WCW 1999, The Wrestling Suicide Way

Steve Corino: Thanks! I will do my best to keep giving you guys good storylines. :) And let's not forget about the power struggle that's drawing near! ;)

Luca Blight: I had debated wether to do Thunder or Saturday Night, but in the end I decided not to, since I wanted to devote time for the main show. :) Thanks!

Renegade: Roger that! I'll keep on using my old font then! Thanks for reading! Hope to hear from you more!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Nitro... added the ratings etc. etc., just checking out if you guys want it with or without them. :)

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

May 10, 1999

St. Louis, Missouri

The show begins with a shot of the WCW World Heavyweight Title belt on the center of the screen. It is on top of new WCW Commissioner Michael Sanders' desk. Tony Schiavone is on the mic and goes into detail about the Countdown Melee that happened last week. That match was won by Raven and Bret Hart after DDP was eliminated by both men. Tony then says that the Commisioner has something to say regarding the Countdown Melee.

~

Sanders looks straight into the camera, and has a serious face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight... we are going to crown a brand new WCW World Heavyweight Champion. It will be between two men, who proved themselves by being the last two men inside the ring after the Countdown Melee ended. Those two men are Raven... (the crowd boos)... and Bret "The Hitman" Hart... (the crowd cheers). I wish both of luck to both men tonight."

Sanders pauses before continuing.

"What I would like to talk about tonight, however, is the apparent no-show of Sting last week at the Countdown Melee. Eric Bischoff had chosen Sting as a representative of the nWo... and apparently someone had orchestrated an attack on Sting to prevent him from making it to the Countdown Melee. Security Cameras backstage were able to capture footage of the assailants as they assaulted Sting last week."

The black-and-white security camera footage is then shown. Sting is getting ready for the match backstage, he walks off-camera and then we hear a door bursting open, voices shouting, and the sounds of a beating. Sting is then throw into the wall right into the view of the camera, he is down and pretty much out, although conscious. His assailants never come into the view of the camera. The footage ends. Mike Sanders returns into view, and he speaks.

"As a result of that brutal attack, Sting will not be here tonight. He WILL return next week, and he WILL find and face the men responsible for that heinous attack! (crowd cheers) And so, ladies and gentlemen, we have a championship match tonight... enjoy your evening."

Crowd: 79

~

Kamikaze vs. Mikey Whipwreck & Psycosis

Rematch from last week. Whipwreck and Psycosis are looking for some payback after losing to the new guys. They gave the same effort as last week's match, just a bit toned down. Whipwreck and Psycosis took control for most of the match, leading the crowd into what could be a big face win. Akiyama ends this, however, as he hits Exploders on Whipwreck and Psycosis from out of nowhere. Shinzaki nails a senton-bomb on Psycosis to grab the pinfall victory for the Japanese tag team.

Winners: Kamikaze via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***1/4

Crowd: 53

Workrate: 91

Overall: 72

~

Mike Tenay is backstage with Chris Jericho. Tenay asks Chris about Booker T quitting a couple of weeks ago, and how he felt about that, seeing as they were former tag champs, and were involved in a big feud as of late. Jericho seems to be a bit irritated at the mention of Booker's name, and replies.

"I thought this interview was going to be about ME. Chris Jericho? You don't drag me out into this cheap interview set, on my own show... MONDAY NIGHT... JERICHOOOO... and ask me questions about somebody else... someone who is clearly inferior to me!"

Tenay apologizes, but Jericho cuts him off.

"But since you brought up the topic, what Booker T did only confirms what I thought of him all along. Booker T can't hold a candle to Chris Jericho! He ain't nothing compared to me! He's a quitter, he's a sham, he's a pathetic excuse for a wrestler! I carried his sorry butt to the tag team titles! I think he should just go around, be a bouncer for some seedy nightclub... or go handle security for Wal-Mart or something... because quite frankly, he isn't cut out to be a wrestler! He isn't cut out to be LIKE JERICHO! And if you've got nothing better to ask me, Tenay, then this interview is over!"

Jericho storms off, ending this segment.

Crowd: 86

~

Chavo Guerrero vs. Juventud Guerrera

Chavo and Juvy have a great lucha match, Chavo played a great face, while Juvi the hated heel, and they clicked instantly. Great match psychology and a solid combination of moves lent a lot to giving the crowd a fun match. Juvy cheats his way to win via a low blow that the ref doesn't see. He quickly rolls up Chavo and grabs the pinfall.

Winner: Juventud Guerrera via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***3/4

Crowd: 79

Workrate: 90

Overall: 84

~

Ric Flair's music starts playing, the crowd starts booing. Flair walks out with The Alliance behind him. Everyone's there, Bigelow, Giant, Kanyon, Guerrero, Jericho, Page and Arn Anderson. They all enter the ring, and Flair produces a microphone from underneath his coat jacket.

"You people should ask yourself... why... why in God's green earth is The Alliance in the ring tonight? Why oh why is this fine stable of incomparable wrestlers here? You've got the Tag Champs, the biggest man in this business today... The Giant, and the beast from the east, Bam Bam Bigelow! You've got the Cruiserweight Champ, the greatest luchadore in WCW... no... in the WORLD, Eddie Guerrero! You've got one of the fastest rising stars in WCW today, Chris Jericho! You've got the man who just recently... BEAT Bret Hart in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3... Kanyon! The US Champion, the man who sould be fighting for the World Title Tonight... Diamond Dallas Page! The Enforcer, Arn Anderson! And WHOOO! THA' MAN! THA' NAITCHA' BOY! WHOOO! This IS the BEST that the wrestling WORLD has to offer! WHOOO! And tonight... TONIGHT... we add ONE MORE to our ranks!!! The man responsible for the downfall of STING... the man responsible for last week's ingenious BEATDOWN of the STINGER..."

Flair waves his hand towards the entranceway.

"... I give you the newest member of the Alliance... LEX LUGER!"

Luger's music starts playing. And out walks Lex, wearing a white shirt and jeans walks towards the ring. The Alliance members all clap their hands at their new stable-mate. The crowd starts booing. Luger steps into the ring and shakes Flair's hand. Flair hands the mic over to Luger.

"Thanks Ric. I am PROUD to be a member of The Alliance."

The fans keep on booing. Luger goes on.

"Yeah, I admit it. I orchestrated that assault on Sting last week. That was me. That was me... and Bam Bam... and The Giant... and Kanyon... and Guerrero... and Jericho... and Page... and Double A... and Ric Flair! We beat Sting to within an inch of his life last week! I've got nothing to hide, and I certainly ain't afraid of the Stinger! I've got The Alliance to back me up, I've got the NATURE BOY by my side, and frankly... Stinger, if you want me... why don't you COME AND GET ME!? Now, I think it's about time my opponent came out, right now... so I can get this beat-down over with!"

