NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else getting a lot of disk read errors? I keep trying to edit my pro, for online stuff. And it keeps giving me one :/

Clear your cache on the Xbox.

Go to "memory", then hit "Y" to bring up device options... then put in "x x LB RB x x" and when it asks if that's what you want to do, hit yes.

Then it should start up with no problems.

Lots of people have been experiencing the disc read errors... but the fix is a relatively simple one.

Empty Net goals are killing my plus/minus.

3 of the last 5 games has had my team down by 1 with less than a minute left, and every time, I get shoved out there onto the ice with 5 other guys who play defense like you'd see in special ed, as opposed to the NHL... so I'm skating around like a chicken with my head lobbed off, trying desperately to keep the other team from scoring, and failing, because one man cannot cover five.

Either way, all-star game is coming up, and I'll be pissed if I, the leading rookie scorer and leading d-man in points, gets passed up.

Their bad play makes me seem like a bad goalie. 6 shots, still nothing. But to be fair, the Crunch have 14 shots, and nothing to show.

Edit: FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Edit 2: Lost first game 2-0, then won the next game in the shootout. Stopped 4 bitches. May sound good, but we went up 1-0, I blew it. 2-1, I blew it, and 3-2, I blew it.

Edit 3: We go up 3-2 in the last min, and I fuck up again.

Edit 4: YES! HA! We go up 4-3!

Edit 5: Alright, 3 games, 2 wins as a goalie. It's hard, and can suck when you have no action...but it is different. Still no A rating, only got a B+

Edited by Ruki Kōzuki

Oh yeah... Gaby made it to the all-star game.

I'm digging the alternate all-star uniforms too. Hopefully I don't get picked apart against all these superstars.

EDIT: I was almost invisible out there. I did manage one deliciously awesome assist though, on an Ovechkin goal. He was skating around the net, and I slap-passed it right to the far post, just as he was coming around to tap it in for our only goal of the game.

3-1 loss. Teows dekes Price out of his underwear for the first goal... we score... Iggy gets the puck during a scramble in my zone and roofs it... and then Gaborik finds himself alone on a breakaway to put the icing on the cake before we could even pull our goalie.

Losing never felt so good.

Edited by Gabriel

So I started a be a pro with a LW... I only started on pro and I put up 8 goals in 5 games. How many of you wait till you get put back out though? I mean you have the option to change yourself, I end up clockin' mad minutes. >_<

I think though when I finally get a system and this game I'm gonna play on All-Star. Also, I was a bit disappointed with the logos for create a team this year. I really thought they might put a little improvment in there. I also was kind of hoping Dynasty mode would have a multi-team option, but no big deal it didn't.

I just wait until I am ready to go, fuck the team, it's about me. And I wish I could score 8 goals in 5 games :(

Why, how are you fairing? I started one with a offensive defensmen and I sucked, statistically. I couldn't get shit going like no opportunities would happen. No one tipped a shot or got rebounds. So I started over.

I should mention this one now, I have no assists. But I am rockin the body averaging 6.2 or 6.8 hits a game too, but I take alot of shots. average like 7 a game.

I think I have....12 or 13 points in 11 games. 9 or 10 goals, the rest assists. I just can't seem to score, so I set it to auto aim, maybe that'll change some things. Most goals are empty net, or when I hit the goalie, fly up and land behind him. I have a video of it, jsut can't figure out how to find it.

I have a little over 20 goals and 20 assists as a first pairing defenseman with the Lightning.

It's hard to score points as a d-man, but I find that if you pass the puck around and take your time in the offensive zone, that things will open up. Most of my points come from Slap-passes, tip-ins, rocket shots that beat the goalie, or sneaking into an open area. That all takes time though, and patience.

It also doesn't hurt that most of my time on ice is spent with Lecavalier, Prospal and St. Louis.

As for putting myself out there, I let my coach run the bench, but if my team is playing a shit game, and I haven't made any mistakes, I'll call for changes myself when I'm ready to go... just to try and get something started for my team.

I've been waiting for stoppages when I'm fully rested. Taken more than twice as many faceoffs as anyone else in the AHL, and win about 80% of them.

And one-timer goals off faceoffs are sexy. I've assisted on about four of them now. (Y)

I've been waiting for stoppages when I'm fully rested. Taken more than twice as many faceoffs as anyone else in the AHL, and win about 80% of them.

And one-timer goals off faceoffs are sexy. I've assisted on about four of them now. (Y)

YES YES YES.

I do those in dynasty all the time, always over the shoulder. Don't work all the time, but it is awesome when they do.