WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Austin/Hart Relive moment is horrible, having to set up in certain spots all the time, all the while having everything reversed because it's obvious what you're going to try to do (and really, it's hard enough getting him in the corner, are you really going to chance losing him from it by hitting him first?). And of course, while you're trying to meet objectives, the AI is just trying to win, and since there's no escape mechanic, if you're in red health, essentially any hold will make you lose. Terrible.

The Austin/Hart Relive moment is horrible, having to set up in certain spots all the time, all the while having everything reversed because it's obvious what you're going to try to do (and really, it's hard enough getting him in the corner, are you really going to chance losing him from it by hitting him first?). And of course, while you're trying to meet objectives, the AI is just trying to win, and since there's no escape mechanic, if you're in red health, essentially any hold will make you lose. Terrible.

Yeah I had the same problem in the Austin/Hart Match. After a forth attempt managed to get most of the objectives, then Austin got me in an armbar, and beat me :(

Dragsy, would it be worth getting the game if you're enjoyed the smackdown games? I'm really not fond of the control scheme but is it worth getting used to?

The Irish whip scheme is terrible. It really is. It needs saying again, it shouldn't be mapped to a button that does 100 other things. Rumbles are more and more fun though, if it feels slightly arbitary as to if you get thrown out or not.

The conrols are kind of frustrating in that there's not a lot of variety in the moves and there's lack of freedom with regards movement and running, but I'm loving the relive mode because I'm getting to see stories I never saw when I was a kid because we didn't have Sky, and recreating actual moments from the real matches is awesome. I imagine it's going to be one of those where the price drops quite quickly, so it might be worth waiting a while and picking it up a little cheaper. I mean, it's fun to play, it's just a little repetitive. They were clearing going for a simplified control system to keep more people happy, because the SD controls can be a nightmare (turned me off '08 completely with all the fighting style bullshit), they just dumbed it down too much. Needs a couple of grapple options for each chain level

The controls do take some getting used to but at this point the only thing that frustrates me slightly is the irish whip system, it can be very hard to pull one off.

This really seems like it is going to be a game people either love or hate, personally I love it, sure it’s not Smackdown and it is not trying to be. There are things in Smackdown that you cannot do in this game and vice versa but there are a lot of positives to this game for people to enjoy if they stop dwelling on the negatives or the comparisons to Smackdown.

At the end of the day I enjoy both games for different reasons, if I feel nostalgic and feel like some easy to play matches with 80’s and 90’s stars I’ll pop this in, but if I feel like a long length tag team TLC match with loads of crazy high spots I’ll pop Smackdown in.

Both games are good at what they set out to do and achieve what they are meant to be.

If people don’t like LOW that is fair enough, but in my opinion it is not a bad game, far from it.

Edited by Lopro

I think this game is really good - a lot better than SDvR. I think the control system flows better once you get used to it, and even though the quick time events are cliched in gaming, I love the way they've done it for finishers. It could have done with a couple more modes though.

Is there anyway to level up your created guy over time or no?

Yes, there's an achievement for maxing out a created legend's stats.

I'm on the Austin vs. Rock WMXV relive match. Go through and do the majority of the objectives pretty easily and get to a point where I'm just beating him up so I can get to Level 2, taunt and get health back so when he does try a finisher it shouldn't be the end of me. Then all he does is the samoan drop, doesn't try the strong grapple at all until my health is in low yellow and then he pulls off his finisher, the one move I've failed to reverse when trying for the last 10 minutes and he pins me. Now I have to go through and do all of those objectives again :(

Edit: Completed it on the next go. Wasn't as hard as I thought, I didn't reverse it the first time but I broke the chain and then reversed it the next time he tried it.

Edited by AD

Saw an article on the WWE website that's given me an idea. I'm going to put together a card of LOW Vs SvR to run on my game, probably with 25 matches to go with Wrestlemania 25. I'm definately going with:

John Cena Vs Hulk Hogan

Steve Austin Vs Randy Orton

Andre the Giant Vs Big Show

The Rock Vs Shawn Michaels

Hardy Boys Vs Legion of Doom

British Bulldog Vs William Regal

Ric Flair Vs Triple H

Undertaker Vs Ultimate Warrior

Cody Rhodes Vs Dusty Rhodes

Then the other matches I've thought off are Edge/Perfect, JBL/Dibiase, John Studd/Great Khali and Bret Hart/Jericho. Basically I need 25 solid matches for the card

I was also gonna make a "supercard" once I get the game, mine will look something like this:

Austin and the Rock vs. The MegaPowers (I'm gonna create Savage)

Andre the Giant vs. the Big Show

Randy Orton vs. Jake Roberts

Batista vs. Ultimate Warrior

Hart Foundation vs. Hardy Boyz

Rick Rude vs. John Morrison

Ric Flair vs. Chris Jericho

Is there anyway to level up your created guy over time or no?

Yes, there's an achievement for maxing out a created legend's stats.

I won't achieve that then. Not looking to max out, but I don't want to create Demolition or someone else and have them be a 60.

For all it's annoyances, I've had more fun on this over the last three days then I have on Smackdown in a long time. Playing as Jake Roberts and especially Rick Rude is never getting old, ever, ever ever.

As i've said to a couple of people, after importing the SDvR09 Roster, it really feels like I have no need for SDvR anymore...this game is so much more fun...just old-schoolish, arcadey goodness. :D

Edited by Plubby