Luger throws the mic away, and flexes to the disdain of the crowd. The Alliance clears the ring, and they all wait at ringside for Luger's opponent tonight.

Crowd: 78

~

Lex Luger vs. Billy Kidman

Billy Kidman walks out, ready for this challenge tonight. Unfortunately, Luger made a complete example of Kidman, hitting him with an arsenal of power moves before finishing him off with a running forearm and the Torture Rack to grab the win. Luger spits at the fallen Kidman for good measure, as he continues t taunt this crowd. Flair and The Alliance clap their hands at ringside, as Luger continues to flex just to piss the crowd off.

Winner: Lex Luger via Pinfall

Match Rating: **

Crowd: 76

Workrate: 73

Overall: 75

~

Mike Sanders is backstage, and he catches the revelation of Flair and Luger from a small monitor. His face is one of concern, he's probably thinking of a way to derail Flair's big plans for WCW. He is interrupted however, by the arrival of Disco Inferno. Inferno quickly talks to him.

"Heya Commish. I just want to say, thanks for the opportunity you gave me last week. I certainly appreciate it. I haven't gotten much of a chance to perform ever since Ric Flair took over, and last week was definitely a breath of fresh air."

"Don't worry, Disco. I think you've got the potential to be one of the greats. But you've got to learn to harness that potential. The entire disco routine is getting tired... and maybe you could do well with a change. Tell you what, come up with something that could light your career on fire, and I'll give you the spotlight to showcase your talents."

"Wow. Really? Thanks Commish! I'll think about it!"

"No problem. No problem at all."

Crowd: 77

~

Konnan vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Konnan is out first, followed by Bigelow, who is accompanied by his tag-partner and co-champ, The Giant. Decent enough match that had Konnan and Bigelow work their asses off to provide a good brawl for the fans. The ref lost control, however when Konnan was about to defeat Bigelow with the Tequila Sunrise, and the Giant just burst into the ring and started decimating Konnan. The two heels had their way with Konnan until Kevin Nash came out from backstage and joined in on the fight! Nash and Konnan soon have the Tag Champs reeling! The fans go wild as Nash and Konnan stand in the middle of the ring goading their opponents on!

Winner: Konnan via DQ

Match Rating: **3/4

Crowd: 78

Workrate: 80

Overall: 79

~

Mike Tenay is backstage with Raven, who seems to be ready for the championship match tonight. Tenay asks Raven if he has any reservations about stepping into the ring with Bret Hart. Raven answers in his usual non-chalant mocking way.

"I told you from the beginning. I told all you people from day one... this is Raven's time. It's MY time... my time to shine... my time to rise to the top of WCW. When I said that I would take out Sting... nobody... NOBODY... took me seriously. When I said I would be able to beat Sting inside a STEEL CAGE... nobody... NOBODY... believed. I took out Sting, I beat him inside a steel cage, I brought your hero down, and used him as a stepping stone into greater things."

Raven pauses, and the crowd boos.

"As I have done with Sting, so shall I do with Bret Hart. The Hitman. Adored by millions. Undoubtedly one of the biggest stars in the entire wrestling world. And tonight, it is befitting that the Hitman falls to Raven, that the Hitman falls to ME. I am a few moments away from the top of the mountain... I'm only a few moments away from reaching the pinnacle... the highest peak of WCW... the World Heavyweight Championship. I ask you people once again, WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!? After the night is over... it is going to be... ALL... ABOUT... RAVEN! Quote the Raven, NEVERMORE!"

Raven storms out and ends the interview.

Crowd: 83

~

In another set backstage, Mean Gene Okerlund is with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Okerlunds asks Bret about his thoughts regarding Raven tonight, and if he feels that Raven is going to be a tough opponent. Bret thinks for a moment, before answering.

"Without a shadow of a doubt, Raven is probably one of the hottest superstars in the WCW today. He beat Sting in a bloody war that culminated in a Steel Cage match that Raven survived. There's no doubt that Raven's probably the most saddistic individual in the WCW. And I know that Raven's coming out there, and that he won't be holding anything back against The Hitman tonight!"

Bret shifts into a second gear, talking faster and louder.

"But if you think that I'm going to just roll over and die, then you've got another thing coming, Raven. You might've been in a war with Sting, but I've been in wars before... and I've survived each and every single time. The biggest question that you're going to have to ask yourself, Raven, isn't "What about you"... no, no, no... the biggest question you're going to have to ask yourself... is "Can you take on the Excellence of Execution!?". For the past couple of months, I've worked my butt off to get to where I'm at right now. I'm going walk into that ring, and BEAT you Raven. And after the smoke is all clear, I will show you why they call me THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, and the BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. I'm walking out of St. Louis... WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!"

The crowd cheers as Bret walks out and heads to the ring.

Crowd: 93

~

::World Heavyweight Championship Match::

Bret Hart vs. Raven

This match is scheduled for one fall, no time limit, and is for the VACANT WCW World Heavyweight Title! Raven and the Hitman each get their introductions, and get a great reaction from the crowd. As the two competitors stand in the middle of the ring, referee Charles Robinson raises the World Title up in the air for the entire crowd to see. The fans just cheer out loud as Bret and Raven get into a big staredown as the match starts.

Out of nowhere, Raven throws a right hand! But it's blocked by Bret! Bret throws a right hand of his own, and THAT knocks Raven down, HARD! Raven is quick to get up, and Bret knocks him down again! Raven gets up once more, and Bret hits ANOTHER punch! Raven stays down this time, holding his jaw. Bret quickly goes on the attack, pulling Raven up by the hair and throwing him towards the ropes. Clothesline from the Hitman! Bret quickly goes after Raven and applies an overhead hammerlock. After a few moments, Bret allows Raven to stand, and then switches from the hammerlock into a standing wristlock. Bret hammers down on Raven's arm with a couple of solid fists. Raven winces in pain. Bret switches from the wristlock into a regular hammerlock.

