Rumoured 3 Way Deal involving Beltran

sahyder1

Bavasi said no deals are near, but rumors are circulating the Red Sox and Royals are trying to entice the Mariners into a three-way trade. Boston would trade pitcher Byung Hyun Kim and, possibly, outfielder Johnny Damon to the Mariners in exchange for pitcher Freddy Garcia and minor league starter Cha Seung Baek.

If the Red Sox could get the Mariners to bite, Garcia would then be shipped to Kansas City, with outfielder Carlos Beltran going to Boston.

The Mariners are known to covet Beltran, but it's clear something has to give or Seattle is going to be cannon fodder for the final 128 games of the season.

It would be a hell of a deal for the Red Sox if it's even remotely true.

Guest The Man They Call Puke

The Red Sox would no doubt be getting the best of this deal, as beltran is a top 10 player in the majors IMO. He does it all.

Guest Wrestlekid

Because Beltran > Damon.

Quoted for emphasis.

As a Yankees fan, I hate the idea of Beltran in Fenway, hopefully the Mariners will stop for a second and realize that they are getting raped.

I don't think it's going to get done...

If it does, he'll be a Red Sock, just beacuse with Damon's contract out, and BK's... plus they wouldn't be spending AS MUCH as they would have with A-Rod, plus they'll get him to stay just in case others don't re-sign (Pedro, Nomar).

Because Beltran > Damon.

I don't see it. Their numbers virtually match up. There are only two differences that are significant. Beltran has the better power, but Damon is the better fielder. Other than that, it's virtually the same guy. (RBI numbers are skewed thanks to placement in the batting order.)

Damon has three years on Beltran, but he's only 31 this season. Plenty of time left.

Seeing as how close they are, I'd stay with the guy that has the great chemistry rather than dig him up and put in someone new there. You only do that for the Alex Rodriquez's and Barry Bonds of baseball. Beltran isn't anywhere near that.

Guest Wrestlekid

Again, as a Yankees fan, A-Rod is just starting to come out of his early slump and is batting like .200. And what has Barry done in the past 2 or 3 weeks? Beltran is consistant, he can hit the deep ball more than Damon, is a better contact hitter than Damon, and even though Damon is slightly better in the field, I would have Beltran on my team ANY time over Damon.

Carlos Beltran is maybe the top young outfielder in the majors and his first seasons have already been compared to the first seasons of Barry Bonds and they are equally matched(Bonds with a few more HR's, Beltran with higher BA) and he is a better player than Damon. I am a Johnny Damon fan, but clearly, Beltran is a better player and I would absoloutly get him if I had the chance...he is one of those guys that has "team leader" all over it

And what has Barry done in the past 2 or 3 weeks?  Beltran is consistant, he can hit the deep ball more than Damon, is a better contact hitter than Damon, and even though Damon is slightly better in the field, I would have Beltran on my team ANY time over Damon.

Name an at-bat in the last 2-3 weeks that Bonds saw more than one strike. Seriously though, what does that have to do with the trade ?

I already said that Beltran had power that Damon doesn't, but Damon still can put out 15-20, and from a leadoff, number 2 guy that's good. Better contact ? Lifetime avgs for both: Beltran .288, Damon .284. Wow, Beltran is way better. Career high avg for Beltran is .307, for Damon it's .347. *cough*

Only slightly better in the field ? Beltran's career FP = .981 Damon's = .990

Career errors for Beltran = 36, Damon = 29, and Damon has played three more seasons. The most errors Damon has made in a season is 6, for Beltran it's 12.

great deal for the sox. Beltran is a great hitter and would add more power to the lineup. an outfeild of Manny, Beltran and Nixon (when he returns) would be one of the best in the league power wise.