Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Into the team now, generally coming off the bench as usual or if I start I get subbed the first time the ball goes out of play after 58 minutes or so, even if I then go on to win man of the match.

Scored a couple of goals, one a header from a corner and the other was a great team goal that I started and finished.

The header was the winner against Athletico Madrid in the Champions League. Last minute too. Great stuff, I was actually on my feet celebrating :P

I got man of the match too....

....But of course I was then dropped for the following league match... :shifty:

I lost my place in the starting line up after I got suspended for a game. Two yellow cards in about 28 minutes, both of them just late and clumsy challenges. I was just a bit over zealous and really wanted the ball to get a counter attack going - they left their back leg in there and made it look like I'd killed them. Think they sensed my talent and wanted me out of the match.

Going to finish off my season now, 4 games or so to play and then negotiations - here's to hoping to a big move :)

I'm still angry at myself for not taking the transfer to PSG. Le Mans are really sucking in the league this season and they are a definite step down in quality from Cagliari. I guess it was a bit of a randomly good season for them last time to move them so high in the overall rankings (and Blackburn did the same in England and got into the Champions League where even we beat them 3-0).

Got a few league games and cup games before the mid season transfer window so maybe I'll steal one to a better French club if I'm offered....

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMySanta

I turned down Spartak Moscow and Roda JC - both who are higher in the overall tables but still League D for a move to... Middlesbrough in League C. We won the first training match 3-0 with me scoring and getting an assist. We have more class than the other two on the whole but will probably struggle in the league - whereas Spartak are probably a top 4 team in their league.

I wanted to get out the league as I didn't want to have to play Willem II too much. They're my adopted team. I wanted out of Vitesse but during negotiations there wasn't anything particularly great - but everyone wants me to play CM or wing, although I've only ever played CM (I'd prefer AMC because I'm more of a SS than a CM). Either way I didn't fancy the stay in League D and I hope that by performing well in League C that maybe some bigger clubs may come calling soon. Although I don't want to keep switching clubs every now and again.

Oddly enough I had the option to return to Willem II at the end of the season but turned it down, and I was going to stay at Vitesse but each week they kept lowering my wage so I figured I'd up and off to England - my home country. Both negotiations in the first season (mid season and end of season) NAC Breda have come in for me but due to them being Willem II's fiercest rivals I turned it down - I don't want to be seen as a Judas or anything to my first team. Will likely stick with Boro for the full season unless a better club come calling. Somewhere that adopts an AMC formation would be fantastic for me obviously so I could play in my natural position.

If I don't make the first team for Boro soon I'm going to go fucking mental. I have to sit on the bench the whole match nearly. About 5 matches I'd spent on bench and I'd got on once, and we were already 2-0 down. I've since then got on once more at half time and got man of the match, the rest have all been 20 minutes or so run ours when I have no way whatsoever to impact the game because Boro are full of selfish bastards who seem intent on freezing me out.

I absolutely scream blue murder for the ball and the only time they pass me it is when they're literally about 1 foot away from me and then I immediately get tackled because I have no time or room to do anything. Last match they refused to pass me the ball in an attack where I was in a good offensive position I'd say about 3 times. So I just went and stood offside for the last 2-3 minutes and refused to do anything.

Fucking give me the ball you useless bastards. Why is Lee Catermole starting ahead of me? No idea but he is. And I just want on the freaking pitch. And as I type this I'm once again overlooked at half time against Stoke with the score 0-0. When I come up, we score goals whether I'm involved or not, we're actually scoring when I play. I'm stick of sitting here watching the players whiz round my screen and do fuck all.

Let. Me. On. The. Fucking. Pitch. :@

EDIT: I started the next match.

And scored.

And got man of the match.

And then got dropped to the bench again.

Edited by IAceI

I wish you could make the game go faster than 2X speed when you're not on the pitch.

I wonder if the managers do a "David Moyes" on young players and try to keep you well rested and not too involved in your younger years.