After several moments, Raven reverses the move into a hammerlock of his own! He gives Bret no time to recover, however, and he starts pounding forearms into the Hitman's lower back! Raven grabs Bret from behind... and hits a GERMAN SUPLEX! Raven is quick to cover! One...two... and Bret kicks out. Raven gets up and starts raining down elbow drops, about five straight. Raven grabs the Hitman and throws him into a turnbuckle... Bret hits it full-force, chest-first!!! Bret doubles over in pain as Raven lets out a saddistic smile. Raven starts kicking Bret on the mat, stomping at his chest. Raven grabs Bret, Pulls him up, and hits a BELLY-TO-BELLY! That just might end it, The Hitman's chest really cant take this much punishment. Raven covers... One... two... and Bret Kicks out again! Raven can't believe it, and he covers one more time. He gets another two count, as Bret digs deep inside to kick out of that pinning predicament! Raven thinks for a while... and he decides to climb up the ropes! Raven is at the top, while Bret is on his knees... Raven dives, attempting a flying sledgehammer... but Bret counters with a swift punch to Raven's gut! Raven hits the mat in pain, but still on his feet! Bret runs at him with a clothesline, and they both topple over the ropes and spill out into ringside!

Both men start exchanging punches at ringside. Bret finally gains the advantage, and he throws Raven into the steel steps! Raven goes down HARD! Bret grabs Raven and rolls him back into the ring. He goes into the ring as well, and starts working on Raven's legs. He grabs one of Raven's legs and starts kicking the hamstring! Bret is calculating and methodical as he continues to attack Raven's leg. Bret applies a standing leg-lock, and lets it sit there for a few moments, having Raven wince in pain. Bret grabs Raven, and throws him to the ropes, Raven reverses ever so painfully, and Bret bounces off the ropes, but counters into a crucifix! Raven is down! One...two... no! Raven kicks out! Bret throws Raven into the ropes, and hits Raven with a fist to the gut. The Hitman follows up by running across the ropes and hitting a BULLDOG! Bret goes after Raven... he sets him up, and hits a side-russian legsweep! Bret picks him up, and hits a backbreaker! Bret climbs up the 2nd turnbuckle, and lets fly with an ELBOW DROP! Bret's singnalling for it! He goes on to grab Raven's legs... but Raven kicks his way out, knocking the Hitman back!

Raven stands up and quickly goes on the offensive! He lets loose with hard forearms and fists, driving Bret into a corner! Raven unleashes several hard rights and lefts before grabbing Bret by the hair and tossing him from the corner into the mat! The ref admonishes Ravem but he smells blood! Raven grabs Bret, and gets ready to deliver the EVENFLOW! He runs his thumbs across his throat to signal things as being over! Raven goes for it, but is suddenly on his back!

Bret's grabbed Raven's legs from under him! Bret locks in the Sharpshooter! Raven is in PAIN! SEVERE PAIN! Raven tries crawling out to grab the ropes, but he's too far! Bret applies more pressure! And Raven is nearly in tears! Raven finally nods his head to the referee! Charles Robinson has the bell rung! The crowd explodes! BRET WINS! BRET WINS! The Hitman wins! NEW CHAMP! Bret Hart won the TITLE! Bret lets go of the devastating hold, and slowly gets up! Raven grimaces in pain as he rolls out of the ring. Bret is handed the World Title by Charles Robinson! Bret Hart has won the World Title! He raises his hands and the World Title, and the crowd gives him a standing ovation! Robinson attaches the belt around Bret's waist, and the Hitman climbs all four turnbuckles in celebration! Confetti starts raining down from the rafters, as new champ has been crowned tonight!

Winner: Bret Hart via Submission

Match Rating: ****

Crowd: 89

Workrate: 92

Overall: 90

Overall Show Rating: 82

Nitro TV Rating: 6.88

RAW TV Rating: 7.36

Edited by wrestlingsuicide

Very good Nitro, I'm glad Bret won as even though Raven has had a lot of buildup, I think he needs a bit more to be seen as a true championship contender, and it would seem rather odd with him as champion for the time being. I also liked the little angle you did with Sanders and Disco, nice touch there.

EDIT:

One more suggestion, praps you should put some info in ur sig about the diary to get more readers, like a drop down box of title holders or drop down box with the next ppv card or something, just a thought.

Edited by Renegade

Guest themachine

This is a great diary. I loved that period (mainly because it was right around when the great game WCW/NWO Revenge came out), and you're doing a great job of it. It's realistic even though it's way more interesting than what WCW was really putting out during that period.

Push Raven!

kempay: Everyone loves Raven now, don't they? :P

VA Finest: That's one of the hardest feuds I've booked because I do not write Booker T very well, expect me to try my best and put some life into it in the next shows.

Renegade: Sanders is having a hard transition since he was thrust into the spotlight too early, expect to see him get more comfortable in his role, though. And I might do the drop-down box thing... but isn't everyone doing that already? :)

the wall breaker: thanks! :) Much appreciated dude!

the machine: ha. thanks! push raven? push raven? hmmm... i don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Two weeks away from Slamboree... elt's make this interesting by putting up a better Nitro than last week, ok? How about a Nitro with a Match of the Year candidate? You like? Good. :)

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

May 17, 1999

Stegeman Colisseum

Athens, Georgia

Nitro opens with a recap of last week's Championship Match between Raven and Bret Hart. Tony Schiavone gives us a rundown of tonight's line-up. Rey and Chavo will be taking on Jericho and Eddie in tag action. Mikey Whipwreck gets a shot at he TV Title against the champ Curt Hennig. Sting returns tonight, and will be on the mic! And Bret Hart will be out here to celebrate his title win last week! It's going to be a very interesting Nitro indeed!

Jun Akiyama vs. Saturn

Opening match. Akiyama came out with his tag partner, Jinsei Shinzaki. Good wrestling match between these two, Saturn playing well off of Akiyama. It seems that they complement each other well. Saturn was on a roll, giving Akiyama a hard time, until Shinzaki decided to step into the picture. He hit Saturn with a swift blow to the kidneys while the ref wasn't looking, allowing Akiyama to deliver the "Exploder" on Saturn. Akiyama remains undefeated tonight with the pinfall win.

Winner: Jun Akiyama via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***

Crowd: 66

Workrate: 86

Overall: 76

~

Coming off the break, Bret Hart's music starts playing. The fans erupt into cheer, and out walks the Hitman with the WCW Title on his shoulder! Bret's got his trademark black jacket and his pink shades on, as he heads down the aisle. He shakes hands with several fans before climbing up the steel steps and stepping into the ring. Bret then climbs all four turnbuckles in succession, raising the World Title for everyone to see. As soon as the crowd's cheering dies down, Bret is handed a microphone by a stagehand at ringside.

"You know what? It feels damn good to be YOUR WCW World Heavyweight Champion!"

This sends the crowd into a frenzy again! Bret smiles as he soaks it all in.

