Holy Fucking Suprise, Kid Rock Wasn't Sick On Download Day?

K

WHODA THUNK IT?!

Kid Rock has finally revealed the reason that he cancelled his performance at this summer's Download...and it's not the reason that the promoters gave out on the day.

Speaking to The Daily Star, the 'Kid told the following story: "They treated me like a fuck. There was just one trailer for my whole band. We had no water, no bathroom, no rider."

"The final straw was when they wouldn't give my crew any food or drinks vouchers."

"I called the promoter and told him he had two hours to get it sorted or I was out. They did nothing so I visited the promoter's office, took a piss on his couch and left."

Rock then also said that he wandered the streets of Birmingham looking for a movie to watch when he was supposed to be onstage at Donington.

Kid Rock is currently sat at number 3 in the UK singles chart with 'All Summer Long'.

WELL I AM VERY SHOCKED THAT KID ROCK WAS NOT ILL, IT WAS A CONVINCING STORY AND I WAS CONCERNED FOR MR ROCKS WELFARE. I WROTE HIM A CARD AND SENT HIM A BASKET OF KITTENS AND A STUFFED MUFFIN, ALONG WITH A NICE CARD FROM HALLMARK.

Haha, the idea of Kid Rock wandering around the Bull Ring.

Still, what a knob, you've been paid your money, perform your fucking show.

Haha, the idea of Kid Rock wandering around the Bull Ring.

Still, what a knob, you've been paid your money, perform your fucking show.

It's not just about money though. I'm not a Kid Rock fan, but I understand where he's coming from. You have an agreement with the promoter of the show for certain amenities that are not finance related... if the promoter fails to live up to the deal, why should the performer honor a contract that's already been broken?

From what I understand, he's a cool enough guy, so he'll be back to perform there on his own at some point, to make up for it... but a broken contract is a broken contract. When one party breaks it, the other has no obligation to uphold their end.

Someone coole just would have remembert the promoters name and never worked for him again (or sued him aswell becaus there must have been some kind of contract) but still played for his fans waiting in the open air dirt.

But what do you expect from this guy. ^^

I'm a Kid Rock fan, hugely actually, and even if I wasn't I would still understand where he was coming from. I remember when I worked Warped Tour summer before last (Lucky 13) Kevin was running around like a chicken with his head cut off to make sure everything was beyond perfect for every band, even bands no one knew. It's hard work, but live up to what you offer.