage, wrap her arm round her and be so relaxed and still sing like that is mindblowing. Credit to Alex for being able to finish the song, nevermind sound incredible in doing so. It's a farce if she doesn't win.

I think that performance by Alexandra has pretty much cleared any doubts over who the most talented act on the show is right now. I don't think JLS are bad, but if any version of Hallelujah is going to number 1, it should be Alexandra. (Well, assuming Jeff Buckley's or Leonard Cohen's don't make it, although I see Buckley's cover is near the top 40 and could well push up further.)

She's done really well. A bit annoying with the crying, sure, but I guess it probably is quite an emotional thing <_<