When playing games, what else do you do?

Benji

If I've had a game a while and am sick of the commentary/soundtrack, I'll turn the music off in the options and put a CD on or something, but generally, the game takes up the majority of my attention.

Mostly this. If I've played a game enough times to know the dialogue by heart or if I just don't feel like listening to it I'll mute the TV and throw a CD on, but yeah - most of the time, the game takes up the majority of my attention.

If I've had a game a while and am sick of the commentary/soundtrack, I'll turn the music off in the options and put a CD on or something, but generally, the game takes up the majority of my attention.

Same. Especially the generic Smackdown/PES commentary (not that I play either much anymore), but it's just awful. It's the same watching it on TV though, no commentary doesn't feel right while watching wrestling/football, but when commentary just seems old (JR & King) or every commentator is a twatbag (ALL football commentators), you don't want it on.

It's a pain where say I've got some new music and I want to give it a spin, but also am playing a game like Metal Gear or Splinter Cell where the sound is crucial to the game. Those are the main two where I don't listen to music whilst playing now, and GTA:VC & SA, but I've got most of the songs in those 2 games anyway :P.

I usually throw a DVD on the 360 behind me. If its a game I can play comfortably in windowed mode, like FM, then Ill usually browse the web too.

Theres no weirder feeling though, then killing 4 guys in Bullet Time in Max Payne 2 while the Spongebob closing theme is blarinig out behind you.

Browse the net [thanks to my monitor switch making it oh so tempting to switch between the PC and 360 during loading screens and dull cutscenes] and a friend of mine has a nifty portable DVD player that he uses to watch standup comedy or Family Guy.

I can't play a game without music anymore. I have quite a few games that require me to listen to dialogue I haven't finished because I refuse to play them if I can't listen to music. So up until I snapped and destroyed my only controller, I was playing Madden, Fight Night, Tiger Woods, Top Spin, and Midnight Club alot.

Since I play mostly sports games I just throw the TV on split screen and watch TV while I play a franchise or something, but now since the TV remote doesnt work and my laptop is dead I just play the game