FIFA 09

alldaws1

Try to avoid shooting whilst holding the sprint button. Try holding R1 (RB?) whilst shooting for a finesse shot, which will increase accuracy but decrease power. You can also hold L2 (LT?) just before you shoot which brings the ball under more control and can increase power. If you're one on one with the keeper, try and shoot from an angle and curl the ball around him rather than hit him head on.

Other than that, practice, practice, practice...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok bear with me right i used to buy Pro Evo every year but this year i sed i'd give fifa a pop aswell seen as i heard so many good things about it..I really like it but is it because i'm so used to playing pro evo style that i'm finding iit really hard to score???sum1 help

I went through the same things when I bought FIFA 09. At first it seems impossible to get passed people and to shoot properly. The only way I managed to score first 2 games was via a header (which is much better than in PES). But if you just keep playing the game all of a sudden getting passed players and finishing etc comes natural and PES is suddenly a stupid game (I did PES2008 two weeks ago again, sucked big time).

Ok bear with me right i used to buy Pro Evo every year but this year i sed i'd give fifa a pop aswell seen as i heard so many good things about it..I really like it but is it because i'm so used to playing pro evo style that i'm finding iit really hard to score???sum1 help

Many Pro Evo fans who try FIFA tend to give up because when they try playing FIFA like they do Pro Evo, they fail miserably and call it a shit game.

As already said, practice is the key. When building up attacks, use quick, incisive passing between players. Not having hold of the sprint button helps here too. In the booklet that came with the game, a tip they give is to use the sprint button sparingly. It was in '08 as well, and I must say, when I first read that, I doubted the tip and played my own game. They are right though. It's a lot easier to control your players when you're not holding the sprint button.

Sure, you'll need it when defending to catch up to opposition players, or when attacking to burn past a player, but over-use it, and you'll be punished, most definitely online, but the AI aren't bad at it either.

I was a Pro Ev convert as well and hadn't touched FIFA since 04. I was really frustrated at the start because the running and quick cutback method of beating players on PES was so ineffective on this. THe only reason I got the game was because it came free with my PS3, but I ept at it and now I've mastered it, better than I've ever done with any Pro Ev.

I usually don't get frustrated with games but after just losing 3 games in a row as West Brom and Wigan against Man Utd and Liverpool whilst being far superior I am pissed. EVERY TIME they score it's because my defenders are slow as fuck and they have people like Babel and also Torres and C. Ronaldo who are WAAAY too good. I mean, you take the ball from them and you run away, they run after you and they easily push you away and regain the ball. That's just not realistic, they are VERY good in defending as well, it's bullshit. I just had 65% possession with Wigan against Liverpool, was far better but Wigan doesn't have strikers who can just run past people like it's nothing and then easily score. Heskey is sometimes beyond shit on the ball, he cannot finish for crap. I ended up losing 4-3 because Bramble decided to briefly stop whilst running with Babel, then Babel finished even though the keeper should have easily covered the angle. GRRRRRR! Maybe I should just play with good teams like the rest.

Last night I had some good online matches, lost 1-0 against Arsenal playing as Tottenham but it could have gone either way. Then beated Portugal 1-0 with Russia after a near perfect attack. Got a cross in from the right side, Pavlyuchenko drew two defenders to him but managed to head it to Arsjavin who was completely free in front of goal to tap it in. Then playing as France I defeated Spain 4-3 with my fourth goal in extra time. Epic match with alot of great goals.

I'll be on in a couple of minutes if anyone wants to play a match.

Leeds isn't going well at all :bang:

I haven't won a single match yet. I took the lead against Petersboro and some other team but they both equalized and then Cheltenham Town thrashed me.

I remember starting bit the same as you with Leeds but once I found the right team it went well. Beckford is the key up front, he's faster than most League One defenders. I also upgraded the Fitness level heavily in order to be able to play with the best team at least 2/3 times in a row. You can have two players max on loan, so that's what I did. Very smart to get good loanee's because they are cheap but they also make your team stronger. In the mid transfer window I bought Marquinhos who was already like 75 at that point and only 17/18, was so weird that he wanted to come. Good luck, I promoted twice in a row :)

That was the most lame ending to an online game ever AD, lol. You were forced to walk around my keeper, I aimed to the far left to throw, then he decided to half ass it and you suddenly walked into the ball. I slightly hoped you would spare me hehe. Was a good game, don't know why I picked Wigan though. I could've used someone up front with a bit more quality (Heskey is only good in the air, he can't turn for shite). You play a bit like me, a lot of passing around and no silly fouls.

It could have gone either way on penalties so I decided to take the win :shifty:

Good game, though. I started brilliantly with a good header in the 4th minute and thought 'awesome, I'm gonna cruise here' and then you go and equalise in about 30 seconds. Modric's goal was a bit lucky as well, ball collided between two players, flew up in the air towards the Wigan goal and he was able to head it in just before the goalie got there :P

My love for the Da Silva twins just jumped up 10 folds. Loaned in Fabio and Daniel Welbeck for Leeds and the former has completely transformed my team, Results have started to pick up now that I have two fullbacks(Rodriguez and Fabio)who can bomb up the pitch better then my wingers.

Dunno if anyone will be able to answer this but my friend has been having an issue with the game (360 version). Whenever he and I try to play it together it freezes. It works fine when it's just him though. Anyone experience a similar thing or have read of it on other forums?

Yes same thing happens to me at first I thought it was my compy but the way to fix it is to not start the game with the lead profile. Start with the second controller and in the start menu select the option Continue Without Saving...after that it should wokr. Mine freezes whenever I try multiplayer with the lead profile.

Mines a pirated copy so I guess your friends is too..thats the only explanation I can think of.

It could have gone either way on penalties so I decided to take the win :shifty:

Good game, though. I started brilliantly with a good header in the 4th minute and thought 'awesome, I'm gonna cruise here' and then you go and equalise in about 30 seconds. Modric's goal was a bit lucky as well, ball collided between two players, flew up in the air towards the Wigan goal and he was able to head it in just before the goalie got there :P

Right! Now I remember that second goal, was really strange because the ball was in the air for a loooooong time and I was just walking around until I spotted the yellow marker where it would land, but then it bounced again and my keeper screwed up. Have never seen a ball go up that high in FIFA >.>

I said i'd try manager mode with a league two team(Wycombe Wanderers) lost my 1st game at home 1-3 to barnet, But undefeated in the next 3. Got over cocky though and crewe smashed me 5-0 at home in the cup and to be honest should have been more. I've taken you're advice on board and i'm doing okay i think.Realistic aim is the play offs and hopefully promotion haha

Edited by Bryan Blade

I have an afternoon off tomorrow so gonna try and get some league games done in Manager Mode. Once I've finished this season (as Fulham) i'm gonna up the difficulty and play with a different team.

Anyone want to make a suggestion? So far I've managed Middlesbrough and Fulham.