"It feels damn good to be vindicated after months of being screwed around by Ric Flair and his Alliance. I won't lie, last week was a battle... it was a complete fight to the death... and Raven was no pushover. I went into that Championship Match wih my heart set on winning, I went in there with all the marbles, and I came out on top. I proved once again why I am called the Excellence of Execution, why I am the BEST there is, the BEST there was, and the BEST there ever will be! After the smoke cleared and everything was set and done, I stood there, the CHAMP!"

The crowd cheers once again.

"I'm going to say this right here, right now... I am a fighting champion, and I WILL defend this title night in and night out if required. I will show any and all challengers what the Pink and Black Attack is all about. I will show them what the Excellence of Execution is all about, I'm going to show them why I AM the World Heavyw-"

At that moment, someone else's music cuts off the Hitman. "K-K-K-K-KAAAANYOOON!", Kanyon walks out and is immediately booed by the fans! Bret puts his gameface on as Kanyon walks down the aisle. Kanyon's face is balled up into a mean scowl as he produces a microphone from underneath his jacket.

"Well, well, well, champ. Seems like you've done yourself good. You beat Raven, so what? Anyone can beat Raven! The fact of the matter is, I beat YOU Hitman. I beat YOU in the middle of THAT ring, ONE, TWO, THREE! You say you're a fighting champion? Well then, why don't you prove it. I am challenging you here TONIGHT, one on one.... for the World Heavyweight Title!"

Bret is quick to reply.

"Kanyon, yeah, you beat me... you pinned my shoulders on the mat for the three.There's no denying that fact. And you know what? I've been itching to get even. You want a title shot tonight? You just got it!"

Kanyon smiles.

"You can kiss that title goodbye, Bret! I'll be seeing you later, Hitman!"

Kanyon drops the mic onto the ramp and backpedals his way back. He remains in eye-contact with Bret, a small staredown before Kanyon completely leaves the entranceway.

The fans cheer at the fact that they're getting a championship match tonight! Schiavone says that Kanyon has nothing to lose and everything to gain tonight! It might not have been wise for the Hitman to accept a challenge one week removed from winning the World Title!

Crowd: 87

~

:TV Title Match:

Curt Hennig vs. Mikey Whipwreck

Whipwreck gets a shot at the TV Title tonight, and it looked like a solid match on paper. reality, however, is completely different. Hennig and Whipwreck were mediocre inside the ring, and the crowd was just not into this one. Hennig retains the TV Title via a Hennigplex and pinfall.

Winner: Curt Hennig via Pinfall

Rating: *1/2

Crowd: 65

Workrate: 71

Overall: 68

~

Chris Jericho is backstage with Mike Tenay. Tenay asks Jericho about tonight's tag match, if he thinks that he and Eddie will be able to beat Rey and Chavo in their tag match. Jericho goes off, irritated by Mike Tenay's question.

"What kind of question is that? Pshhh. Mike Tenay, you are without a doubt the biggest clown I have ever met. Of course me and Eddie are going to win tonight! Tonight you're going to see what TAG TEAM wrestling is all about!"

Tenay then mentions that his former partner, Booker T knew all about tag team wrestling, being a tag champ multiple times in the course of his career. This pisses Jericho off COMPLETELY!

"OH... MY... GOD. Mike Tenay, I apologize. you are NOT the biggest clown I have ever met. You are the biggest ASSCLOWN i have ever met!!! You have the audacity to mention Booker T's name in the same sentence with mine! Booker T is nothing, he's a nobody, he's no champ, he's no wrestler, he's NOTHING. I don't know why I'm even wasting my time giving you interviews when you can't even ask the right questions! I won't waste my spit in this stupid conversation... just wacth me and Eddie beat the living googamooga out of Mysterio and Chavo tonight!"

Jericho storms off the set.

Crowd: 90

~

Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho & Eddie Guerrero

Great match, highlighted by the fast pace and excellent psychology of all four wrestlers involved. Jericho and Eddie were on top for the better part of the match, giving Rey and Chavo the beating of their lives. Jericho soon gets cocky and overconfident, toying with Rey Mysterio for a while. Rey and Chavo rally, and they rally hard. Rey hits a couple of 'ranas while Chavo nails his uncle with a solid dropkick to the face. Jericho finds himself on the receiving end of a 'rana and a frog splash, that eventually leads to them losing the match. Rey and Chavo celebrate while Jericho and Eddie leave the ring, dejected and frustrated.

Winners: Rey Mysterio & Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

Rating: ****3/4

Crowd: 85

Workrate: 100

Overall: 92

~

Back from the commercial break... "Wolfpack is back, causing mass destruction..." the nWo Wolfpack theme starts playing, and out walks Kevin Nash and Konnan. The fans cheer as the two nWo stars make their way down the aisle. Konnan whips out a microphone and starts talking.

"ORA LE! Wolfpack IN DA HOUSE! The K-O-double-N-A-N is speaking right here, so y'all betta' listen up! My main man, Big Sexy's got something to say, so y'all betta' listen!"

He hands the mic over to Kevin Nash.

"Thanks K-Dogg. Now... I guess you all know why we're here, and I guess you all know who I'm about to introduce. So I won't delay it much longer... you wanted him back? Here he is... STIIIINGGGGG!!!"

"Enter Sandman" starts playing, the lights dim and the fans go insane. Sting steps out into the entranceway. He's wearing his hair into a ponytail, it's a bit longer now. He's got a pair of shades on, a black trenchcoat, a black shirt, a pair of jeans and black wrestling boots. Sting climbs into the ring and shakes hands with Nash and Konnan. Nash hands him the microphone. The crowd continues to cheer Sting, who has been gone since his Cage match with Raven at Spring Stampede.

"It's funny how your true enemies reveal themselves to you at the most inopportune moments. I should've known that Lex Luger would turn his back on the nWo, that Lex Luger would turn his back on WCW, and more importantly, that Lex Luger would turn his back on me. He goes ahead and decides to join the one faction that put him in the hospital in the first place."

Sting removes his shades.

"You want to make an enemy out of me, Lex? Go ahead. You and Flair can run around WCW like you own the place. The Alliance's time is running out. After robbing me of my victory against Raven at Spring Stampede, you had me beaten up two weeks ago, Lex. You had your goons in The Alliance take me out while I wasn't looking. Well, now my eyes are wide open and I'm ready for anything that you want to throw at me. You may think you know me, Lex, but I assure you... you don't know STING. You don't know what I can do, Lex, you don't know just how DANGEROUS it is to PISS ME OFF! You aren't ready for me, Lex, you're aren't ready for a FATAL ENCOUNTER WITH THE STINGER! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!"

