FIFA 09

alldaws1

I'm playing as Bolton Wanderers in manager mode and getting massacred every game, pretty much on the verge of getting fired. The problem is that my team just keep getting knackered and I don't have a big enough squad to apply a good rotation system, plus the transfer window is closed. Any help?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, this game is grand.

In my second year with Leeds and searching the transfer window. I go to MLS to see what Americans I can buy on the cheap. Who do I find ?

Fabregas - Colorado

Anderson - Chivas

Zaki - Chivas

Klasnic - DC

Juninho - NY

Camoranesi - Dallas

yeah, definately a video game world.

I'm playing as Bolton Wanderers in manager mode and getting massacred every game, pretty much on the verge of getting fired. The problem is that my team just keep getting knackered and I don't have a big enough squad to apply a good rotation system, plus the transfer window is closed. Any help?

You don't happen to be Sammy Lee by any chance?

Just had an amazing game online with me(Fiorentina) vs Barcelona, I missed a penalty then they scored from the counter attack, trailed all game but had all of the shots and possession before scoring in the last 20 minutes. Went to Extra Time and was 3-1 down by the 99th minute, cue a goal just before half time and then a goal just in to the second half, I threw away a hatful of chances to win after it too.

Had the most epic shootout I have had yet with me winning on the 16th penalty.

8 is usually enough though.

Agreed. Plus it's more realistic if you leave it around the 7/8 mark. If you play 2 games in a week you would expect a little fatigue. That way you're forced into using your squad players rather than running the same 11 out every game, also more realistic.

I just went back to my BAP Season (Sunderland reserves) for the first time in a month and a half. Up until now I had only managed to score one goal in 5 appearances getting pretty frustrated with my crap stats and poor teammates. Needless to say I was ecstatic when I scored a hat-trick against Portsmouth and got a 9.9 rating plus a ton of exp points which I've put to good use (speed, accelleration and strength). Then in my next game I scored twice. It would've been a second hat-trick had I taken the penalty that I won. Chopra took it instead and missed. :@

Dying to get back on FIFA but my girlfriend's intent on playing little big planet and super rub a dub all day. >_<

Just finished my first season on BAP. Broke into the first team at around gameweek 22 and scored something like 16 goals in 13 appearances.

Now the following teams are interested: Derby, Charlton, Auxerre, Arsenal, Milan, SK Kladno, Tours FC.

The first three are a joke, they're offering me a lesser role than what I'm on at the minute (fan favourite). I could be tempted by Arsenal who're offering me a first team choice role but at Milan I'd be strictly a reserve.

Decisions, decisions.

Choose Milan! Their kit looks so sexy in this game.

Just went up from Semi-Pro to Professional today, played 50 games at Semi-Pro before I decided I had 'cracked' it, 3-0 wins and 60/65% possession suggested so to me. Haven't made the greatest step up, got owned in my first game 3-0 and then lost another 3 on the trot 1-0 but started to create chances and finally won my first game 1-0 and then drew at home to Oldham 1-1. They certainly close down a lot more in Pro and I do prefer the challenge, I always get hit on the break though and that's something I need to work on a bit.

I chose Arsenal :( I figured I'd be getting more exp points playing in the Premiership than in the Italian reserves. Wish I'd chose Milan now though.

The match achievements are ridiculously difficult now though. To earn any extra exp points I have to get 9.0 match rating, score a hat-trick and/or win the match by 5 goals. Even with a top(ish) team like Arsenal that's absurd.

Congrats on making the step up though. I think as far as playing the CPU it's half improving how you play and half figuring out how they play. Once you've played on a certain level for a while you can predict what moves they're going to make. I've just started playing on World Class. I should've done a while back but I like the comfort of Pro.

Also, fun glitch: I chose Totti as my Arena player, then after I had a match I went back to the arena and it had reverted back to C.Ronaldo... except he was wearing a Roma shirt. Awesome.

Agreed. Plus it's more realistic if you leave it around the 7/8 mark. If you play 2 games in a week you would expect a little fatigue. That way you're forced into using your squad players rather than running the same 11 out every game, also more realistic.

Yeah, I like to keep it at a reasonable level but then the bastard computer goes and schedules me to play two games in one day multiple times during the second half of the season <_<

Also, fun glitch: I chose Totti as my Arena player, then after I had a match I went back to the arena and it had reverted back to C.Ronaldo... except he was wearing a Roma shirt. Awesome.

Same thing happened to me. I had it set as Anderson from Man Utd, then changed it to myself after getting into Be-A-Pro. I went back to it later and it was Anderson again...but wearing a Doncaster Rovers shirt!

Is anybody else getting some randomly amazing results? I was playing as Man City, winning most games 1-0 (on world class), few draws and two losses in about fifteen games. Then from out of no where I slaughtered West Ham 6-0, Sergio Augero got four. I marked. >_<

Ok, here's a question for ya. I own Pro Evo and it's great, I enjoy it and haven't had any reason to look for another football game. However, the online play is pretty crap on it and I've heard Fifa's is good... I also play NHL 09 and EA's Online there is generally pretty good. So basically, I want to know if it's worth me buying Fifa, given that I already own Pro Evo? What's Be a Pro like? Am I likely to get as much from the game offline as I could on Pro Evo?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

The Be A Pro thingy is pretty much the same as Pro Evo, except you play the full 90 minutes of each match (unless you call to be substituted)

You play full matches in the youth team, then the reserves, then the full team.

Plus I've noticed it doesn't take half as long to set up as most of the teams are in the right leagues, making transfers a completely new experience.