NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The regular season has ended during my first year in dynasty.

The Maple Leafs finished 7th in the Eastern Conference, but because of an unusually weak Northeast Division, finished 1st in the division, and are seeded 3rd in the playoffs by default. I just barely managed to hold myself in after finding sliders I feel accurately represent the game.

The Marlies finished 3rd in the AHL's North Division, which places us against 2nd place Syracuse in the first round of the playoffs.

Stat Leaders for my team after year one:

Goals: Nikolai Antropov (26)

Assists: Tomas Kaberle (42)

+/-: Matt Stajan (+22)

PPG: Alex Steen / Nikolai Antropov (8)

GWG: Nikolai Antropov (8)

Of note: Grabovski finished with 19 goals, and Stempniak had 16.

Luke Schenn had a whopping 22 assists to go with a single goal and a very respectable +10 rating.

Grabovski was my most balanced player, with 15 assists added to his total for 34 points.

Vesa Toskala played 74 games and won 39. His GAA was 1.84, but that was due to me having a hard time finding sliders to help get offense from the opposition for awhile. He was closer to the 1.00 mark by the time I found sliders I liked, so I'm hoping next season's numbers are more realistic.

His save percentage though, was fine. 891 for the year.

John Mitchell led the Marlies with 23 goals and 38 points, despite appearing in only 64 games for the AHL team.

Robbie Earl was devastating on the Powerplay, with 6 of his 11 goals coming with the man advantage.

Justin Pogge started 62 of the 80 games, and because of the same issues I had with Toskala, managed a 1.71 GAA, a .900 save percentage, and 14 shutouts.

Tobias Stephan played all of his games for me after I found good sliders, and finished with a 2.47 GAA in the 16 appearances he made.

I still have to go through the playoffs, and I doubt I'll make it far with either team... but I can't wait to get to the off-season and see what my team looks like on opening day for the 09/10 season.

His GAA was 1.84, but that was due to me having a hard time finding sliders to help get offense from the opposition for awhile. He was closer to the 1.00 mark by the time I found sliders I liked, so I'm hoping next season's numbers are more realistic.

Did you find these sliders online? I'm having the same problem myself with the opposition teams not getting any decent offense at all. When the Leafs are beating the Red Wings 4-0 and leading in shots with 42-12...there's something wrong.

His GAA was 1.84, but that was due to me having a hard time finding sliders to help get offense from the opposition for awhile. He was closer to the 1.00 mark by the time I found sliders I liked, so I'm hoping next season's numbers are more realistic.

Did you find these sliders online? I'm having the same problem myself with the opposition teams not getting any decent offense at all. When the Leafs are beating the Red Wings 4-0 and leading in shots with 42-12...there's something wrong.

Make it All Star, decrease speed a little bit, decrease hitting power to zero, increase shot power and accuracy by one each, lower shot blocking by one and increase saucer pass speed to full.

Penalties to full, too.

Something I would be very happy to see in next year's game is the ability to rename your draft picks... like, when you choose a player, it takes you to their profile, where you can rename them and redistribute their attribute points. Of course, you should only be able to make changes that don't raise the player's overall rating.

I think it would go a long way to helping make the Dynasty mode longer lasting for a lot of people. I mean, I just finished my draft and would have loved to be able to edit my picks to be, say... Chris DiDomenico, Ryan Ellis, Jarsolav Janus and John Tavares. Instead, I've got four faceless guys, who I could take or leave, really.

Anyways... my Marlies were eliminated in four straight by Syracuse in the first round. I played every game... it was a slaughterhouse.

The Leafs managed to fight their way to the Cup Finals, but Vancouver went up 3-0 in the series... we won two to prolong it, but in the end, we lost.

Maple Leafs

Niklas Hagman / Jeff Halpern \ Petr Sykora

Jason Blake / Mikhail Grabovski \ Lee Stempniak

Alexei Ponikarovsky / Matt Stajan \ Jamal Mayers

Jiri Tlusty / Dominic Moore \ Alex Steen

Tomas Kaberle / Luke Schenn

Pavel Kubina / Jay Bouwmeester

Mike Van Ryn / Ian White

Vesa Toskala (58)

Justin Pogge (24)

Marlies

Nikolai Kulemin / John Mitchell \ Boyd Devereaux

Jeremy Williams / Darryl Boyce \ Michael Blunden

Keith McEachern / Jamie Lundmark \ Kris Newbury

Sheldon Fast / Andre Deveaux \ Sergey Garkusha

Staffan Kronwall / Brent Sopel

Josef Boumedienne / Jonas Frogren

Jaime Sifers / Anton Stralman

Tobias Stephan (72)

Jacob Markstrom (8)

Guys in bold are additions for the upcoming season.

I've also got Jeff Finger and Brandon Prust as extras on my NHL team.

McEachern, Fast and Garkusha are draft picks, along with defenseman Nolan Clymer, who is a healthy scratch for the Marlies.

The numbers beside the goalies names are the amount of games I want them to play throughout the season.

I let Nikolai Antropov go to Free Agency, where he signed with the Edmonton Oilers. He was the only one of my guys who left, who signed anywhere. When I was re-signing my free agents, I came to a point where I had to decide between letting Grabovski go and keeping Antropov... or the other way around. I went with Grabovski, who wanted a million and a half less, and 2 years more on his deal. I signed Grabovski as my future centerpiece for 5 years at $2.25 million a year. I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out.

Man, fuck BAP as a goalie. Ok, yeah, I conceded 3 off 17 against Iowa and we lost 3-0, but a. that's the least goals I've conceded in a game so far (shut up <_<) and b. Lake Erie had 33 fucking shots and converted none, even with 5 powerplay opportunities, 2 of which were 5-on-3, don't be blaming the goalie with your "we will not tolerate losing :@" progress reports.

Also, how do you cover the puck as a goalie? I'm sick of letting goals in where I save and the rebound spills a foot or so in front and it just gets poked past me, I can't seem to just flop down on it.

hey guys i've been around these boards for a while now but i don't post very often.

If you are looking for another guy for any sort of online play or anything feel free to add me Josh2626 (xbox).

I'm not spectactular or anything though so just keep that in mind.

I need to get my Live sorted out. But since EASHL seems to have dropped I haven't rushed otu to get it, plus with PES broken that resigns me to one game now so I don't have that urgency to go get it really. When I get it i'll be up for it though, I enjoy getting my moneys worth.