The fans cheer.

Crowd: 89

~

The Alliance's music starts playing. Out walks Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, The Giant and Bam Bam Bigelow. Sting just stares a hole into Flair and Luger. Nash and Konnan stand side-by-side with Sting, ready for a fight. Flair produces a microphone from underneath his suit.

"Stinger! Stinger! You have the nerve to say that The Alliance... MY Alliance's time will be up!? I'll tell you what... you, Nash and Konnan don't have what it takes to take us DOWN! I singlehandedly destroyed... DESTROYED... the nWo! It was me, THE NAITCHA BOY! I took care of Savage! I took care of Hogan! And sooner or later, I will take care of YOU. I will take care of YOU Konnan! I will take care of YOU Nash! I will take care of YOU Stinger! The Alliance is HERE TO STAY! It is here to STAY! WHOOOOO!"

The fans boo.

"But for now... for now, I'm going to hand you on a silver platter to THIS MAN, right here... THE MAN OF THE HOUR! He is POWER AND GRACE personified! LEX LUGER!"

Flair hands the microphone over to Lex.

"Stinger! You say that I don't know you? Who spent time with you, up and down the road? Who was there day in and day out when we were just starting out in this business? You're wrong Sting... I know you... I know you better than you know yourself! If there's one man in WCW who can get into your head, it's me. If there's one man in WCW who can bring you down, Stinger, it's me, and with the Alliance behind me all the way, we're burying you, and the Wolfpack six-feet under!!!"

Crowd: 86

~

The NitroVision screen lights up, it's Commissioner Michael Sanders sitting behind his desk! Sanders quickly speaks.

"Well then Lex, why don't we put that in writing? Because at Slamboree, it's going to be The Alliance, represented by you, The Giant and Bam Bam Bigelow... against The nWo Wolfpack... Sting, Kevin Nash and Konnan... in a SIX-MAN tag-team match!"

Luger's face goes from cocky to worried. Ric Flair goes off.

"Damnit! Damnit! Sanders! You can't do that! I call the shots! I call the shots around here! You can't do that!"

Sanders smiles.

"I can, Ric. And I will. In fact, you shouldn't worry about your boys having a match on Slamboree... because TONIGHT, The Giant and Bam Bam Bigelow will have to defend the Tag Team titles against Kevin Nash and Konnan!!!"

The fans cheer. Flair goes ballistic even more. Nash and Konnan smile as they look on at their opponents. Sting just keeps on staring down Luger. Sanders continues.

"Oh, and Ric, I'd suggest that you get in shape... because at Slamboree YOU are going to be in a match... a one-on-one match, with an opponent of MY choosing. Have a great night!"

Flair's eyes widen, and he starts jumping around, crazy-like.

"WHO!? WHO!? ANSWER ME, DAMNIT! WHO!?"

Sanders just lets out a smile. And the NitroVision flickers off.

Crowd: 68

~

:Tag Team Title Match:

Kevin Nash & Konnan vs. The Giant & Bam Bam Bigelow

Coming back from the break, the match is already underway. Konnan and Bigelow are inside the ring, slugging it out. Luger and Sting are on opposite sides at ringside, supporting their own stablemates. Decent match overall, Nash and Konnan had a couple of winning opportunities, but The Giant and Bigelow were able to rally and take control. After spending several minutes being attacked by both The Giant and Bigelow, Konnan tags in Nash and he cleans house. Nash clears the ring of The Giant and hits a JackKnife on Bigelow! Luger is quick to react however, and immediately jumps in, attacking Nash! The ref has the bell rung, and Sting jumps in on the fray as well! Nash and Konnan win via DQ, but they don't win the Tag Titles, all six men are brawling! The faces soon clear the heels out, Luger and his teammates soon slowly hightail it backstage. Sting wants Luger so bad, and he starts pointing at his opponent down the ramp! The fans cheer as Nash, Sting and Konnan stand in the ring.

Winner: Kevin Nash & Konnan via DQ

Rating: **1/4

Crowd: 82

Overall: 79

~

Coming back from the break, Diamond Dallas Page is in the middle of the ring. He's got the US title wrapped around his waist. the fans are booing him as he raises the microphone in his hand to speak.

"I've got a problem. See, I've been the U.S. Champion for a long time now. And so far, noone's been up to the challenge of taking this U.S. Title away from my waist. NOBODY, nobody has the guts to step into this ring with me, D-D-P! Come on? ANYONE? Anyone backstage!? Anyone at all!? Noone? Jeez. Yoe're all monkey-boys! Hogan? Savage? Pshhh. This show's run by The Alliance... this show's run by Flair... this show's run by ME, Diamond Dallas Page! I'm laying down an open challenge to ANYONE, ANYONE who thinks they've got what it takes to win the U.S. Championship from me, show up at Slamboree, and bring what you've got to the table! I'll make sure you feel THA' BANG!!!"

DDP drops the mic and leaves, with the crowd booing him out of the ring.

Crowd: 88

~

:World Title Match:

Bret Hart vs. Kanyon

Kanyon is introduced first, he receives the boos from the crowd. Bret comes out next, to a very big ovation. The Hitman parades the turnbuckles before relinquishing the title to the referee.

Staredown to start the match. Kanyon slaps Bret, HARD! Bret quickly goes for a takedown after that, and they toss and tumble. Kanyon quickly goes to the ropes, which forces Bret to let go.

Collar and elbow tie-up, and Kanyon grabs Bret's head, putting him into a side-headlock. Bret tries to fight out, but Kanyon holds on. Bret goes over to the ropes, and tries to bounce Kanyon off, but is unable to shake him away. Kanyon locks in tighter, bringing Bret to a knee. Kanyon applies more pressure. Bret digs deep and hits a backdrop suplex!

Bret slowly gets up as Kanyon regains his wits. Kanyon charges into the Hitman, and Bret counters with an armdrag! They both get up, Kanyon runs again, and the Hitman hits another armdrag! This time Bret holds on, into a modified armbar. Kanyon winces in pain. Bret moves from this into a hammerlock, and then goes into a side-headlock of his own. This time it's Bret's turn to put in the pressure. Kanyon gets up slowly, to a knee, and then pushes bret into a corner. Kanyon tries to throw the Hitman off, but Hart just holds on and drags him back down into the mat. Bret winds up more. Kanyon gets up again, this time taking a page out of Bret's book and hits a backdrop suplex of his own! That releases the hold!