My teams always look more dangerous pushing forwards when I'm playing too, even when I give the ball away cos I run at the defence and play forward balls instead of balls back.

Passing the ball back is an evil, evil thing. More so when the AI does it.

I'm sick of making a charging run forward with an easy through ball there to get me through on goal. Only for the computer to turn tail, jog back to the half way line and pass it back. Take a risk people! I do!

Okay so most of the time I try to take on a defender, get tackled and my character then does that weird "run off" thing. Y'know the one, where you could probably have won the ball back but instead he does some stumble/jog away thing while they surge out with the ball. That's a frustrating one for me.

For the record I got my first start against someone.. can't remember who now, like I said in my other post. I was excited I scored the winner straight away. From kick off they passed me the ball and I went passed every player who came at me and rifled it home. Was the only goal of the game though I believe. And then I was promptly dropped.

Oh I got a straight red card against Liverpool as well. Which was bollocks. It was 'kinda' from behind, like I was chasing back but came at an angle and won the ball. Yellow card at best but never a red. I'm not a dirty player in the slightest.

Edited by IAceI

I've always found it hard to sign people, obviously the Master League difficulty changes that, but I usually find myself offering them double their salary and double the amount they're worth, sometimes triple just to get somebody you really want.

The game has pissed me off over the last few days. Sometimes I turn it on and the confidence of my team just seems like shit and all the passes are terrible and in the opposite direction to what you want. Then I'll switch it on the next day and perform amazing. Playing another Master League, trying one with Arsenal and on days they just play like the real Arsenal, amazing link up play, fantastic passing and just all around fantastic team performance. It seems once you score a few goals the confidence rises and your team slowly becomes unstoppable. Yet you have one bad performance, a few bad passes and everything goes down hill. The beauty of the game is that when things do go right, it's just brilliant, some of the passing is out of this world when it comes off right. Also love free kicks on this game, hard to score still for me but there's nothing like blasting the ball with RVP or Ronaldo.

So with my X-Box for Christmas came... this!

And I have to say I'm struggling a little. Admittedly, I haven't played much on any console in a couploe of years so I think I'm just adapting to the X-Box controller as well as a slower pace on PES. I'll get there.

My first game on regular went well. Beat Clruj or however they are spelt 6-0 with Man U. Think I'm going to crack on with the Legend thing after some DVD watching. Anyway yes. So far so good.

Something I love in both FIFA and PES this year is the little flicks the players do instead of the regular pass it adds a lot to the game for me, scored a quality goal today where I hoofed it up the field and Tevez jumped and flicked it on with a nice backheel which Rooney slammed into the top corner.

Started Be A Legend as a tall, left-footed Northern Irish striker. :) I'm going to glory hunt.

Scored a brace in the scouted match and got a contract with Sunderland. I assumed the training matches is normal, having read through the thread and eventually got the on the bench for the away trip to Spurs. Didn't play as we went down 3-0. Carlos Edwards got sent-off after 28 minutes.

Then we played Stoke in the Cup, and I came on at half-time ran myself about and helped Jones score the second in our 2-0 win. By "help", I dragged the other centre-back away with an incredible so he could drive through the middle.

And then for my second appearance, I came on at half-time against Newcastle. Game is locked at 0-0 in injury time... Kieran Richardson and Michael Chopra do some decent work down the left, ball is pulled back to the edge of the area... about hip height and I threw my left leg at it. Sailed into the side of the net for an incredible victory and the man of the match award! ^_^

So I got this today and was wondering how much more stable (if at all) the online mode is from people's experiences.

I've only played two or three matches online. One of those were fine, the other two were really laggy to be honest. Although the main problem was really that despite only playing three games, it seems like so many people always want to be the best team/s on the game in United/Barca and just use people like Messi and Ronaldo to run through your entire team and when it's lagging, you cant really do fuck all. I've just found online really annoying so haven't really bothered with it.