Both men get up. Kanyon goes for a punch, but Bret ducks! Bret then unleashes the HARDEST gut punch in the history of WCW! Kanyon doubles over in pain! Bret goes for a DDT and connects! Bret covers and gets a two. He drags Kanyon up and shoves him into a corner. Bret prepares to throw him across the ring into the opposing turnbuckle, but Kanyon reverses and sends Bret crashing CHEST FIRST into the original turnbuckle! Bret collapses into the mat in pain!

Kanyon is quick to grab the Hitman and cover, that only gets a two. Kanyon covers again, two count again. Kanyon tries for a third time, trying to exhaust Bret, and Bret kicks out once more. Kanyon gets up and drags the Hitman up. He wraps his arms around Bret's waist... BELLY-TO-BELLY! He hits it! Cover by Kanyon, two count again! Kanyon brushes his hair up as he stands, frustrated. Kanyon bends over to pick the Hitman up, but the Hitman rolls into a small package!!! one..two..thr-no! Kick-out by Kanyon! Kanyon is taken by surprise, but he quick to get up and is on the Hitman again with another headlock! This goes on until the ref is forced to check on Bret's condition. He raises Bret's arm once, and it falls limp... another time... and it falls limp again... the crowd is now cheering for Bret to get up... the ref tries one last time, and the arm stays in the air!

Bret pushes Kanyon into the ropes, and this time he manages to bounce him off! Kanyon runs across the ropes, and goes for a clothesline... Bret ducks! Kanyon bounces back... and Bret catches him with a Powerslam! That took out Kanyon and exhausted Bret! Both men are extremely slow to get up.

Bret manages to get up first. He quickly goes after Kanyon's right leg, nailing it with stomps, and then locking it into a leg grapevine. Kanyon grimaces in pain. Bret lets go, but is quick to go for a figure four! Kanyon looks like he's about to give up! But no... he manages to grab on to the ropes!!! Bret releases the hold, and bends over to pick Kanyon up... Kanyon hits with a thumb to the eye!

Kanyon throws a right hand, which Bret blocks... and converts into a crucifix pinfall attempt! One...two... kickout! Bret seems to have found his second wind! Bret goes after Kanyon with a fury. Backbody-drop! Bret picks Kanyon up... runs across the ropes... bulldog! Bre grabs Kanyon again, and hits a side-russian legsweep. He climbs to the 2nd rope, and goes for an elbow drop... Kanyon rolls out, Bret hits the mat!!!

Kanyon stalks Bret as he stands... he goes for the Flatliner! NO! Bret reverses into an attempted T-Bone! But Kanyon reverses that, and goes behind the Hitman, GERMAN SUPLEX! The same move he used to beat Bret the last time around! He bridges for the cover... one...two... thre- BRET KICKS OUT! Kanyon can't believe it! He goes after the Hitman... and Bret grabs Kanyon's legs from underneath him!!!

BRET LOCKS THE SHARPSHOOTER!!! Kanyon is in AGONY! He desperately tries to grab for the ropes... he is a mere inches away... BUT BRET DRAGS HIM BACK INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING!!! Kanyon has no choice!!! Kanyon nods his head to the ref... HE QUITS!!! KANYON SUBMITS TO THE PAIN OF THE SHARPSHOOTER! BRET DEFENDS THE TITLE!!!

As soon as the bell rings, someone from under the mat rolls out! IT'S RAVEN! Before Bret could even let go of the Sharpshooter, Raven jumps in and hits an EVENFLOW DDT ON THE HITMAN!!! The crowd starts booing!!! Raven then picks up the nearly-unconscious Kanyon, and hits an EVENFLOW DDT!!! Bret and Kanyon are down and out!!! The crowd has a mixed reaction... seeing Raven deal with a face and a heel. Raven grabs the WCW Title and looks at it... he then throws it at the Hitman's unconscious body. Raven walks off the ring without a word, and with an intense look on his face!!! Schiavone is having another one of his orgasms, and says that he'll see us next week!!!

Winner: Bret Hart via Submission

Rating: *****

Crowd: 90

Workrate: 100

Overall: 95

Overall Show Rating: 84

Nitro TV Rating: 6.89

RAW TV Rating: 7.30

What an awesome Nitro..

You know that I hate K-Dawg, fire his damn ass...

Great Main Event, that was a great match. Loved how Raven came, and EVENFLOW DDT BOTH OF THEM! BY GAWD RAVEN DESERVES TO BE WCW CHAMPION!

Even I'm Canadian, and I really should be supporting Hart's ass...

I wonder who will face DDP for the United States Championship? :-P

Good Nitro!

For some reason I see Flair's opponent being either Hogan or Savage, after he mentioned them in his interview. And I hope note, because I'll really not want to see that match.

But Hart vs Raven Part Deux should be great, and I too want to know who's going to take on DDP. And what the hell, the six man should be a good mix of action and inaction. So I guess three to one says it'll a good show based on what we know.

***** and ****3/4, damn, good matches there. Kanyon-Bret reguarly gets amazing star ratings.

I'm intrigued about Flair and DDP now, I'm trying to think who'd make good opponents. Maybe Booker T comes back and wins US title from DDP then to feud with Jericho over it? I really dunno, got me guessing again.

Edited by Renegade

May 19, 1999

Phone Conversation

"Hello, Eric? Bret here."

"Bret, good to hear from you. Good job last Monday Night. If we keep this up, we're going to drive McMahon down the ground again!"

"Thanks, I'm calling about your offer."

"That was about three months ago... any word?"

"I've been bugging him for the last couple of weeks."

"And?"

"He's on. He's already quit, and the no-compete clause runs out in June."

"That's great to hear! It's a damn shame, McMahon was burying him in that damn Blue Blazer gimmick. I'm telling you right now, Owen's got a PLACE in WCW."

"That's what I wanted to hear from you. He'll be calling you later today, when his flight arrives from Stamford."

"Thanks, Bret. And tell the wife that I said hi!"

"No problem."

*click

Guest Jaymz_(JMH)_Hallos

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! Owen Hart for WCW Champion in the year 2000, Baby!

I'll be watching this dairy more often now. :w00t:

Yes, Owen Hart. :) So I guess he won't die now, right? Hoohahahooie.

Thanks for the words of encouragement GCCWolverine. Bah, this is a bit rushed, but what the heck, either that or never get it out. Here's Nitro, enjoy!

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

May 24, 1999

BI-LO Center

Greenville, South Carolina

The show opens with a recap of last week's World Championship match between Bret Hart and Kanyon, and the eventual interference of Raven. Schiavone also tackles the fact that there is a six-man tag-match at Slamboree involving the Wolfpack and The Alliance. And of course, that Ric Flair has a match at Slamboree. Schiavone then says that tonight, Lex Luger and The Giant will be tagging against Kevin Nash and Sting!

~

Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Billy Kidman

Shinzaki has his tag partner, Jun Akiyama with him. This was a great match that really highlighted Shinzaki's speed and agility. Kidman and Shinzaki's styles meshed real well together and they put on a great match for the crowd. Akiyama interfered when the ref's back was turned and hit an "Exploder" on Kidman, Shinzaki finished with the Shinzaki Bomb on Kidman to grab the win.

Winner: Shinzaki via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****

Overall: 80

Crowd: 61

Workrate: 99

~

The cameras cut to backstage, where the Commish, Mike Sanders, is speaking on someone over his celphone. Sander's face beams with a grin as the caller says something.

"Good... good... excellent! Ric Flair will absolutely soil his pants. Yes. Good. Alright. I'll be seeing you soon."

Sanders gets off the phone, and smiles. The crowd cheers in anticipation, but Sanders doesn't reveal who the mystery caller is.

Crowd: 73

~

:Television Title:

Curt Hennig vs. Saturn

Average match, not bad. Hennig continues his winning streak, defending the TV Title once again by defeating Saturn in a one-on-one match.

Winner: Curt Hennig via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/4

Overall: 73

Crowd: 69

Workrate: 78

~

After Hennig's match, Chris Jericho walks out with a microphone.

"Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo. Curt Hennig wins again. Curt Hennig defends the United States Title once more! Listen you two-bit hack, this is MONDAY NIGHT JERICHOOOOOO! There's no place for you, Curt, no place for you as the TV Champion here in WCW. Because a TV Champ is supposed to be someone who symbolizes what this show is about! And if you're going to get anyone from MONDAY NIGHT JERICHOOOOO!... it's got to be ME... Chris Jericho! If there's anyone who deserves to be TV Champ, it's ME! So... at Slamboree, I'm laying down a challenge! You, Curt Hennig, versus me, CHRIS JERICHOOOOOOOOOO... for the WCW TV Championship!!!"

Hennig just looks at Jericho. He is handed a microphone by one of the stage hands.

"You're on, boy. This Sunday, Slamboree... prepare to get schooled!"

The fans cheer. Jericho grins, getting what he wanted out of Hennig, a title shot at the PPV this Sunday.

~

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Another brilliant match given by Chavo and Rey. Lucha libre at its finest. This, unfortunately, will never make it to the main event in WCW, simply because of the fact that Cruiserweights simply do not sell PPVs. Chavo and Rey put up a good show, ending the match with a 'rana from Rey converted into a Powerbomb by Chavo to grab the pinfall victory.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

Match: Rating: ****

Overall: 85

Crowd: 75

Workrate: 95

~

After the match is done, Chavo Guerrero asks for a microphone from one of the stage hands.

"Tonight, I've proven once again that I am a true Guerrero! That I have the blood of the Guerrero family running through my veins! I defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in one-on-one competition, and if that doesn't prove to my uncle, Eddie, that I deserve a shot at the Cruiserweight Title... I don't know what will."

The fans cheer. Chavo's becoming a slight fan-favorite.

"But you know what, Eddie? It doesn't matter what you think. Because earlier tonight, I walked into Commissioner Michael Sanders' office, and I told him that if he was serious about giving the people who work their asses off in WCW a shot... then he would give me a shot to regain the Cruiserweight Title from you, Eddie! Commish Sanders told me that it was going to be tough to determine which Guerrero was the better Guerrero. That's why, this Sunday, at Slamboree... in St. Louis, Missouri... you're going to have to defend the WCW Cruiserweight Title against me, Chavo Guerrero... in a BEST OF THREE FALLS match! It's been signed, sealed and delivered, straight to you, Uncle Eddie, from the Commissioner's office! I'll see you, and MY Cruiserweight Title as SLAMBOREE!!!"

The fans like the idea of a gimmick match between Chavo and Eddie, and cheer it on.

~

After the commercial break, we cut to Mike Sanders standing in the ring, to minimal fan reaction.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. As you know, last week... Bret Hart successfully defended the WCW World Heavyweight Championship against Kanyon. And after the match, Raven ran into the ring, leaving both the Hitman and Kanyon down and out. And so, tonight, I have decided that at Slamb-"

Raven's music starts playing. Sanders stops, and looks at Raven, who's walking down the aisle with intent. The fans give a mixture of boos and cheers, Raven's slowly gaining a following in WCW. As he steps into the ring, he locks eyes with the Commish. Raven walks over and grabs the microphone.

"You know, I know, everyone knows that I deserve a rematch for the title. You all saw it last week. I laid out BOTH Kanyon ad Bret Hart in the middle of the ring! What about me, huh? What about ME!? What about RAVEN!? I DESERVE A REMATCH. I DEMAND A REMATCH!"

Sanders wrests the mircophone from Raven's hand, and starts talking again.

"You want a rematch, Raven? You've got a rematch! Because at Slamboree... the WCW World Heavyweight Championship is going to be decided in a match between..."

'K-K-K-K-K-Kaaaaanyoooon!' Kanyon's music plays and he walks out to the jeers and boos of the crowd. Kanyon makes his way into the ring, and then goes nose-to-nose with Raven. Kanyon swipes the mic from Sanders.

"Hold on commish. This runt here's got to answer to me. See, I don't appreciate what you did to me last week... hitting me with one of your Eveflow DDTs. I don't like it one bit. And I figure, that it's about time I clocked you in the jaw, right here, right now... whaddya' say?"

Sanders steps in between Kanyon and Raven, a bit frustrated. He snaps the mic from Kanyon.

"No...no..no... No fighting between you two tonight, damnit! I run this circus, and I say when you fight! And that's going to be a Slamboree! Because at Slamboree... Bret Hart will defend the WCW World Heavyweight Championship... against RAVEN!!!! and KANYON!!!! In a THREE-WAY match!!!"

Raven and Kanyon immediately don't like the idea of having to go against two opponents in one match, and start complaining. The NitroVision flickers on, and Bret Hart is backstage, holding the WCW Title over his shoulder. Raven and Kanyon look at the screen.

"It won't matter who I'm going up against at Slamboree. As I said last week... I'm a fighting champion. I've beaten you, two weeks ago, Raven. And I beat you last week Kanyon. You can both try again this Sunday, but I can guarantee you, that the results will be the same. Raven... Kanyon... you want this title so bad? You want to be the top dog? Then you'll need to pry it from my dead body. Because that's what it's going to take to beat me, to beat the best there is... the best there was... and the best that there ever will be!"

Raven's face turns into a mask of hatred, while Kanyon starts jawing. Sanders smiles as he walks away, down to the ramp and heads backstage.

Crowd: 68

~

Disco Inferno vs. Juventud Guerrera

Disco Inferno puts up a good showing against Juventud. Not really anything spectacular though, as Disco wraps things up against the Cruiserweight via a Last Dance to win the match.

Winner: Disco Inferno via Pinfall

Match Rating: **

Overall: 74

Crowd: 75

~

After the match, Disco is handed a microphone.

"I've been thinking about what Commish Sanders told me. If I want something, I'd better reach out and grab it. That's why I'm grabbing that opportunity right now. Diamond Dallas Page... I ACCEPT your open challenge! I want to fight you for the United States Title, at Slamboree, this Sunday!"

Just then, DDP's music starts playing and Page walks out, laughing.

"Hold on... hold on... you? You? Ha ha ha ha ha. Alright, monkeyboy... you want a shot? You... ha ha ha... got it!"

Disco is obviously pissed off that Page isn't taking him seriously.

"Let's who'll be laughing when I take that US Title from you this Sunday, and SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!"

Page stops laughing, and just stares at Inferno, who stares right back.

Color: 80

~

Kevin Nash & Sting vs. Lex Luger & The Giant

Nash and Sting have Konnan with them, while Luger and The Giant have Bigelow. Ric Flair is with Arn Anderson, and they just watch at ringside.

You know where this is headed. Nash and Sting start off hot, isolating Luger, with the fans going wild each time Sting would hit Luger with a move. A cheap-shot later, and The Giant would soon be pounding on Sting, nearly breaking him a few times. Sting gets the hot tag to Nash, who starts cleaning house. The Giant and Nash are soon face-to-face and exchanging blows. Bigelow decides to jump in and join the action, and Konnan does as well! Soon, all six men start walloping each other, the ref loses control and calls for the Double DQ. Flair and Anderson do nothing, as the six men tussle in the ring.

Winner: Double DQ

Match Rating: ***

O: 83

C: 87

M: 75

~

With their backs turned to the entranceway as they watch the brawl in the ring, Flair and Anderson do not notice the guy in a hooded grey sweatshirt running at them with full force. The guy smashes into Flair and Anderson! Flair is knocked down! The guy grabs Arn Anderson and throws him into the steel steps! That knocks Anderson out!

Schiavone is wondering who the hell this guy is! Flair slowly tries to crawl... and soon starts backpedalling on his back. He raises his hands to say 'No More!' Flair doesn't seem to know who his hooded assailant is, either. The guy walks slowly, stalking Flair. He walks up towards Flair, and then throws his hood back to reveal himself!

Schiavone starts screaming hysterically. "IT'S CHRIS BENOIT! IT'S CHRIS BENOIT! THE CRIPPLER IS BACK! OH MY GOD! CHRIS BENOIT! CHRIS BENOIT IS RIC FLAIR'S OPPONENT AT SLAMBOREE!!! HE'S BACK! THE CRIPPLER IS BACK!!! AFTER FIVE MONTHS, THE CRIPPLER RETURNS, AND HE'S GOING TO FACE THE MAN WHO TOOK HIM OUT!!! FLAIR!!! BENOIT!!! SLAMBOREE!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!" Benoit's face is full of rage, emotion, anger... he places his left thumb on his right shoulder and proceeds to run it across his throat, his trademark gesture. Flair's eyes are wide as saucers as the realization sets in. Benoit is going to CRIPPLE Flair at Slamboree! The final shot of the evening is of Benoit just looking at Flair with all the pent up emotion inside him.

Crowd: 81

Overall Show Rating: 78

Nitro TV Rating: 6.82

RAW TV Rating: 7.29

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

TWI CENTER, ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

:WCW Cruiserweight Championship:

-2 OUT OF 3 FALLS-

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

With Eddie Guerrero rarely defending the Cruiserweight Title, Chavo finally takes the initiative and manages to grab a title shot from Commissioner Mike Sanders. Sanders has made this match into a best 2 out of 3 falls, to finally decide which Guerrero is better.

:WCW Television Championship:

Curt Hennig © vs. Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho came out on Nitro and challenged Curt Hennig for the TV Title, saying that he was sick and tired of watching Hennig defend the title against so-called weak opponents. Hennig accepted without hesistation, and these two will clash at Slamboree.

:WCW United States Championship:

Diamond Dallas Page © vs. Disco Inferno

Diamond Dallas Page posted an open challenge to anyone in the WCW lockerroom to fight him for the US Title on Slamboree. Disco Inferno, at the indulgence of Commissioner Mike Sanders, accepted the challenge. Will Disco be able to upset DDP for the US Title?

Sting, Kevin Nash & Konnan vs. Lex Luger, The Giant & Bam Bam Bigelow

The war between the nWo and the Alliance is still on-going, and it is now in the form of the personal feud between former friends Sting and Lex Luger. After Luger's betrayal of Sting at Spring Stampede, he has since joined the Alliance and teamed up with the tag-team champions, the Giant and Bam Bam Bigelow. Sting, along with his nWo Wolfpack stablemates, Kevin Nash and Konnan will look to put a big dent on the Alliance in this 6-man tag-team match, along with revenge for what Luger did to Sting.

:WCW World Heavyweight Championship:

Bret Hart © vs. Raven vs. Kanyon

Bret Hart defeated Raven, being the last two competitors of the Countdown Melee the previous week, on Nitro for the vacated WCW World Heavyweight Title. The very next week, Bret Hart successfully defends the title against the man who defeated him a week before Spring Stampede, Kanyon. After the match, Raven laid out both men and claimed the title for himself. Commissioner Mike Sanders has decided that the title will be up for grabs in a three-way match between Hart, Raven and Kanyon.

Ric Flair vs. Chris Benoit

In Januray, Ric Flair disbanded the Four Horsemen by taking out Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit in separate sneak attacks. After five months of absence, Chris Benoit revealed himself during the last Nitro as Ric Flair's mystery opponent on Slamboree... a match sanctioned by WCW Commissioner Michael Sanders! Chris Benoit, The Crippler, will be looking for venegeance against his former stable-mate, The Nature Boy. Will Ric Flair be able to walk away from this encounter... or will the Crippler leave him CRIPPLED in the ring!?

Kudos to Kempay for the posters!!!